Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

It doesnt look like anyone is bidding on that lowlifes stuff. Also warpig pretty much confirmed to me that his stuff is fake. Scumbag. Worst thing is: fucking ebay doesnt do shit about these items. what a disgrace that place is

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 1

I confronted him about the unnumbered lithos and he denied it of course, he said something like: well maybe there were more lithos in the stock that didnt get sold, etc?

i said: yes maybe, but probably not. And since youre claiming that your items were SOLD at the shows, it pretty much confirms theyre fake, since all sold lithos were numbered. 

Didnt hear from him after that

Edited by xBrownstonex

The warpig guy used to use a different name on eBay. He's a fuckhead! Sold me a DC litho for $150 and it arrived damaged. You could tell it was packaged in way that it would look like it happens during shipping. I then read his feedback that the same thing happened to several others. Reporteded him to eBay, but they don't really do anything about it. I'm pretty sure it's the same guy because before he started selling the fake lithos, he used the exact same picture that had the same number as the one I ordered. 

35 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

I confronted him about the unnumbered lithos and he denied it of course, he said something like: well maybe there were more lithos in the stock that didnt get sold, etc?

i said: yes maybe, but probably not. And since youre claiming that your items were SOLD at the shows, it pretty much confirms theyre fake, since all sold lithos were numbered. 

Wow... what the hell type of response is that? He is the one selling them and he can't even explain where he got them from?

I mean, we KNOW these lithos are meant to be numbered. I was expecting some bullshit explanation from him but for him to just say "I don't know"..... sounds like he doesn't want to back himself into a corner and tell a lie. Better for him just to remain vague and let the buyer come to their own conclusions. Not nice.

51 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

The warpig guy used to use a different name on eBay. He's a fuckhead! Sold me a DC litho for $150 and it arrived damaged. You could tell it was packaged in way that it would look like it happens during shipping. I then read his feedback that the same thing happened to several others. Reporteded him to eBay, but they don't really do anything about it. I'm pretty sure it's the same guy because before he started selling the fake lithos, he used the exact same picture that had the same number as the one I ordered. 

I think you're thinking of another dude. I just checked warpig's username history and he's only changed it once and that was back in 1999. I remember the seller that you're talking about, I think quite a few people in here complained about him. Can't remember his username though. I'm sure someone will remind us.

2 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I think you're thinking of another dude. I just checked warpig's username history and he's only changed it once and that was back in 1999. I remember the seller that you're talking about, I think quite a few people in here complained about him. Can't remember his username though. I'm sure someone will remind us.

He's talking about SammyTamar or something like that, definitely a different seller.

4 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

I had contacted him a while back and asked about why one of his lithos was unnumbered as well. This is what he wrote:

New message from: warpig96 Top Rated Seller(587Purple Star)

Hi, 
The lithographs that are unnumbered were put aside for VIP's attending each show. Celebrities, sports stats, mayors, team owners etc. Same as the numbered ones just no number. 

Official merchandise. 

Good luck.

He is ripping people off and not just for a few bucks here and there. He has sold numerous fakes for over $100  pop.

His response is a plausible explanation for why his aren't numbered. What isn't at all fucking plausible is that he is one of those people-celebrity,etc. And he wouldn't have access to such lithos from multiple shows. But the Toronto one does look legit.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

I'm parting with my Tasmanian tiger Melbourne litho, #75 of 150. Immaculate condition.

anyone wants a trade or something let me know

That is a great litho. It is dark but definitely a unique litho and I recommend to anybody who doesn't have it to contemplate trading for it. I don't have a dog in this fight, I just think it's underappreciated and wish more people would realize how beautiful it is.

I posted my Top Ten (so far) over on gnfnr a little while ago.

Now that we're on the verge of another leg, I'd love to hear personal top tens (so far) from my fellow Litho maniacs!

Especially you maninjapan, since you probably have more of these in person (or at least will when all is said and done) than the rest of us!

1 minute ago, estrangedtwat said:

I posted my Top Ten (so far) over on gnfnr a little while ago.

Now that we're on the verge of another leg, I'd love to hear personal top tens (so far) from my fellow Litho maniacs!

Especially you maninjapan, since you probably have more of these in person (or at least will when all is said and done) than the rest of us!

Every time I try to make a top ten, the same thing happens. I write down maybe 3 or 4 that are guaranteed personal favorites and then I argue with myself about which others are worthy enough to make it into the rest of the list. I stopped trying to rank them in any order a long time ago.

I guess for me, in no particular order:

Philadelphia, Zurich, Kobe, Osaka, Foxboro, Madrid, Gdansk, Cincinnati, Hannover, Wellington Maori

but I'm sure if you asked me to list my favorite tomorrow then the list wouldn't be the same.

• Like 1