Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

2 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

What did you have to trade for that guy?

No trade, just cash! I won't say how much but I assure you it is one of the cheapest lithos in my collection!

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Are your lithos in a book?

At the moment, yes. It's in the Profolio I recommend in this thread earlier

You know what may be a fun idea? If we listed the individual lithos and next to it we put down what we think the dollar value of each litho should be. Obviously we will a have slightly different numbers but no one would argue that the Tokyo Godzilla is worth more then the Kobe Samuari.

If this was something other people would want to do im not sure if it should have a different thread. Could be really cool to see what some of the other collector's value the most. 

Maybe just start with the North America ones and see how it goes?

West Hollywood "I Was There"

Coachella "AFD middle finger"

Vegas "double guns-double guns"

Vegas  "grim reaper Vegas strip"

Detroit "muscle car"

Washington DC "gnr dollar bill"

Kansas City "butcher chart"

Chicago "Tommy gun"

Chicago  "old school gangster"

Cincinnati "skeleton astronaut"

Nashville "hatch print"

Pittsburgh "molten steel logo"

Philadelphia "founding fathers"

Toronto "maple leaf"

Foxboro  "revolutionary part 1"

Foxboro "revolutionary part 2"

NY/NJ  "GNR neon lightning logo"

NY/NJ  "GNR Jersey Devil"

Atlanta "walking dead"

Orlando "gator"

New Orleans "glow in the dark skull"

Arlington "football player"

Houston "rocket ship"

San Francisco "dirty harry"

Seattle "GNR Sonics logo"

Glendale "GNR desert"

Los Angeles "skeleton skater"

Los Angeles "skeleton bmx"

San Diego "skeleton surfer"

San Diego "rocket queen mermaid"

Edited by uzi your illusion

Honestly dude they are worth what someone will pay for them on the day you want to sell.  They sell for pretty wide ranges so I'm not sure I see the point in this, they are worth more to people on this forum than casual fans, etc.  Also, the skeleton surfer is San Diego, not LA.

In all seriousness though, each of us putting a personal value on each one would be purely speculation and bordering on masturbatory. I've seen the same litho go for $80 one week and $300 the next. And I've seen the coveted Kobe go for anywhere between $500 to $1500, so dwelling on hypotheticals would just be fetishism at this point.

If you want, maybe make a list of your top five favorite lithos? Or underrated lithos?

Personally for me, I think Wellington Maori, Philadelphia and Perth Bunyip are underrated. The Wellington Maori being smaller than usual doesn't help but the design is freakin' amazing. Maybe a lot of people don't get the reference because they don't know it's Maori? I don't know. Philadelphia has a serious kickass punk rock feel to it. Looks like the next Sex Pistols double live album cover. And Bunyip has some nice subtle details like the skulls in the slime/mud. The colors are awful but they do remind me of those cheap comics I used to buy in the 80s. You know the ones, the ones that always had the ads in the back where you could buy seahorse farms and x-ray specs and stuff. They were always printed on shitty paper and the ink was never the right color. Sometimes Superman would be slightly magenta and cyan instead of red and blue. Bunyip is kinda like that for me. Plus I definitely think not too many people know what a Bunyip is. It's a mythical creature that people around Perth see, similar to the concept of the Jersey Devil.

As for what we all think the lithos are worth, I agree with ManinJapan...they're worth whatever anyone is willing to pay and it'd be a waste of time to attempt to determine the "right" answers.

For me personally, I'm not that interested in owning any of the ones I didn't go to, with the exception of the big ones, Cinci and Kobe.  And even then, I'd only buy them if I got an amazing deal well below market value, like $100 or something. 

I know that's not gonna happen, so I'll just enjoy my jpegs collection for now.  It would be cool if they released these as regular mass market posters too, but I doubt they would.  That would really ruin the whole point of selling them at the shows.

I'm not against people selling quality reprints though, as long as they are clearly labeled as reprints.

I mentioned a while back but I'll say again: what I think would be amazing would be an awesome oversized hardcover book with ALL the lithos as full page images.   I'd pay $50-100 for that easily!

I have no problem if they were reissued as reprints. If instead of handwritten numbers like 135/250 or whatever, they were stamped 9801/10000 I would have no problems. Shit, if they did that I would probably sell all my lithos asap and buy the cheaper easier-to-buy versions haha.

Well I think if they just printed them on poster paper instead of the cardstock, they wouldn't even have to number them cause we'd all know they're reprints just cause of the materials used.

But again, outside of the handful of us that already are really into these, there's probably no market.  The band's management would likely consider it a waste of time and money.

Our hope would lie with the bootleggers of the world, and they aren't exactly scrupulous people.  Fooling buyers for max profits are their motivation, not providing a cool cheap alternative to the real thing.

On 01/04/2017 at 4:24 AM, uzi your illusion said:

I have 

Kansas City 

Pittsburgh 

Vegas night 2 

New Orleans 

New York night 1

New York night 2

Atlanta

San Francisco 

Wellington

Tokyo 'zilla

Hi there is the New Orleans still for sale 

I got my Cincinnati framed and got a picture but having an issue posting it here for some reason. Here is the link. 

http://i.picresize.com/UqxH

Really cool blues and reds now that the light is hitting it that weren't super visible at first glance.

Edited by uzi your illusion
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

AmaninJapan, I see in your signature that you're looking for the April fools litho. What are you valuing that one at in terms of a trade or sale?

That's hard to answer because I want April Fools for a different reason than why I want any other lithograph on the tour. Let's be honest April Fools is hardly a great design. It's pretty shitty, to be honest. I know it's meant to look like an old playbill so it's not supposed to stand out but still. I'm collecting other lithos almost solely based on design. Plus it's not even close to the rarest on the tour. There's four times as many April Fools as there is the Adelaide Shark design. Almost three times as many as there are Kobe Samurais.

But it might be the most important or significant litho on the tour. There's a reason why they slapped "I Was There" on it. I think it might be the litho that will increase the most in value over time.