Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

14 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Well yeah, sorry that's what I meant by pro rata even though thats not the correct usage of pro rata. But depending on the cost of shipping, I would probably send it back. I would rather be down 20 dollars with no litho than say 200 dollars with a litho that I can't stand looking at.

In fact, that's what I did a few years ago with some sports memorabilia. I'd been searching for a championship medal for my favorite sports team. They are rare but occasionally legit ones do turn up. One guy was advertising several replica jerseys in a display case with a championship medal included. Definitely priced as if it was the real thing and although the photos in the auction focused on the jersey rather than the medal, his description was that the medal was "as received by the players on that special night". I don't know about anybody else but to me that sounds genuine rather than replica. So I bought it and within 1 second of looking at it, I could tell it was a seriously cheap copy.

So I complained and he insisted that his auction doesn't claim it's genuine. If it hadn't been so expensive I would have kept it just so as I could leave a warning to others in the form of negative feedback. But I paid for shipping back to the scumbag and got 95% of my money back. Still pisses me off today but the shitty medal was worthless and $1000+ bucks was too expensive a price to pay to teach that dick a lesson.

Yeah I just decided to keep it because even though it is damaged, I still feel like it's better than nothing. It was from the DC show and I haven't  seen too many of them available. Most of the ones I saw came from the same crook on eBay. DC was the only show that I saw last year that I didn't get a litho for. All the other lithos, I was able to get at the the shows. 

Get yourself an Itoya Art Profolio (that is not a typo, it's actually called a Profolio).

They come in 18x24 size and are perfect for storing multiple lithos, especially if you're holding something for trade and not planning on framing. Or if you haven't decided on your preferred frame design. Or if you have limited space and only have the ability to frame a few lithos (and rotate them every month or so like a friend of mine).

58 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Get yourself an Itoya Art Profolio (that is not a typo, it's actually called a Profolio).

They come in 18x24 size and are perfect for storing multiple lithos, especially if you're holding something for trade and not planning on framing. Or if you haven't decided on your preferred frame design. Or if you have limited space and only have the ability to frame a few lithos (and rotate them every month or so like a friend of mine).

Those Profolio's look great for storing the spares.

What frames are everyone using? Just generic ones off Ebay, Amazon etc?

Or professionally framed?

Need to get some, but they are hard to find in Australia

I tried a couple of frame designs but so far not 100% happy with anything yet. Some lithos look better with a matboard but that almost makes it a custom job which gets frustratingly expensive. Not to mention it robs you of wallspace. There being multiple sizes instead of them all being 18x24 fucking suuucks too.

22 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I tried a couple of frame designs but so far not 100% happy with anything yet. Some lithos look better with a matboard but that almost makes it a custom job which gets frustratingly expensive. Not to mention it robs you of wallspace. There being multiple sizes instead of them all being 18x24 fucking suuucks too.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

39 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

That is fucking unreal that someone would send that like that.

His response points, in order, when I requested a return:

1 - "Sorry I don't accept returns. My auction states I don't accept returns."

2 - "I am not responsible for the item after shipping. My auction states I am not responsible for the item after shipping. I can't watch your package all the way until it arrives at your house."

3 - "I bought a tube for it but the litho is quite hard to roll so I couldn't fit it in the tube. I had no other option."

4 - "You should try flattening it and spraying the creases with water and ironing it!"

Needless to say, it is being returned to the dumbass first thing tomorrow morning for a full refund. It's a low-volume but not a super expensive litho, so it could've been worse... but part of me is sad to know a good litho that could have found a very nice home on the wall of a GnR fan somewhere met an untimely death due to some mongoloid having a brain fart.

• Like 1

It's just dumb. If I'm a seller, I message the buyer and say "look, shipping is gonna be an extra $20 to do it right."

it even gives the seller an extra opportunity to price gouge. Instead they will be forced with a return and/or a poor review.

10 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Wtf is that one 

Do you like it?

11 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

His response points, in order, when I requested a return:

1 - "Sorry I don't accept returns. My auction states I don't accept returns."

2 - "I am not responsible for the item after shipping. My auction states I am not responsible for the item after shipping. I can't watch your package all the way until it arrives at your house."

3 - "I bought a tube for it but the litho is quite hard to roll so I couldn't fit it in the tube. I had no other option."

4 - "You should try flattening it and spraying the creases with water and ironing it!"

Needless to say, it is being returned to the dumbass first thing tomorrow morning for a full refund. It's a low-volume but not a super expensive litho, so it could've been worse... but part of me is sad to know a good litho that could have found a very nice home on the wall of a GnR fan somewhere met an untimely death due to some mongoloid having a brain fart.

What litho was it?