Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

4 hours ago, fevah said:

Mine has a few  marks at the bottom from the rubber band that was on it and each corner has a slight peel that annoys me. Flattened you cant tell though so i'll get by.  Got it flattening out now on my table under glass from another frame that was too small. Need to get a decent one soon before either kids or animals damage it.  Still considering it was pouring with rain I got lucky with the gate delay and my mate ran back to the car with his and mine and we didnt have to deal with that problem

16465030_143102096200341_499932782787139

Febuary? :mellow: Now that would bug me. I hadn't noticed it before though.

• Like 2

I've been thinking of making a more organized thread with all the best possible (clearest, biggest) images we can get for the show specific lithographs.

Most of them are in this thread, but they're all out of order and various quality.

I was hoping to do something more organized.  Also, some of the lithos that we never got really clear shots of from the artist or the band's twitter can be found on ebay, and would look decent with a little photoshop brushing up.

Is anyone else interested in a definitive thread as a lithograph art depository or should we just keep using this one?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I've been thinking of making a more organized thread with all the best possible (clearest, biggest) images we can get for the show specific lithographs.

Most of them are in this thread, but they're all out of order and various quality.

I was hoping to do something more organized.  Also, some of the lithos that we never got really clear shots of from the artist or the band's twitter can be found on ebay, and would look decent with a little photoshop brushing up.

Is anyone else interested in a definitive thread as a lithograph art depository or should we just keep using this one?

I think we should keep using this thread... but maybe have a link in the first post to something like an imgur or photobucket account where all the high quality images can be uploaded and updated by someone

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I got too lazy uodating this thread lol. I can update the first post but a new thread would be rad too

So umm... guys... look what I have:

eM9o8PA.jpg

Don't get too excited - at the moment they all have owners :wacko:

If you remember, my friend who owed me one (and sent me one) actually purchased several, all for friends who were at the Kobe gig but didn't want to hold on to the lithos for the whole show. The friends made the trip to Tokyo for one of the Saitama shows and the plan was to pick up their lithos and fly back home (they all live in the US). But of course, by the time the Japan leg was done, we all know how rare and desirable the lithos became and they ALL ended up having second thoughts. Now they've decided to leave them in Japan and are thinking about selling them. And I don't blame them. With the current prices they are going for, selling one poster pretty much covers their plane ticket. My friend and I are currently deciding what to do with them - try to sell them personally, put them on Yahoo Auctions or on Ebay.

Not sure if anybody here is interested considering the price they're going for now but at least for the time being, for the people who are willing to pay, they ARE available. They are in PERFECT condition. Guy brought a document tube with him to the gig and went straight home after. If anybody has any serious offers, let me know but otherwise it's probably Yahoo/Ebay.

I'd love to own one, but if people are really paying over $1000 for a piece of cardboard I think they're out of their minds.

It's an insanely cool image.  But it wasn't a particularly memorable show or anything.  Does anyone else think that's just insane that something printed a few weeks ago is more "valuable" than vintage memorabilia from the 80s?

Well, the market decides the value of an item.  I suppose it's worth whatever people are willing to pay for it.  I love the idea of having specific artwork for each show.  That's something Pearl Jam used to do and I always thought it was awesome.   But as much as I love the Kobe print (and Cincinnati as well) without the emotional connection of having been at that show it's not worth paying a premium to own the originals.

Good luck to the sellers though....if the end result is that somehow my Yokohama and Tokyo lithos become more valuable, then that's even better!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I'd love to own one, but if people are really paying over $1000 for a piece of cardboard I think they're out of their minds.

It's an insanely cool image.  But it wasn't a particularly memorable show or anything.  Does anyone else think that's just insane that something printed a few weeks ago is more "valuable" than vintage memorabilia from the 80s?

Well, the market decides the value of an item.  I suppose it's worth whatever people are willing to pay for it.  I love the idea of having specific artwork for each show.  That's something Pearl Jam used to do and I always thought it was awesome.   But as much as I love the Kobe print (and Cincinnati as well) without the emotional connection of having been at that show it's not worth paying a premium to own the originals.

Good luck to the sellers though....if the end result is that somehow my Yokohama and Tokyo lithos become more valuable, then that's even better!

More than $1000 - $1500!

And that's on Yahoo Auctions. Just imagine how much the first one that shows up Ebay will go for.

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Don't don't take the piss (they'll bite your head off).

Im not, i was being serious! :lol:  Never thought about it before thought it was some merchandise thing (which it is!), just idley clicked on it now.  How much do they set you back?

EDIT: The bloke above me just said a grand!  Christ Almighty, for a poster?!?  You must be off your fuckin' chump!!! 

Edited by Len Cnut

As for lithos being more valuable than vintage memorabilia? Well... I think it's apples and oranges. It's an unfair comparison.

Lithographs are the very epitome of a 'collectible' - they are DELIBERATELY limited. Vintage shirts or whatever from the 80s might be just as rare but that's only because of age. It's not because there was only ever 150 or 250 of those shirts ever made. The curmudgeon in us all can get angry at the idea of lithographs being limited and numbered but that's just how it is. If there was a limited edition numbered poster from when GnR played the Whiskey A Go Go in 1986, I'm 100% positive it would be worth a lot more than the Kobe litho.

Secondly, posters are more 'collectible'. You could start a collection of keychains or pencil cases but there has always been something appealing and 'collectible' about a playbill/poster/lithograph. You can frame it like a piece of artwork because it kinda is in both form and function.

25 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Shit man, people were selling Appetite For Destruction Tour Jackets for less than some of these lithos.  It's crazy.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Im not, i was being serious! :lol:  Never thought about it before thought it was some merchandise thing (which it is!), just idley clicked on it now.  How much do they set you back?

They were 2500 yen in Japan, which I guess is about $20

Not that it really changes the fact that it's a fancy poster, but they ARE made from thick paper stock. This isn't just like a poster you rip out of Kerrang, they're kinda a pain in the ass to roll up.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

ZoSoRose has sold a few of his organs to fund his lithograph addiction.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Shit man, people were selling Appetite For Destruction Tour Jackets for less than some of these lithos.  It's crazy.

Yup

But whether we like it or not, there's only 150 of these Kobe posters. I'm sure there were more than 150 Appetite for Destruction jackets made.

Actually - that reminds me of a question I wanted to ask.

Someone said the Kobe venue was the smallest venue on the entire NITL tour (8000 people) and that the 150 litho limit was the lowest of the NITL tour too. Can anybody confirm this? Or at least provide info to disprove it?