Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

11 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

No- I'm sorry, I've never even heard of that. Please clue me in.

Each army regiment has a regimental colour (with their battle honours on it). During Trooping the Colour, they parade it in front of the sovereign. Lot of marching and ceremony and so forth. It occurs on Horse Guards incidentally.

• Like 1

Had to clean up the thread a little bit but wanted to post a reminder/verbal warning:

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with politics. As always, take topics to the correct threads and try to contain your personal verbal slap fights to PMs.

Thanks!

Ah- ok then! It's still not a great design in my opinion, but it's good to know there was a reason for the theme. And of course, it's always more meaningful to the local fans whatever the design is. 

Educating ignorant Americans thru GnR lithos- that's doing the lord's work right there... :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Why didn't they post the last two lithos  in high res?

I hope the reason is cause Arian Buhler's an artist, and artists are flaky and do things on their own time, and not cause he forgot completely.  Like he did with the Perth poster.

I rely on Buhler's instagram to get the best shots of these things.  And London 1 is my favorite in a long time, so I really hope we see the high res shots asap.

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I hope the reason is cause Arian Buhler's an artist, and artists are flaky and do things on their own time, and not cause he forgot completely.  Like he did with the Perth poster.

I rely on Buhler's instagram to get the best shots of these things.  And London 1 is my favorite in a long time, so I really hope we see the high res shots asap.

London 1 was a gem.

7 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Sergeant are supposed to be bastards.

Yes but this was during the '50s, the era of painting stones white to demoralise you etc.

Somebody else in my family worked for the Queen Mother. He used to have tales about how much booze she necked.

Edited by DieselDaisy

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes but this was during the '50s, the era of painting stones white to demoralise you etc.

Somebody else in my family worked for the Queen Mother. He used to have tales about how much booze she necked.

Well, the 50's was different. Fuck 50's military . Jeez. I thought you meant recent. So why didn't you attend the GNR show you worthless bastard?

Edited by The Holographic Universe

3 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Well, the 50's was different. Fuck 50's military . Jeez. I thought you meant recent. So why didn't you attend the GNR show you worthless bastard?

I'm not going all the way to London to see those greedy old farts. Besides, I was watching the Essex v Notts match on tv.

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Must be gone, because I don't see it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guns-N-Roses-Not-In-This-Lifetime-Tour-Lithograph-London-Exclusive-Numbered-52-/222549160943?hash=item33d0f6b3ef:g:gfcAAOSwrfVZRcsO

same seller is also tryin to flip the T for £100

what is the fair secondary price of the lithos? Can see a bunch of US ones peddled for $100 each

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I thought you were in London. How far can London be on that tiny island?

I'm about as far away as one can be from London and still be in England. I'm near the Scottish border.

I still wouldn't have went even if I was in London mind haha.

1 hour ago, Alexpro said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Guns-N-Roses-Not-In-This-Lifetime-Tour-Lithograph-London-Exclusive-Numbered-52-/222549160943?hash=item33d0f6b3ef:g:gfcAAOSwrfVZRcsO

same seller is also tryin to flip the T for £100

what is the fair secondary price of the lithos? Can see a bunch of US ones peddled for $100 each

The $100 ones are likely fake...all by the same seller and all unnumbered.

14 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

The $100 ones are likely fake...all by the same seller and all unnumbered.

I dunno... these two, for example, are numbered

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Guns-N-Roses-Hollywood-CA-Lithograph-Poster-Not-In-This-Lifetime-273-400-/162549884533?hash=item25d8ba6675:g:awIAAOSw1~JZPWTs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Guns-N-Roses-Washington-DC-Lithograph-Poster-Not-In-This-Lifetime-417-500-/162549913070?hash=item25d8bad5ee:g:FQAAAOSw6YtZPWs8

Truth is, it's a lot of trouble to make a fake litho in a single copy, especially if you try to make it look remotely legit. Even that can be easily identified by a anyone who ever saw a real litho. This seller has 100% rating since 1999...  As usual with ebay though, "buyer beware" - I'm in no way encouraging anyone to buy these items

Edited by Alexpro

47 minutes ago, Alexpro said:

I dunno... these two, for example, are numbered

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Guns-N-Roses-Hollywood-CA-Lithograph-Poster-Not-In-This-Lifetime-273-400-/162549884533?hash=item25d8ba6675:g:awIAAOSw1~JZPWTs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Guns-N-Roses-Washington-DC-Lithograph-Poster-Not-In-This-Lifetime-417-500-/162549913070?hash=item25d8bad5ee:g:FQAAAOSw6YtZPWs8

Truth is, it's a lot of trouble to make a fake litho in a single copy, especially if you try to make it look remotely legit. Even that can be easily identified by a anyone who ever saw a real litho. This seller has 100% rating since 1999...  As usual with ebay though, "buyer beware" - I'm in no way encouraging anyone to buy these items

I'm going buy one of them that is numbered and if I think it's a fake I'm just going to get my coin back