Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

All depending on the logistics of London if I am gonna get lithos or not. 
Last year we went to the Stadium when the merch stand opened, and got the lithos. Then we went back to the hotel and placed them there. 
I just can't be bothered to spend the whole show holding a litho and other merch, and they are probably long gone by the end of the shows. 

Would be nice with a merch stand in sentral London during these days :)

I was also at the Metallica show at Foxboro and grabbed the litho they were selling,it is cool but not as cool as the GNR one.I also got another litho at that show that they only gave to VIP ticket holders, that one is a lot better in my opinion than the one they were selling at the merch stands.Have an extra one to trade

23 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Kobe listed on eBay again. Same douchebag as last time asking  $2000 and this one isn't even mint.

Description said it was framed and the edges are worn. Also charging extra for shipping cost lol.

Wow. What an asshole. That is signifaicnt damage to be asking that price. I don't even know what that would be worth with that crease.

3 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Kobe listed on eBay again. Same douchebag as last time asking  $2000 and this one isn't even mint.

Description said it was framed and the edges are worn. Also charging extra for shipping cost lol.

Are you dyslexic? Or am I just taking crazy pills?

The listing I see doesn't say it was framed and it doesn't say he's charging extra for shipping. In fact, it says the exact opposite on my screen - free international shipping. The prices on Ebay are inflated enough already man, you don't need to exaggerate.

I also don't understand how people can't figure out how Make an Offer works. Have you never sold or bought anything "obo" or "ono" before? Here's the thing. If you're going to sell something with Make an Offer on an Ebay listing, you highball your "Buy It Now" price so you have room for negotiation. This isn't rocket science. If someone wants to cut through all the bullshit negotiations and wants it that badly, then they have to pay the crazy premium but otherwise the Buy It Now is almost meaningless.

Same thing goes for that dude on Ebay selling the New Orleans for $1000. There's no way he's expecting someone to buy it for that price considering only a month ago he was asking half that. It's just room for negotiation.

6 hours ago, Silveradot said:

I was also at the Metallica show at Foxboro and grabbed the litho they were selling,it is cool but not as cool as the GNR one.I also got another litho at that show that they only gave to VIP ticket holders, that one is a lot better in my opinion than the one they were selling at the merch stands.Have an extra one to trade

No VIP experience for me. What was the print run for the VIP poster?

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

The listing I see doesn't say it was framed and it doesn't say he's charging extra for shipping. In fact, it says the exact opposite on my screen - free international shipping. The prices on Ebay are inflated enough already man, you don't need to exaggerate.

I also don't understand how people can't figure out how Make an Offer works. Have you never sold or bought anything "obo" or "ono" before? Here's the thing. If you're going to sell something with Make an Offer on an Ebay listing, you highball your "Buy It Now" price so you have room for negotiation. This isn't rocket science. If someone wants to cut through all the bullshit negotiations and wants it that badly, then they have to pay the crazy premium but otherwise the Buy It Now is almost meaningless.

Same thing goes for that dude on Ebay selling the New Orleans for $1000. There's no way he's expecting someone to buy it for that price considering only a month ago he was asking half that. It's just room for negotiation.

Umm? I really have no opinion on the matter, But he is indeed charging for shipping at "calculate rate" (free local pickup though).

And while not explicitly saying it was framed, he wrote "a little edge wear down the side, but looks perfect once framed". That would imply that it was once framed, otherwise how would he know the damage wasn't visible.

And I think some are calling him a douche because he was allegedly rude to someone who made a best offer on a previous Kobe litho listed at $2000.00 and countered with $1999.00. That would imply he wasn't willing to negotiate much on the price. This is all hearsay though.

i do agree with you 100% on the "Best Offer" and the Buy it now price is meaningless. Most of the sellers don't expect to get that much and they are looking to get the most money on their sale. Nothing wrong with that. The demand is there.

26 minutes ago, Dacatzass said:

No VIP experience for me. What was the print run for the VIP poster?

They are not numbered so not sure how many there were.

18 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I think it was metallic or foil.

The one from Foxboro isn't foil just a regular litho

11 minutes ago, Dacatzass said:

Umm? I really have no opinion on the matter, But he is indeed charging for shipping at "calculate rate" (free local pickup though).

And while not explicitly saying it was framed, he wrote "a little edge wear down the side, but looks perfect once framed". That would imply that it was once framed, otherwise how would he know the damage wasn't visible.

And I think some are calling him a douche because he was allegedly rude to someone who made a best offer on a previous Kobe litho listed at $2000.00 and countered with $1999.00. That would imply he wasn't willing to negotiate much on the price. This is all hearsay though.

i do agree with you 100% on the "Best Offer" and the Buy it now price is meaningless. Most of the sellers don't expect to get that much and they are looking to get the most money on their sale. Nothing wrong with that. The demand is there.

I think we've all framed enough of these lithos that we can kinda figure out what is going to be noticeable in a picture frame and what isn't but fair enough. I can see what you're saying for sure but I'm sure you can see my point of view too.

As for the douchebag thing - well yeah, anything with a huge markup screams douchebag. But I was discussing the idea of offer-counteroffer with a couple other forum members a few days ago and I think we might be misreading the situation. I once did an offer-counteroffer with an Ebay seller (not for lithos) and I received one of those weird counteroffers with a really high value. The seller explained to me that Ebay limits the amount of offers you can make as a buyer but you can have unlimited counteroffers. I was already on my last offer, the seller said we were really close on a possible deal and sending me the big counteroffer allowed me to make another offer (using counteroffer) if I wanted. This was a while ago though so I don't know whether this is still the case because Ebay is changing rules all the time. And I ended up getting the item from someone else anyway so I never did make a counteroffer so not sure if what he said is true. I also don't know whether uzi your illusion's offer was his first, second or third so who knows.

And yes, the demand for Kobe is definitely there. Not $2000 worth of demand LOL :lol: but yes the demand is there.

And sorry I don't know what the confusion is. On my screen it shows Free Standard International Shipping.

2ZrPl7S.jpg

36 minutes ago, Silveradot said:

They are not numbered so not sure how many there were.

The one from Foxboro isn't foil just a regular litho

There is a silver foil version. Google Ames brothers and it's listed on the website. It sells for 250$. It appears there are fool editions for every show. I'd like to see that for GNR. But these metllica ones have poor designs. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe

13 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I think we've all framed enough of these lithos that we can kinda figure out what is going to be noticeable in a picture frame and what isn't but fair enough. I can see what you're saying for sure but I'm sure you can see my point of view too.

As for the douchebag thing - well yeah, anything with a huge markup screams douchebag. But I was discussing the idea of offer-counteroffer with a couple other forum members a few days ago and I think we might be misreading the situation. I once did an offer-counteroffer with an Ebay seller (not for lithos) and I received one of those weird counteroffers with a really high value. The seller explained to me that Ebay limits the amount of offers you can make as a buyer but you can have unlimited counteroffers. I was already on my last offer, the seller said we were really close on a possible deal and sending me the big counteroffer allowed me to make another offer (using counteroffer) if I wanted. This was a while ago though so I don't know whether this is still the case because Ebay is changing rules all the time. And I ended up getting the item from someone else anyway so I never did make a counteroffer so not sure if what he said is true. I also don't know whether uzi your illusion's offer was his first, second or third so who knows.

And yes, the demand for Kobe is definitely there. Not $2000 worth of demand LOL :lol: but yes the demand is there.

And sorry I don't know what the confusion is. On my screen it shows Free Standard International Shipping.

13 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

2ZrPl7S.jpg

Not disagreeing with you in the least, but on my screen, he is charging for shipping.

Yea they didn't have those at the show.Also that design is the one they sold at all of the merch stands the other one was just for VIP.Ebay has a couple it looks like a skeleton angel with lightning all around his head and he's holding a sword.I would post a pic but don't know how to.

7 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Jesus Christ the way your going in you'd think it was you personally selling it.

The seller and me have spoke alot so that's what I'm going off of. He had 2 Kobe lithos to start. He sold the 1 a month ago and got so much for it that now he's thinking about moving the one he has left.

Taking that into account I don't think it's a stretch to assume the damage on the litho is from being previously framed. Especially when he says the damage can be perfectly concealed by putting a frame over the print.

What's more interesting is that in your whole post defending the guy and the listing you don't even comment on the fact that it's damaged and what that does for the value.

The shipping thing says "local pickup from Osaka Japan" which i had never seen before and then it goes on to say "i will only ship ems Japan post with tracking and declared for full amount". I took that to mean that cost was at the buyers expense. I may very well be wrong but I wasn't trying to exagarate.

Also, thanks for taking the time to explain to us how the Make Offer and Buy Now options work. Nice of you to spend the time explaining it to all of us nitwits. However, the seller isn't a douchebag because he listed the Kobe print at $2,000. He's a douchebag because when I made him an offer on the last one he came back to me with a "final offer" of $1,999.99. So that tells you pretty clearly he wasn't looking to start high and settle for less thinking he'd get chewed down.

7 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

There is a silver foil version. Google Ames brothers and it's listed on the website. It sells for 250$. It appears there are fool editions for every show. I'd like to see that for GNR. But these metllica ones have poor designs. 

Thanks for the heads-up and I agree... not a fan of some of those designs so far. The Foxboro one seems to be the coolest.

The prints on their website are listed as silkscreens as opposed to the lithographs you would normally buy at the shows. Some of the GNR designs would look kickass as silkscreens, but so far the only design offered that way was the Sara Ray Rocket Queen print.

1 hour ago, uzi your illusion said:

Jesus Christ the way your going in you'd think it was you personally selling it.

The seller and me have spoke alot so that's what I'm going off of. He had 2 Kobe lithos to start. He sold the 1 a month ago and got so much for it that now he's thinking about moving the one he has left.

Taking that into account I don't think it's a stretch to assume the damage on the litho is from being previously framed. Especially when he says the damage can be perfectly concealed by putting a frame over the print.

What's more interesting is that in your whole post defending the guy and the listing you don't even comment on the fact that it's damaged and what that does for the value.

The shipping thing says "local pickup from Osaka Japan" which i had never seen before and then it goes on to say "i will only ship ems Japan post with tracking and declared for full amount". I took that to mean that cost was at the buyers expense. I may very well be wrong but I wasn't trying to exagarate.

Also, thanks for taking the time to explain to us how the Make Offer and Buy Now options work. Nice of you to spend the time explaining it to all of us nitwits. However, the seller isn't a douchebag because he listed the Kobe print at $2,000. He's a douchebag because when I made him an offer on the last one he came back to me with a "final offer" of $1,999.99. So that tells you pretty clearly he wasn't looking to start high and settle for less thinking he'd get chewed down.

Well I am definitely invested in the outcome because you know I have spare Kobes. Regardless of whether this Ebay dude establishes the market for Kobes is at $5, $500 or $5000 it will determine how much trading power Kobes will have, regardless of whether we like it or not. My Kobes are easily my most important lithos I have for trading in the future so I am very much interested in what this asshole is doing with his.

I didn't think the damage was from being framed because I don't know how goofy somebody would have to be to damage a litho while trying to frame it but I guess it's possible lol.

We've also established that for whatever reason, it shows up as "Free Standard International Shipping" for some people and doesn't for others. "Declared for full amount" I took to mean that he wouldn't lowball the value to avoid import taxes. I know I've asked people to lower the declared value when sending me shit for this reason but it's a big risk. If anything goes wrong and the item is damaged, you won't get the real value refunded from FedEx/UPS/DHL/whoever. Best case scenario, they will only refund what you declared the value to be.

As for the damage yeah the value will definitely take a hit. But hard to say how much when there isn't anything else on the market to compare it to.

Beggars can't be choosers. I guarantee you if a Dubai showed up on Ebay and it was beat to shit, it's still going to sell for a fortune because well what else are you going to do? Can't go somewhere else to buy it :max:

It's a seller's market right now. If someone dumps ten or twenty of them on Ebay the value will drop and the value of a damaged one will crater. But until then, it's a case of like it or lump it :wacko:

2 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

As for the damage yeah the value will definitely take a hit. But hard to say how much when there isn't anything else on the market to compare it to.

Beggars can't be choosers. I guarantee you if a Dubai showed up on Ebay and it was beat to shit, it's still going to sell for a fortune because well what else are you going to do? Can't go somewhere else to buy it :max:

It's a seller's market right now. If someone dumps ten or twenty of them on Ebay the value will drop and the value of a damaged one will crater. But until then, it's a case of like it or lump it :wacko:

You are still sitting on those? There is something to be said for striking while the iron is hot too. If I was a buyer and there were two different Kobes on eBay... one damaged and one perfect, and I just happen to have two grand in my pocket and no one around to tell me there were better uses for the money, guess which one I would buy? 

Trade value is one thing, but you could also trade for cold hard cash.

3 hours ago, Dacatzass said:

You are still sitting on those? There is something to be said for striking while the iron is hot too. If I was a buyer and there were two different Kobes on eBay... one damaged and one perfect, and I just happen to have two grand in my pocket and no one around to tell me there were better uses for the money, guess which one I would buy? 

Trade value is one thing, but you could also trade for cold hard cash.

Not trying to make cold hard cash though. I've received very good offers from people on this forum that I would happily accept if there were no more lithos on the horizon. But you just know there's going to be a killer Euro litho that everybody wants. And probably a killer US litho that everybody wants too. Kobe is my ace in the hole just in case.

Not trying to make cold hard cash though. I've received very good offers from people on this forum that I would happily accept if there were no more lithos on the horizon. But you just know there's going to be a killer Euro litho that everybody wants. And probably a killer US litho that everybody wants too. Kobe is my ace in the hole just in case.

I'd be surprised if there was a killer lithoto compete with the Kobe. First, the band isn't playing to a small audience like Kobe on either, tour. And, I don't recall there being one "must have" litho from the first American tour. The lithos were pretty standard until the orient. Although, I'm hopeful that there will be one with amazing imagery out of the European tour, but that Germany shirt tells me some will be lame-o.

I'd be surprised if there was a killer lithoto compete with the Kobe. First, the band isn't playing to a small audience like Kobe on either, tour. And, I don't recall there being one "must have" litho from the first American tour. The lithos were pretty standard until the orient. Although, I'm hopeful that there will be one with amazing imagery out of the European tour, but that Germany shirt tells me some will be lame-o.

37 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I don't know man I like a ton of the North American ones from the first leg. I thought they were extremely solid. Who knows though they might not even do them this time around at all.

Have to wait and see I guess.

25 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

I don't know man I like a ton of the North American ones from the first leg. I thought they were extremely solid. Who knows though they might not even do them this time around at all.

Have to wait and see I guess.

What were your favorites? The D.C. One was legit. I'm curious to see the gorge and Denver one.

25 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

What were your favorites? The D.C. One was legit. I'm curious to see the gorge and Denver one.

The ones I like the best are ones I've tracked down. Not in any necessary order 

Cincinatti, New Orleans, San Francisco, and although I wasn't crazy about it at the time NY/NJ night 1 has some really cool little touches when you see it up close that I've grown to love.

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Agreed but lets not forget that some of the Australian shows had big audiences but really low litho numbers. You can never tell when one litho is just going to be super rare for no reason.