Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

It's nuttier than squirrel shit to think people would even consider paying a grand for a poster. Some are cool and everything, but I probably won't even be willing to pay 50 for one in London (I know I wasn't in New York), you could get a couple more gigs for 1000. Major props to some of you though, I admire it in a way.

3 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

They really phoned it in with the Australian lithos, imo

Finally some said it. You have the best collection of lithos now. I don't see European tour eclisping the Japanese tour in quality. 

17 minutes ago, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

It's nuttier than squirrel shit to think people would even consider paying a grand for a poster. Some are cool and everything, but I probably won't even be willing to pay 50 for one in London (I know I wasn't in New York), you could get a couple more gigs for 1000. Major props to some of you though, I admire it in a way.

It was the design of that particular litho and its scarcity they drove the price that high. And out of the 150 printed probably only a third or less made it to the secondary market, making it even scarcer. And the design was flawless. Probably the best so far. I wouldn't wipe my ass with these NZ/AUS ones. And you are correct, most are just kinda cool, nothing too special.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

9 hours ago, Andrew07 said:

just ordered the japan godzilla litho from ebay, only 165 for it, cant wait to get it and frame that shit on my wall 

The Godzilla litho is by far, the best of that particular "theme" - ie, the "one iconic character in front of a boring generic background" (godzilla, kiwi, the two mad max character designs).

I think I've said it before but I'm kinda shocked and disappointed that those generic designs are done by the same person that made the Kobe samurai and the Wellington Maori.

2 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

The Godzilla litho is by far, the best of that particular "theme" - ie, the "one iconic character in front of a boring generic background" (godzilla, kiwi, the two mad max character designs).

I think I've said it before but I'm kinda shocked and disappointed that those generic designs are done by the same person that made the Kobe samurai and the Wellington Maori.

I wasn't a fan of the Brisbane designs, but i think these Sydney ones are cool. I understand why people don't like them, but they are perfect for Aussies who grew up with or otherwise enjoyed the Mad Max films.

I reckon the Melbourne one might be Ned Kelly. Who knows for Adelaide and Perth.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

I had never heard of Arian Buhler until a few weeks ago but I gotta say, I reallly like what I'm seeing.  Great eye for composition and layout, really amazing line work, and also lots of different styles.  Versatile.  And they all have a genuine traditional "rock poster" feel to them.  I love the Japan ones the best, for sentimental reasons of course, but the Detroit one is fantastic with the car and the bullet.  Wellington Maori is awesome.  Jersey Devil is cool.

Cincinnati is a fucking masterpiece.  Everything about the image...the colors, the lines, the lettering....that's an all time classic rock poster.  I'd put it right up there with Frank Kozik's best stuff.

Edited by estrangedtwat

3 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I had never heard of Arian Buhler until a few weeks ago but I gotta say, I reallly like what I'm seeing.  Great eye for composition and layout, really amazing line work, and also lots of different styles.  Versatile.  And they all have a genuine traditional "rock poster" feel to them.  I love the Japan ones the best, for sentimental reasons of course, but the Detroit one is fantastic with the car and the bullet.  Wellington Maori is awesome.  Jersey Devil is cool.

Cincinnati is a fucking masterpiece.  Everything about the image...the colors, the lines, the lettering....that's an all time classic rock poster.  I'd put it right up there with Frank Kozik's best stuff.

I sent this post to Arian, and he thanks for the kind word, he also said it's nice that there are folks out there who dig his work, and that this made his day :D 

Edited by AslatIE

On 2/11/2017 at 9:53 AM, Stryker said:

My biggest complaint besides the endless skulls is that the GnR logo always sticks out like a sore thumb. IMO, it should be 'drawn' in, rather than a copy/paste job.

I mostly agree. I really like how he incorporated the logo in the Detroit litho, though

58 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

Is there anywhere I can see all of them in one spot? or most of them at least. Clicking through a million pages of this thread is really annoying.

Are you ripping on my thread bro? Just kidding, ill update the front post one day 

13 hours ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

Is there anywhere I can see all of them in one spot? or most of them at least. Clicking through a million pages of this thread is really annoying.

I saved decent clean jpgs of all the ones Arian designed from his instagram.

For the ones he didn't design, I tried to get them all from this thread or ebay auctions, but those aren't as good cause they're always warped, have shadows, etc.

I used my meager Windows Paint skills to try to clean them up, but they're not so great.

As far as I know, I have jpgs of all of them with maybe the exception of maybe some special ones in Coachella or Vegas.

I'll post them all here or in another thread, but I need to put them on an image hosting site first right?

27 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I saved decent clean jpgs of all the ones Arian designed from his instagram.

For the ones he didn't design, I tried to get them all from this thread or ebay auctions, but those aren't as good cause they're always warped, have shadows, etc.

I used my meager Windows Paint skills to try to clean them up, but they're not so great.

As far as I know, I have jpgs of all of them with maybe the exception of maybe some special ones in Coachella or Vegas.

I'll post them all here or in another thread, but I need to put them on an image hosting site first right?

I'll put em in the first post when you finish

Also, got my Japanese litho in today! Thanks, @Amir for sending it!

• Like 1

Took me an hour, but I'm finished.

I apologize for how shitty all of the non-Arian Buhler ones look, but there wasn't much out there to work with and I only used Paint to "fix" them.

Many thanks to everyone here whose pictures I stole!

If there is anything missing or better pics out there, please let me know and I'll edit the posts!