Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

34 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

I offered $1,000 to the guy who posted Kobe on eBay and he counter offered me at $1,999. I don't want any lithograph that fucking bad. This guy will never get two grand for that.

Wow that's really obnoxious.  Makes me think he doesn't actually want to sell it.

15 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

Wow that's really obnoxious.  Makes me think he doesn't actually want to sell it.

That's exactly what I thought. I kind of felt with that response i wouldn't want to give a guy like that any money at all. I am fairly desperate to get that Kobe but not at that price.

34 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Really? My email says it sold for $2,000 and it says it sold for $1,000 more then my best offer.

Yeah, you have to click the sold listings button to see it, its got the $2k crossed off and says best offer accepted when you do it.  

3 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

Yeah, you have to click the sold listings button to see it, its got the $2k crossed off and says best offer accepted when you do it.  

Thanks for the tip. 

Amaninjapan had a cool line earlier where he said he thought Yokohama was a "sleeper".

Does anyone else have any specific lithos that they think don't get enough love and have the potential to increase in value?  April Fools has been another one recently discussed that may fall in that category.

1 hour ago, uzi your illusion said:

Just got an e-mail saying that Kobe sold for $2000! I have a working theory that the guy bought it himself just to make the perceived value that much higher because he had other copies he's trying to unload.

"Best Offer" was accepted, but you can never tell exactly what that offer was because eBay won't tell you. You can usually get a good idea what it sold for by searching for "Guns N Roses Lithograph" and selecting "sold" listings and then ffilter for "Price + Shipping Highest First". It will list all the prices descending by what it sold for as opposed to the original "Buy It Now" asking price.

Unfortunately the only thing you can tell about this one is that it sold for more than $495.00 and less than $2000.00 as that was the second most expensive poster that sold recently. Incidentally, the second most expensive poster sold recently just happened to be the Kobe "Not" Lithograph (that claimed display booth sample). If you look at the seller of that particular item, then you will see it is the same exact seller (Dallas-911).

You just might just be correct that he has other copies that he is going to try and unload. Whether or not he is pulling some shenanigans by buying it himself or using a shill to drive up the perceived value is open for debate.

Me personally, I'm not overly concerned about the value or where certain lithos are heading.  If I like it, I try to get it for my personal enjoyment and like to trade with others doing the same thing.  So from that perspective, I think Osaka is extremely underrated since no one talks about it, but its a killer litho.  I also love Atlanta but most don't and that's cool. 

4 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Really? My email says it sold for $2,000 and it says it sold for $1,000 more then my best offer.

4 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

Yup - what liqddynamite says

Just like with your autographed Cincinnati purchase, it says "Best Offer Accepted" so I assume he got a decent offer on it but not $2k. Then again I'm of the firm belief that the seller wasn't expecting to get $2k for it - nobody enables "Make an Offer" on an auction and sets the Buy It Now price as the price they want. You make it higher than you want and negotiate a Best Offer closer to your preferred amount. If you offered $1000 and Buy It Now was $2k, I'm guessing it sold somewhere in between.

4 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Thanks for the tip. 

Amaninjapan had a cool line earlier where he said he thought Yokohama was a "sleeper".

Does anyone else have any specific lithos that they think don't get enough love and have the potential to increase in value?  April Fools has been another one recently discussed that may fall in that category.

Yokohama, Osaka, Wellington Maori, Melbourne Tasmanian Tiger... they are ALL seriously underrated in my opinion. I have no idea why Wellington Maori doesn't get any love. It's fucking beautiful.

3 hours ago, Dacatzass said:

"Best Offer" was accepted, but you can never tell exactly what that offer was because eBay won't tell you. You can usually get a good idea what it sold for by searching for "Guns N Roses Lithograph" and selecting "sold" listings and then ffilter for "Price + Shipping Highest First". It will list all the prices descending by what it sold for as opposed to the original "Buy It Now" asking price.

Unfortunately the only thing you can tell about this one is that it sold for more than $495.00 and less than $2000.00 as that was the second most expensive poster that sold recently. Incidentally, the second most expensive poster sold recently just happened to be the Kobe "Not" Lithograph (that claimed display booth sample). If you look at the seller of that particular item, then you will see it is the same exact seller (Dallas-911).

You just might just be correct that he has other copies that he is going to try and unload. Whether or not he is pulling some shenanigans by buying it himself or using a shill to drive up the perceived value is open for debate.

Uzi your illusion said he offered $1000 and the seller declined. So unless the seller is willing to refuse a genuine offer of $1000 to help promote the idea that it sold for more, I think we can safely accept it sold between $1000 and $2k. Of course, it could technically have sold for 1 cent, but are you really going to turn down $1000 just to help perpetuate the possibility it sold for a lot more? After all, not everyone has the same information that we have. We on this forum know uzi your illusion offered $1000 so can assume it sold for more than $1000 but nobody else knows that. Anybody else that uses Ebay can only deduce that it sold between 1 cent and $2k so the seller declining uzi's offer does nothing to 'improve' the value of the litho in the eyes of the general public.

I've said it a few times that several Kobe lithos sold on Yahoo Auctions for $1500 so to me, it's a natural benchmark. A ridiculous benchmark but that's 'roughly' what I expect sellers might be expecting. I'm kinda kicking myself for not bidding the first time that same seller put it up for $500 and nobody bid. I bet that's never going to happen again :lol:

3 hours ago, Dacatzass said:

I went to the Kobe venue and I can at least vouch that there was a single "display booth sample" but it was inside the tent. I have no memory of whether it looked like what was in that Ebay auction. I went to the Osaka concert and each merch tent had multiple signs up on top of the tent and on the sides showing merch and display pictures but Kobe definitely didn't have that. It was snowy and windy as all hell so the seller's story that there were display booth samples that were 'unused'... I guess it generally makes sense :shrugs: Personally, I don't give much of a shit about display booth samples, especially for $400+.

3 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Uzi your illusion said he offered $1000 and the seller declined. So unless the seller is willing to refuse a genuine offer of $1000 to help promote the idea that it sold for more, I think we can safely accept it sold between $1000 and $2k. Of course, it could technically have sold for 1 cent, but are you really going to turn down $1000 just to help perpetuate the possibility it sold for a lot more? After all, not everyone has the same information that we have. We on this forum know uzi your illusion offered $1000 so can assume it sold for more than $1000 but nobody else knows that. Anybody else that uses Ebay can only deduce that it sold between 1 cent and $2k so the seller declining uzi's offer does nothing to 'improve' the value of the litho in the eyes of the general public.

I've said it a few times that several Kobe lithos sold on Yahoo Auctions for $1500 so to me, it's a natural benchmark. A ridiculous benchmark but that's 'roughly' what I expect sellers might be expecting. I'm kinda kicking myself for not bidding the first time that same seller put it up for $500 and nobody bid. I bet that's never going to happen again :lol:

Don't you still have Kobe lithos for sale? Couldn't Uzi just purchase one from you?

11 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Don't you still have Kobe lithos for sale? Couldn't Uzi just purchase one from you?

To quote what I said to him a few weeks ago - Not selling at the moment because "honestly right now, they're worth more to me in trade potential. I am still searching for the super-rare Troubadour litho and there's still like, 40 shows left and I'm sure there will be a couple of new lithos I will want. Just in case one of them is super hard to find, I'm keeping hold of the Kobes to use as a potential dealmaker."

I'm not big on selling lithos... I would much rather trade and apart from Troubadour/April Fools, there's nothing for me to trade for (yet).

1 minute ago, The Holographic Universe said:

No, I follow you. I'm stating that 500$ isn't a bargain for the Kobe litho when one didn't sell for 500$ on eBay. 

So you must think uzi your illusion is an idiot for offering $1000?

If you had bought that one on Ebay for $500, you'd be $500 richer right now instantly because uzi your illusion would have bought it from you. Making 100% profit by flipping something in less than a month sounds like a bargain to me. Just because you personally wouldn't pay $500 for it doesn't mean it's not a bargain. I think we can demonstrate quite easily that many people think $500 is a price they would pay.

The only reason I didn't bid  the $500 when that one showed up on EBay was because it seemed to good to be true. The same guy had just posted a Kobe poster that wasn't a litho but just a promotional poster and I was concerned it may be another one of those just mislabeled and the seller didn't take returns. I even posted on this thread at the time "anyone curious as to why no one bid on this kobe?". I am kicking myself on a daily basis for not pulling the trigger on it then.