Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

A month or two  ago the Dubai ones were all over eBay for 100 bucks or something. I thought they couldn't sell them as they were pretty average.  After this time, most lithos seem to disappear from eBay as the people who were content to sell had already done so.

That Italian car one is awesome!

8 minutes ago, AussieHrvat said:

A month or two  ago the Dubai ones were all over eBay for 100 bucks or something. I thought they couldn't sell them as they were pretty average.  After this time, most lithos seem to disappear from eBay as the people who were content to sell had already done so.

That Italian car one is awesome!

I'm not sure what lithos you saw, but none of us have ever seen a Dubai litho on ebay, and a few of us check ebay every day. 

The only thing I can think of is maybe you were confusing them for the fake Dubai t-shirts that were on Ebay. There's a load of Indonesian sellers who take the pictures of the lithographs from Instagram and Facebook and make a really crappy shirt out of it. There were definitely some shitty fake Dubai shirts on Ebay.

I know there has been a couple of fake Bangkok demon lithographs but they were so obviously not legit that I'm not even sure I'd call them fake. The color was really wrong, it had a weird thin red border around it and even worse was that it was advertised as "36 inches x 24 inches" which we all know is too big for any of these lithos. The Bangkok lithograph is smaller than the usual 18" x 24". It's like the tiny Singapore litho.

Problem with Dubai is half the crowd got there late date due to traffic jams (myself included). And all the lithos were gone.

Not the greatest litho to be honest (simple design with a falcon) but want one to remind me of drinking a half bottle of whisky in the desert while stuck in traffic then finally seeing the show from Estranged onwards ?

(Any idea why bands don't actually sell them on their sites? Merch sales is one of the big income streams for established bands these days - and I'm sure litho prints from the official site would go like hot cakes. Some of those fuckers are like artwork)

Kinda reminds me of Axl signing stuff for fans that immediately go on EBay. Ruins it for the actual fans that would love to keep his autograph. Shame most lithos go on the black market for big money, when there's fans out there that would frame and keep that shit forever :(

Anyone from GNR reads this - get some lithos on the merch site. And if you can't, hook me up with a Dubai one $$$$ wink wink ?

Edited by LA_0013

53 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Problem with Dubai is half the crowd got there late date due to traffic jams (myself included). And all the lithos were gone.

Shame most lithos go on the black market for big money, when there's fans out there that would frame and keep that shit forever :(

I don't believe the "all the lithos were gone" excuse because nobody has ever even posted a picture of the actual litho. I would love to be proven wrong but it seems ridiculous to believe there hasn't been a real world sighting anywhere of the Dubai litho. Where are all these people who allegedly bought them? Not a single one posted a photo on facebook or instagram? Maybe showed their friends? Nonsense. Until proven otherwise I consider the Dubai litho as non-existent. Just never got made.

I also disagree with your comment that 'most lithos go on the black market for big money'. Maybe you're just using hyperbole but I'd say (on average) maybe only a 10 or 20 of each litho at most end up on Ebay. Some you see a lot of, such as the Australian lithos (that were shitty), such as Las Vegas or Tokyo (too many of them made) or San Diego Surfer (everybody was onboard the litho hypebeast train by then). But a significant amount of them, you might only see a handful. How many Melbourne Tigers ended up on Ebay? 2 or 3? How many Yokohamas on Ebay? 5 or 6? I'd say 80 to 90% of the lithos are being bought by people who are doing exactly what you say and putting them up on their wall and keeping it forever.

Edited by amaninjapan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I don't believe the "all the lithos were gone" excuse because nobody has ever even posted a picture of the actual litho. I would love to be proven wrong but it seems ridiculous to believe there hasn't been a real world sighting anywhere of the Dubai litho. Where are all these people who allegedly bought them? Not a single one posted a photo on facebook or instagram? Maybe showed their friends? Nonsense. Until proven otherwise I consider the Dubai litho as non-existent. Just never got made.

I also disagree with your comment that 'most lithos go on the black market for big money'. Maybe you're just using hyperbole but I'd say (on average) maybe only a 10 or 20 of each litho at most end up on Ebay. Some you see a lot of, such as the Australian lithos (that were shitty), such as Las Vegas or Tokyo (too many of them made) or San Diego Surfer (everybody was onboard the litho hypebeast train by then). But a significant amount of them, you might only see a handful. How many Melbourne Tigers ended up on Ebay? 2 or 3? How many Yokohamas on Ebay? 5 or 6? I'd say 80 to 90% of the lithos are being bought by people who are doing exactly what you say and putting them up on their wall and keeping it forever.

Hey, I'm not an expert - you're prob  right and I'm wrong ?

All im saying is demand exceeds supply, some end up on the black market from people that have the sole intention of cashing in.

So it would be cool to be able to buy them from the official channel. 

Peace

Edited by LA_0013

2 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Hey, I'm not an expert - you're prob  right and I'm wrong ?

All im saying is demand exceeds supply, some end up on the black market from some people that have the sole intention of cashing in.

So it would be could to be able to buy them from the official channel. 

Peace

I see a little bit of value in making them limited but yeah I totally agree with you. 150 of a litho for a crowd of 80,000 people is madness.

5 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I see a little bit of value in making them limited but yeah I totally agree with you. 150 of a litho for a crowd of 80,000 people is madness.

What's interesting is that the April Fools gig has 400 lithos printed and I think only around 500 people were able to attend. But it makes sense that there would be a lot of them left over because a ton of that crowd were industry people. And I doubt many of them were buying these.

In comparison 400 of the NJ lithos were made for night 1 and there were around 70,000 in attendance. Still a few left on the way out the door. So I'm sure it's hit or miss based on the average income in each market.

30 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

What's interesting is that the April Fools gig has 400 lithos printed and I think only around 500 people were able to attend. But it makes sense that there would be a lot of them left over because a ton of that crowd were industry people. And I doubt many of them were buying these.

In comparison 400 of the NJ lithos were made for night 1 and there were around 70,000 in attendance. Still a few left on the way out the door. So I'm sure it's hit or miss based on the average income in each market.

I think the April Fools gig was a very bizarre exception, but yes it's totally hit or miss. I think it'd just be awesome if they made like 1000 of them all and any that don't sell, throw them onto the GNR website store. Just like what happened with the Australian lithos. Maybe even charge more on the website if necessary. Then people have a double incentive to buy them at the gig (get them before they sell out, get them for a cheap price) but people not at the gig still have a chance to buy them. Any leftovers don't get thrown in the trash and GNR rakes in more merch money.

6 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I went to the 2nd Guilette show last year and had no problem getting a litho, but that was early in the tour before the resellers started scoffing them all up to flip on the aftermarket. They are coming back around and playing the Fleet Center in Boston on October 22nd. I already have my tickets,  but I am not nearly as confident in my ability that I can find the one merch stand that is selling them and get one before they are all gone... not when I hear stories of people being allowed to buy stacks of them at a time and some missing out because they are sold out.  I am going to try like hell though, but have a proposition for anyone else who might also be going to the same show...

I just want one lithograph to frame and display. If you are also going to the show, why don't we coordinate and work together to ensure that we are both able to pick one up at cost before they are all bought by the resellers?

If you find the merch stand selling them first, then buy two... If I find the merch stand first, then I will buy two. We can exchange cell numbers and meet inside the venue to pass off the extra litho before heading off to our respective seats. Easy and simple and it is a win-win for both parties. Just send me a PM and we can make the arrangements beforehand.

i am surprised that some of us on this board haven't pooled our resources like this before. Just post which show you are going to and make plans with someone else who is going to the same show to make sure you both score a lithograph.

1 hour ago, Dacatzass said:

I went to the 2nd Guilette show last year and had no problem getting a litho, but that was early in the tour before the resellers started scoffing them all up to flip on the aftermarket. They are coming back around and playing the Fleet Center in Boston on October 22nd. I already have my tickets,  but I am not nearly as confident in my ability that I can find the one merch stand that is selling them and get one before they are all gone... not when I hear stories of people being allowed to buy stacks of them at a time and some missing out because they are sold out.  I am going to try like hell though, but have a proposition for anyone else who might also be going to the same show...

I just want one lithograph to frame and display. If you are also going to the show, why don't we coordinate and work together to ensure that we are both able to pick one up at cost before they are all bought by the resellers?

If you find the merch stand selling them first, then buy two... If I find the merch stand first, then I will buy two. We can exchange cell numbers and meet inside the venue to pass off the extra litho before heading off to our respective seats. Easy and simple and it is a win-win for both parties. Just send me a PM and we can make the arrangements beforehand.

i am surprised that some of us on this board haven't pooled our resources like this before. Just post which show you are going to and make plans with someone else who is going to the same show to make sure you both score a lithograph.

I think it's good for small groups but gets much more difficult if the group gets bigger. If there's 10 people in the group, then each person has to run around with 500 bucks or 500 Euro just in case they get a chance to buy them and nobody else does. Or if three of you are buying one each for yourselves but you've got friends or family or forum members asking you to buy 2 or 3 also.

Maybe just pair up with a litho buddy? :P That way you double your chances of getting at least one and halve the possibility of missing out.

16 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I think it's good for small groups but gets much more difficult if the group gets bigger. If there's 10 people in the group, then each person has to run around with 500 bucks or 500 Euro just in case they get a chance to buy them and nobody else does. Or if three of you are buying one each for yourselves but you've got friends or family or forum members asking you to buy 2 or 3 also.

Maybe just pair up with a litho buddy? :P That way you double your chances of getting at least one and halve the possibility of missing out.

Exactly! I am not going to walk around with $500 to buy lithographs and then spend too much energy protecting them that I cannot enjoy the show. Not in it to make money...  just want piece of mind that I will have a cool keepsake. This would work for two or three people going to the same show to ensure they each get a lithograph, but would not work for a large group of people.

My natural instinct was that they would continue with the lithos. They're very popular so I see no reason not to do them for the US tour dates.

What I'm wondering about however is if they're at all thinking about doing lithos for the handful of South American tour dates. We all know they skipped over them the first time around but I wouldn't so easily dismiss the possibility the second time around.

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Does anyone here feel the band will drop the lithos for the arena tour? It would suck if they did. I wonder if they would produce less the stadium shows. Like print runs of 50 or 100.

35 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

My natural instinct was that they would continue with the lithos. They're very popular so I see no reason not to do them for the US tour dates.

What I'm wondering about however is if they're at all thinking about doing lithos for the handful of South American tour dates. We all know they skipped over them the first time around but I wouldn't so easily dismiss the possibility the second time around.

One of those silly VIP packages says it includes a show specific poster so I'm going to say they will continue