Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Can we drop this conversation? There really is no point in keeping it going. You cannot shame someone who only cares about filling their pockets into changing their ways. It will not happen. You will only give yourself a head ache because they don't care. All they care about is themselves. You might as well beat your head against a brick wall. About the only thing you could do is not buy the marked up loot and contact who GNR management and hope they make changes in their policies.

4 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

But

4 hours ago, Royalh13 said:

he only had the 1 print to sell in the past and it didn't sell at $500 which is why i messaged him - i checked his past sales to see if he had ithers but he didnt.

The robert guy in venice cali seems to be able to get/or has a wide variety of prints. the 2 local guys i bought from only had prints from cali. That sammytamar or whatever his s/n is on ebay, has a wide variety also, but almosy all the prints i got from him were damaged and he didn't want to take care of it so i eneded up keeping everything he sent me - which is why i have those extra prints i listed as damaged. i would avoid him like the plague.

i figured out how to find other prints because i was messaging back and forth with a seller about how he got some of the rare.ones he had in his personal collection and he told me his "secret":

he basically did an ebay search for what he was looking for and changed the filters to show sold & completed items. he would then message every seller who had one of the prints he wanted and asked them 1 or 2 questions - if the print sold, he'd ask if they had any others they'd be willing to sell or know of where to get one and/or if it didn't sell, he'd ask if they still had it and if so, were they still willing to sell it (which is what i did).

these are the things inwpuld recommend for you to try...

I can also confirm that the sammytamar seller on eBay is a crook! All his posters are damaged. He sends them in a damaged tube to make it look like it was the post office's fault. Unfortunately, eBay doesn't seem too interested in stopping this guy. Apparently this has happened to quite a few people. 

Here's the thing with all of these ridiculous prices, I have three spare lithograpgs from Australia, if I sell them at face value to another person they might re-sell them anyway. im only looking for trades anyway, seems that the dude who was supposed to trade my Brisbane ones has sourced them elsewhere anyway.... Maybe I'll throw them on eBay for $200 each, not that I want to... But not sure about trades now...

Edited by megaguns1982

11 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Here's the thing with all of these ridiculous prices, I have three spare lithograpgs from Australia, if I sell them at face value to another person they might re-sell them anyway. im only looking for trades anyway, seems that the dude who was supposed to trade my Brisbane ones has sourced them elsewhere anyway.... Maybe I'll throw them on eBay for $200 each, not that I want to... But not sure about trades now...

You can buy the Australia one direct for $40

image.jpgupload a gif

iiu.jpgfree image hosting

image.jpgimage upload no limit

Edited by Gibbo

48 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

You can buy the Australia one direct for $40

Well you can buy them now but in three months time when litho hunting season opens again, I'm sure people will be looking on Ebay for them - even the shitty ones. Also hasn't prevented some scummy Australian Ebayers from already doing it. You just KNOW they purchased them from the same website we did and are selling them to people who don't know any better. If they did this AFTER that website stopped selling them, then whatever. But selling them for $150 on Ebay while they're still for sale directly from the merch store for face value? I think that's top shelf dirtbag material right there.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Nicdecaypri said:

Guys! Found out who designed the wellington Kiwi, Singapore and Thai elephant!

You can check it out here! There's an alternate design for the thai elephant too!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/weirdartpdx/photos/ 

you want to show us the photos? your link doesn't work and I don't have a facebook account anyway...

On 11/03/2017 at 6:42 PM, Royalh13 said:

lol so the car you probably drive - made by other people and priced at current demand prices - it was immoral for the dealership to make a profit off of the car because you were a fan of it and that's why you bought it?

c'mon people - if the prints didn't sell to GnR fans for the prices they sell at, the lack of demand would drive the prices down like they have for other less popular GnR prints...and after all, who besides a GnR fan would be paying these prices for some of the rarer prints?

it's called supply and demand. the foundation of every open market. don't like the prices? don't buy. if enough people do this, the demand goes down and that drives the prices down. 

sitting there and getting butt hurt because someone who has a business of selling lithographs is asking as much as they think they can get for a print, is ignorant and childish. 

just because you can't afford the asking price, or don't want to pay it, doesn't make the seller immoral.

suggesting that the seller is sitting there thinking to himself, "I wonder how much i can rip off GnR fans for" is idiotic - the sellers don't care who buys the prints, they only care that they sell them. so you thinking that the sellers are "targeting" GnR fans is ignorant. 

Why you should be told to fuck off for this perfectly reasonable and logical post is beyond me.

7 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Why you should be told to fuck off for this perfectly reasonable and logical post is beyond me.

Because although the premise of his argument was sound, it went off the rails when he started comparing apples to oranges.

If a gas station owner wants to start selling his gas for $5 a gallon when the two gas stations across the street are selling gas for $2 a gallon, then that's fine. That's your "supply and demand" argument in a nutshell. Gas station owner hikes his gas to $100 a gallon six hours after the second plane hit the world trade center? That's immoral.

Buying a couple lithos for cost price and selling them to people who physically couldn't be at the venue for a reasonable profit? Nobody's really arguing against that because you've at least put in some time and effort. you lined up for a few hours and maybe braved the elements (hot as balls or raining cats and dogs) and you buy a few lithos. But when the person next to you puts in the exact same time and effort and they buy say, 30 lithos instead of 2 lithos, then there's less sympathy to go around. Regardless of whether you're willing to admit it, there is a difference between the two people.

If I had to choose between who to buy from, I'm gonna buy from the former and not the latter. Additionally, if I'm going to sell/trade then I want to sell/trade with a fan, not a reseller. I've been fortunate enough to be able to choose who I trade/sell my lithos with. Remember someone in this forum sold a spare litho to someone in good faith because they said 'their friend really wanted one' and then saw that exact same litho on Ebay for sale for like ten times the price? Yeah, fuck that. I've had several resellers make me reasonable offers for some lithos and I've refused because I'd rather trade or sell to a fan and I think there's many people just like me on this forum. A few members here have sold a litho to me for cost price when he could easily have sold it on Ebay for 5-10 times what they paid for it. At one stage I had many spare Osaka lithos and now they're going for hundreds and hundreds of dollars - and yet I don't regret trading them at all because I know they all went to good homes and not into some Ebay auction.

I feel like this argument has run its course and my interest in it is vastly out of proportion to how long I've spent talking about it. Let's just all agree to disagree.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Because although the premise of his argument was sound, it went off the rails when he started comparing apples to oranges.

If a gas station owner wants to start selling his gas for $5 a gallon when the two gas stations across the street are selling gas for $2 a gallon, then that's fine. That's your "supply and demand" argument in a nutshell. Gas station owner hikes his gas to $100 a gallon six hours after the second plane hit the world trade center? That's immoral.

Buying a couple lithos for cost price and selling them to people who physically couldn't be at the venue for a reasonable profit? Nobody's really arguing against that because you've at least put in some time and effort. you lined up for a few hours and maybe braved the elements (hot as balls or raining cats and dogs) and you buy a few lithos. But when the person next to you puts in the exact same time and effort and they buy say, 30 lithos instead of 2 lithos, then there's less sympathy to go around. Regardless of whether you're willing to admit it, there is a difference between the two people.

If I had to choose between who to buy from, I'm gonna buy from the former and not the latter. Additionally, if I'm going to sell/trade then I want to sell/trade with a fan, not a reseller. I've been fortunate enough to be able to choose who I trade/sell my lithos with. Remember someone in this forum sold a spare litho to someone in good faith because they said 'their friend really wanted one' and then saw that exact same litho on Ebay for sale for like ten times the price? Yeah, fuck that. I've had several resellers make me reasonable offers for some lithos and I've refused because I'd rather trade or sell to a fan and I think there's many people just like me on this forum. A few members here have sold a litho to me for cost price when he could easily have sold it on Ebay for 5-10 times what they paid for it. At one stage I had many spare Osaka lithos and now they're going for hundreds and hundreds of dollars - and yet I don't regret trading them at all because I know they all went to good homes and not into some Ebay auction.

I feel like this argument has run its course and my interest in it is vastly out of proportion to how long I've spent talking about it. Let's just all agree to disagree.

I won't get into this too much because I do get why people are upset and it is certainly shitty for someone to scoop up a bunch of lithos so fans have no choice to go to the secondary market. Same goes for concert tickets.

but there is no such thing as a fair profit in private business. The guy has found a gap in the market that seems to make him money and the prices seem to reflect the demand. 

But, yeah, I get it. Really. And I think the other poster does too, he just seems to disagree with some of the comments regarding the legitmacy of reselling, which in this case, at worst, is a dick move, but the business world works this way. A limit should be put in place at shows if at all practical, but if someone wants to buy a litho from a show they weren't at the price should be whatever the market decides it is, if you weren't there not sure anyone should have a say in the cost other than the person selling and the person buying.

Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

I won't get into this too much because I do get why people are upset and it is certainly shitty for someone to scoop up a bunch of lithos so fans have no choice to go to the secondary market. Same goes for concert tickets.

but there is no such thing as a fair profit in private business. The guy has found a gap in the market that seems to make him money and the prices seem to reflect the demand. 

But, yeah, I get it. Really. And I think the other poster does too, he just seems to disagree with some of the comments regarding the legitmacy of reselling, which in this case, at worst, is a dick move, but the business world works this way. A limit should be put in place at shows if at all practical, but if someone wants to buy a litho from a show they weren't at the price should be whatever the market decides it is, if you weren't there not sure anyone should have a say in the cost other than the person selling and the person buying.

I think I'm lucky that the concert ticket resale bullshit is a far bigger problem in the US than it is in Japan. The original ticket sellers here in Japan do a pretty good job of making sure people buy the tickets directly instead of bots or resellers. Of course, some dribble out onto the aftersale market but it's not a dedicated effort - just a handful of people who want to try to make a profit because they were lucky enough to win the ticket lottery. More power to them, for sure.

As for your "no fair profit in private business" - I think that's the argument here - people are upset/disappointed that there's people making an actual business from this. Again, if you're just an individual who grabbed a few lithos when you went to the concert, then rock on. But if you're buying 30 at every concert in town and using it as your main source of income, that's pretty scummy.

Pplacing an individual limit at the merch tents would be a fucking amazing idea. I saw another idea work well at some concerts in Japan: The ticket itself has a 'merch stub' - The right side was perforated so that ushers had a section they could tear off on entry, but the left side of the ticket was perforated too, which the merch store would rip off when you were buying something. Each merch stub allowed you to choose three items. Of course, this doesn't prevent someone from collecting a bunch of merch stubs from other people, but it does make it a lot more difficult to buy in bulk, which I think is a step in the right direction.

And I don't think people want a say in the cost of an item, I think people just want to voice their opinion. Should I be able to place a vote as to whether x litho on Ebay should be selling for $300 or $500? No. Should I be able to wish that the dude selling Aussie lithos for $500 falls into a vat of cat urine? Absolutely.