Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

3 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Pearl Jam is still the king as far as I'm concerned.  Ames Bros for the win.

Totally agree although Ames can put the odd clanger. Their Ames Bros 1996 poster for Ireland was in my opinion the best ever. Their Yeild tour posters are worth a fortune along with some of their recent posters, NYC Kong, Pittsburgh Munk One, Wrigley Cracker Jack to name a few. Steve Thomas did a very cool one for their Boston show.

Interesting. But i dont know how they would get ahold of shirts beforehand 

seller claims that these are real though. Design is not the best though

the back is pretty ugly

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GNR-Guns-N-Roses-T-Shirt-GERMANY-Concert-Tour-2017-Not-In-This-Lifetime-Tshirt-/291931004703?var=&hash=item43f8719f1f:m:mr74DOJC03XqqXQSknn_DwQ

Edited by xBrownstonex

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

Interesting. But i dont know how they would get ahold of shirts beforehand 

seller claims that these are real though. Design is not the best though

the back is pretty ugly

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GNR-Guns-N-Roses-T-Shirt-GERMANY-Concert-Tour-2017-Not-In-This-Lifetime-Tshirt-/291931004703?var=&hash=item43f8719f1f:m:mr74DOJC03XqqXQSknn_DwQ

Its from Hong Kong, its not legit, no matter what the description says.

11 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

It has a Gildan tag. I thought all legit GNR shirts just had the Guns N' Roses word logo there and no manufacturer tag.

Just checked, youre right. All my shirts from last year have the gnr logo writen.  No tag

Edited by xBrownstonex

From my experience, the GNR shirts for Not in This Lifetime tour have various tags.  For North America tour, I found only GNR logo print with no Gildan tag on the original shirt.  For Australia and Thailand tours, only Gildan tag and no GNR print.  For Japan tour, most of them have GNR logo print with "Made in Japan" print on it as well.  But some of Japan tour shirts have gildan tag with no GNR print and Made in Japan on it.  However, only because of the shirt has gildan tag, it does not mean it will always be original or fake.  I found that some Thai sellers sell fake GNR Not in this Lifetime shirts (Australia and Thailand tours) by using authentic gildan shirt.  The same guy also sell some of the GNR japan tour shirt with fake GNR print and fake "Made in Japan" stamp on it as well.  However, the screen itself look so obvious that it is fake.  So no matter how good the fake is, the screen may look alike the original one but the color and the proportion of the screen still look off and you can easily tell that it is fake especially when you already have the original one.

Also, for people who are hunting for GNR Thailand tour shirt (Demon and Elephant) on Yahoo Auction Japan, please be careful.  I saw a seller (username is garyroses777) posted the fake Thailand tour shirts on the yahoo auction in the following links.  So if you are currently bidding on these items, they are fake.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x487319438

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x487715764

So if you are hunting for GNR shirt on Ebay or Yahoo Auction or wherever, try to get as many clear photos of the shirt itself from the seller and you may post the photo or link here.  I will try help you check it if I can.  Or if the price is too low and the seller has bad rating or is from south east asia or Hong Kong or China, it has a big chance that it might be fake.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Tokyo Godzilla print maybe being fake? So many have appeared on eBay and it's usually the same picture posted. 

You mean the shirt or lithograph?  For the shirt, if the price is very low, it should be fake.

2 minutes ago, Foxhillsboy said:

To make sure whether it is fake or not, why don't you request seller to send you actual detailed photos of the litho to you before bidding or buying.

No I have one. I bought the first one to hit eBay months ago. Since then though I've seen tons of them listed and almost all have the hand written number blacked out in the picture. Seems like more of those available then any other litho.

Yep I know exactly the listing/s your talking about I'm also curious to know if all the April Fools that have been listed in the last month by a different seller are also fakes because the person always relists the same number 101/400 

1 minute ago, uzi your illusion said:

No I have one. I bought the first one to hit eBay months ago. Since then though I've seen tons of them listed and almost all have the hand written number blacked out in the picture. Seems like more of those available then any other litho.

I see. If I remember correctly, the godzila lithograph was produced for 500 copies.  There were a lot of Godzila lithographs on Yahoo Auction Japan right after the Japan tour as well but I rarely saw one on the same website these days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

It seams as though the pic that is being used in those Tokyo lithographs are generic as well looks like they have a crease or is it just my bad eyesight lol

5 minutes ago, nzgnr said:

Yep I know exactly the listing/s your talking about I'm also curious to know if all the April Fools that have been listed in the last month by a different seller are also fakes because the person always relists the same number 101/400 

I bought from that guy. The picture is of 101, he sent me 108 for whatever that's worth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uzi your illusion said:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Tokyo Godzilla print maybe being fake? So many have appeared on eBay and it's usually the same picture posted. 

I just don't think they sold. The market became soft when the twin dragon and Godzilla prints became available. Plus, the Kobe and Yokohama were the most desirable from that run.

On 5/17/2017 at 0:31 AM, The Holographic Universe said:

GNR has far better imagery associated with the band than Metallica does. I saw the Metallica lithos and they are limited to certain types of imagery. Phish has incredible lithos/prints.

I agree the exception being the Adelaide shark hoodie design... that is just bad all around.

Metallica just came through Foxboro MA and their poster looked like a good bookend for the Guns Foxboro double litho, so I picked one up. It is Ames Bros and very good quality. I can't wait until Guns is back on the road so we can see more litho designs.

41 minutes ago, Dacatzass said:

I agree the exception being the Adelaide shark hoodie design... that is just bad all around.

Metallica just came through Foxboro MA and their poster looked like a good bookend for the Guns Foxboro double litho, so I picked one up. It is Ames Bros and very good quality. I can't wait until Guns is back on the road so we can see more litho designs.

I looked at the Ames Bros. posters and I believe Arian Butler is far superior to those prints. But, the Foxboro Metallica poster is a great accompany print to the GNR one.