Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

10 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Its not just about selling something to someone else. Its the ridiculous price, that makes those sellers scum. 500$ for a fucking litho? Come one. And dont get started with the fucking free market again. He could very well sell them for, lets say, 100$. But he chooses not to, cause he is a greedy fuck without morals

If the print sells for $500 though, is it still too high of a price? or is it only too high of a price because you're not willing to pay it?

I actually just messaged someone on ebay who had a print listed at $500ish, and which didn't sell, to see if he would be willing to sell at a more reasonable cost. However, if i really really really want the print and he says $500 firm, then i have to decide if I want the print bad enough to pay that.

So again, it does boil down to supply and demand and no matter if you want to hear it or not, that's the bottom line - no ifs and or buts.

Edit - and sure, like you said, someone could sell something for $100 (which is still a 100% markup) but why should he if someone is willing to pay $500? So using your argument, should a Ferrari be sold for the same price as a Honda, even if the cost to manufacture the cars are the same?

Edited by Royalh13

3 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Its not just about selling something to someone else. Its the ridiculous price, that makes those sellers scum. 500$ for a fucking litho? Come one. And dont get started with the fucking free market again. He could very well sell them for, lets say, 100$. But he chooses not to, cause he is a greedy fuck without morals

Perhaps. But he has the right to charge whatever he wants.

If everybody felt the same way as you, then he wouldn't sell a single one and he'd drop his price. By the looks of it, he's pretty happy with charging $500. Is he screwing over the not-so-wealthy fans? Sure. I hate that he is but I wouldn't in a million years try to take away his right to be a prick about it. And let's face it - the average GnR fan is going to be hovering at their 40s now. He's not exactly fucking over 13 year old boys earning $3.75 an hour working the graveyard shift at IHOP to save up enough money to buy a copy of Kerrang. He's not fucking over parents who feel like they're obligated to pay $500 for a poster for their 10-year old's bedroom wall. Most people who want these lithos are grown adults who are mature enough to decide whether they value a litho or $500 cash more.

So I re-iterate: fix the system and perhaps it becomes less of a problem. NOTE: I say 'perhaps'..... because I'm pretty sure that in many situations a lack of supply would probably increase the price. There's only one Osaka litho on Ebay right now and it's going for $498 - I bet my litho collection if there were ten on Ebay instead, the price would be a lot less. So be careful what you wish for :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Royalh13 said:

If the print sells for $500 though, is it still too high of a price? or is it only too high of a price because you're not willing to pay it?

I actually just messaged someone on ebay who had a print listed at $500ish, and which didn't sell, to see if he would be willing to sell at a more reasonable cost. However, if i really really really want the print and he says $500 firm, then i have to decide if I want the print bad enough to pay that.

So again, it does boil down to supply and demand and no matter if you want to hear it or not, that's the bottom line - no ifs and or buts.

You talking about the Kobe that didn't sell? :o Or the Cincinnati or Nashville that also went unsold for ridiculous prices?

11 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Also, I got my Bangkok litho.

I should say it's loosely defined as a litho. The paper quality is pretty average and the size is tiny. The US lithos have this luxurious thick paper that is hard to roll, artsy paper that feels expensive. Same with most of the Japan lithos. But the Bangkok litho (and although I haven't received it yet, I assume the same will be said for the Singapore litho) uses a paper with a very plastic feel to it. Just feels really cheap in comparison to all the other lithos. And I haven't confirmed it but I'm pretty sure it's smaller than the Tokyo Dragon lithos. Will check later once it has flattened out.

The glow in the dark new orleans print feels like what you describe - not quite paper but not quite plastic - cheap feeling indeed. it also wrinkles very easily...

4 minutes ago, AussieHrvat said:

jeepers, make this another thread.

my inbox is filling up with all these angry threads.  all I want out of this thread are pictures of the posters from around the world. agree to disagree end of story.

regards

You can customize your notification settings and turn off certain types of notifications you don't want.

12 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I've been saying for a while 1 per customer on the lithos. Maybe 2 for trading. Fuck all you mother fuckers that are making a profit off it. 

I don't like what you have to say or the game you're playing. 

Unfortunately, facts and truths don't have to be liked, by you or anyone else, to still be facts and truths...

As I said, I'm not saying that i like the fact that the prints are so expensive on ebay, but i understand why they are and accept it for what it is - supply & demand.  

Same way I understand why ferraris are so expensive - limit supply, high manufacturing costs and high demand.

Whining about how ferrari is ripping people off because they are priced way outside of my reach, is just stupid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

We have different aspects to look at this subject. You see it from a corporate view, me from a moral one. So we wont get far with this discussion anyway. 

I agree that it's a dirtbag thing to do. I'm just saying that there's little we can do about it and I'm not entirely sure I would want to restrict one's freedom to do so even if I could.

Plus we're all guilty of it to a certain extent. Unless we're all trading one-for-one lithos all the time then we're all making a bit of a profit/gaining an advantage when we trade. For example, if I had a Tokyo Godzilla litho you wanted and you had a Cincinnati litho that I wanted, morality and ethics would dictate that a direct trade would be the most fair solution. But I'm pretty sure all of us would agree that the Cincinnati is far more 'valuable' and that it would be a significantly unfair trade. That's just how it is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

You talking about the Kobe that didn't sell? :o Or the Cincinnati or Nashville that also went unsold for ridiculous prices?

it's actually the April 1st Troubador print - the full size 18x24 one and not the 3 square ones.... it's the only US print not in my collection,  but $500 is out of my reach lol...

2 minutes ago, Royalh13 said:

it's actually the April 1st Troubador print - the full size 18x24 one and not the 3 square ones.... it's the only US print not in my collection,  but $500 is out of my reach lol...

Who is the ebay seller? What else does he have? Can you give me a link? I'm still chasing some earlier lithos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amaninjapan said:

I agree that it's a dirtbag thing to do. I'm just saying that there's little we can do about it and I'm not entirely sure I would want to restrict one's freedom to do so even if I could.

Plus we're all guilty of it to a certain extent. Unless we're all trading one-for-one lithos all the time then we're all making a bit of a profit/gaining an advantage when we trade. For example, if I had a Tokyo Godzilla litho you wanted and you had a Cincinnati litho that I wanted, morality and ethics would dictate that a direct trade would be the most fair solution. But I'm pretty sure all of us would agree that the Cincinnati is far more 'valuable' and that it would be a significantly unfair trade. That's just how it is.

what's funny is that i have that extra Nashville print, that has the little bit of damage, which I'm willing to trade to someone 1:1 for one of their prints from their country... maybe i should ask for a 2:1 trade.....

lol... just kidding, like i said, I'm not trying to take advantage of anyone...

2 minutes ago, Royalh13 said:

Unfortunately, facts and truths don't have to be liked, by you or anyone else, to still be facts and truths...

As I said, I'm not saying that i like the fact that the prints are so expensive on ebay, but i understand why they are and accept it for what it is - supply & demand.  

Same way I understand why ferraris are so expensive - limit supply, high manufacturing costs and high demand.

Whining about how ferrari is ripping people off because they are priced way outside of my reach, is just stupid.

The difference between a Ferrari and a GnR litho are this- a rich fuckerbuys a Ferrari and that's his life's achievement. He's not gonna resell it.

A GnR litho means a lot to some of us. It sucks when we get up there and they're gone, because some douchebag bought them to resell. You didn't draw it, you didn't perform, you didn't have more money than us in that line. You just didn't have a real fuckin job other than to fuck people.

Get a real job motherfucker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The difference between a Ferrari and a GnR litho are this- a rich fuckerbuys a Ferrari and that's his life's achievement. He's not gonna resell it.

A GnR litho means a lot to some of us. It sucks when we get up there and they're gone, because some douchebag bought them to resell. You didn't draw it, you didn't perform, you didn't have more money than us in that line. You just didn't have a real fuckin job other than to fuck people.

Get a real job motherfucker.

I hate to tell you this, but that is patently untrue. Ferraris are possibly the most resold exotic cars on the planet. You know what that the traditional Ferrari red with tan leather is called in the Ferrari community? "Resale Red on Tan" - simply because it's the combination of colors that holds its resale value the most and the combination that resells the quickest. I'm a Porsche guy but have dealt with the Ferrari resale community a lot.

But yes, I agree with you on the lithos. If a litho is going to sell for $500 then I would rather that $500 goes to the artist or the performer. That's life though.

Who is the ebay seller? What else does he have? Can you give me a link? I'm still chasing some earlier lithos.

he only had the 1 print to sell in the past and it didn't sell at $500 which is why i messaged him - i checked his past sales to see if he had ithers but he didnt.

The robert guy in venice cali seems to be able to get/or has a wide variety of prints. the 2 local guys i bought from only had prints from cali. That sammytamar or whatever his s/n is on ebay, has a wide variety also, but almosy all the prints i got from him were damaged and he didn't want to take care of it so i eneded up keeping everything he sent me - which is why i have those extra prints i listed as damaged. i would avoid him like the plague.

i figured out how to find other prints because i was messaging back and forth with a seller about how he got some of the rare.ones he had in his personal collection and he told me his "secret":

he basically did an ebay search for what he was looking for and changed the filters to show sold & completed items. he would then message every seller who had one of the prints he wanted and asked them 1 or 2 questions - if the print sold, he'd ask if they had any others they'd be willing to sell or know of where to get one and/or if it didn't sell, he'd ask if they still had it and if so, were they still willing to sell it (which is what i did).

these are the things inwpuld recommend for you to try...

3 minutes ago, Royalh13 said:

he only had the 1 print to sell in the past and it didn't sell at $500 which is why i messaged him - i checked his past sales to see if he had ithers but he didnt.

The robert guy in venice cali seems to be able to get/or has a wide variety of prints. the 2 local guys i bought from only had prints from cali. That sammytamar or whatever his s/n is on ebay, has a wide variety also, but almosy all the prints i got from him were damaged and he didn't want to take care of it so i eneded up keeping everything he sent me - which is why i have those extra prints i listed as damaged. i would avoid him like the plague.

i figured out how to find other prints because i was messaging back and forth with a seller about how he got some of the rare.ones he had in his personal collection and he told me his "secret":

he basically did an ebay search for what he was looking for and changed the filters to show sold & completed items. he would then message every seller who had one of the prints he wanted and asked them 1 or 2 questions - if the print sold, he'd ask if they had any others they'd be willing to sell or know of where to get one and/or if it didn't sell, he'd ask if they still had it and if so, were they still willing to sell it (which is what i did).

these are the things inwpuld recommend for you to try...

You won't tell me his username? I might be interested in the Trouabdour too :shrugs:

I hate to tell you this, but that is patently untrue. Ferraris are possibly the most resold exotic cars on the planet. You know what that the traditional Ferrari red with tan leather is called in the Ferrari community? "Resale Red on Tan" - simply because it's the combination of colors that holds its resale value the most and the combination that resells the quickest. I'm a Porsche guy but have dealt with the Ferrari resale community a lot.

But yes, I agree with you on the lithos. If a litho is going to sell for $500 then I would rather that $500 goes to the artist or the performer. That's life though.

exactly - and, iirc, this is why the people who were able to "buy" one of the Enzo F40's when they were first released had to sign a contract that prohibited them from reselling the car, if i remember the story correctly... which kind of doesn't make sense cuz now that i think about it, i thought I read that you didn't actually "own" the F40 - Ferrari still owned it and gave you the right to say you were the owner...lol or maybe I'm mixing up models and stories...

3 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Whatever dude. Like I know anything about a Ferrari or a Porsche. I thought you were just someone who appreciated the designs of this tour, but I guess you're another shyster, so fuck you.

If I see anyone buying more than 2 lithos at a summer US show, I'm gonna spill beer on them if I possibly can. Small gesture, but I'll do what I can.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

@Royalh13 I can't see the Troubadour listing on Ebay that you're talking about - I checked under old "unsold listings" and can't find it

will pm you the link..  this was in my Watched Items list, so it may be too old a posting to still show up in the completed listings search...

just don't offer him $500! lol

1 minute ago, Royalh13 said:

exactly - and, iirc, this is why the people who were able to "buy" one of the Enzo F40's when they were first released had to sign a contract that prohibited them from reselling the car, if i remember the story correctly... which kind of doesn't make sense cuz now that i think about it, i thought I read that you didn't actually "own" the F40 - Ferrari still owned it and gave you the right to say you were the owner...lol or maybe I'm mixing up models and stories...

I think the Enzo had a resell clause and was only offered via an invitation-only process. You had to have owned an F40 or F50 or otherwise had been a prominent customer to have been offered the opportunity to own one. The FXX was one of those "use it but don't really own it" models - which I think is craaaaazy but Ferrari guys are a bit whacko!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I think the Enzo had a resell clause and was only offered via an invitation-only process. You had to have owned an F40 or F50 or otherwise had been a prominent customer to have been offered the opportunity to own one. The FXX was one of those "use it but don't really own it" models - which I think is craaaaazy but Ferrari guys are a bit whacko!

that sounds right... Ferraris are way outta my league (since as someone mentioned, i don't have a "real" job lol).

I'm more of a Nissan GTR guy  (irony - The Godzilla car) lol

16 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Whatever dude. Like I know anything about a Ferrari or a Porsche. I thought you were just someone who appreciated the designs of this tour, but I guess you're another shyster, so fuck you.

If I see anyone buying more than 2 lithos at a summer US show, I'm gonna spill beer on them if I possibly can. Small gesture, but I'll do what I can.

LOL!

Watch out, the name calling has begun!

65656797.jpg