Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

15 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

The Hannover one is pretty crap, but watch it become impossible to find because so many were destroyed in the rain.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I think it's beautiful and classy. They don't all have to be all rock n roll. The warm orange hue to it is gorgeous.

But yes I agree, it will be hard to find. These European lithos are already impossible to find on the resale market and Hannover was yet another limited to 150 copies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I think it's beautiful and classy. They don't all have to be all rock n roll. The warm orange hue to it is gorgeous.

But yes I agree, it will be hard to find. These European lithos are already impossible to find on the resale market and Hannover was yet another limited to 150 copies.

Upon consideration, I agree with your assessment. But, there is no instant GNR imagery. If it wasn't for the words Guns N Roses then you wouldn't know. Were lithos destroyed in the rain?

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Upon consideration, I agree with your assessment. But, there is no instant GNR imagery. If it wasn't for the words Guns N Roses then you wouldn't know. Were lithos destroyed in the rain?

Totally agree with the lack of GNR imagery. The skeleton horse is a bit GNRish but definitely subtle. It could be anybody's concert poster.

I think some people might have been caught out by the rain but a few people brought plastic bags to keep their merch in. I think it's more likely that they simply chose not to buy the lithograph because they couldn't keep it protected. I think many of these European lithographs will end up being white whales for collectors in the future.

Brisbane lithographs are underrated. I think anybody with a decent-sized lithograph collection should have them because they're bargains. Plenty of them out there for sale at cheap prices.

24 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Bullet logo in the background doesn't cut it?

I'm with amaninjapan on this one, I think its gorgeous.  

5 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I like it.  In my opinion, better than Munich, which felt very generic to me.

London 1 is still the one to beat on this tour.

Yes I agree. Munich looked too much like a Saturday morning cartoon for me. I was expecting Scooby Doo to pop out from behind the tree.

But I disagree on London 1 being the best. Madrid, hands down. The canvas effect and the execution overall is just brilliant.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think it is a Saxon Steed, the heraldic animal of Lower Saxony.

Definitely the Saxon Steed but I just can't figure out who the woman is.

2 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Definitely the Saxon Steed but I just can't figure out who the woman is.

I do not know but that is presumably the River Leine the horse is crossing. If I had to guess, she seems like a generic minor deity like a Naiad or (Rhine) Maiden. In Norse mythology there is also the myth of The Brook Horse which is this great white horse which appears near rivers and lakes when it is foggy, and upon which a rider cannot get off.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not know but that is presumably the River Leine the horse is crossing. If I had to guess, she seems like a generic minor deity like a Naiad or (Rhine) Maiden. In Norse mythology there is also the myth of The Brook Horse which is this great white horse which appears near rivers and lakes when it is foggy, and upon which a rider cannot get off.

Definitely the best explanation I've heard so far! Thanks!

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Isn't there a Hanoverian horse breed?

5 minutes ago, papalaz said:

I've noticed that there are some London night 1 lithos on sale on eBay, numbered x/200.  Was there more than one run as I saw some on the night which were numbered up to150?

London Night 1 was x/150 and London Night 2 was x/200

Different designs for both ;)

• Like 1