Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

On 8/30/2016 at 3:19 PM, ZoSoRose said:

175 is still ridicolous. During the first few stadium shows they were about 100 each. Hell, I got my Vegas one for like 75 in May. Didnt buy one at the show cause I didnt want to carry it back to the hotel in the rain

$175 appears to be a fair market value for these even today. The Seattle one just sold a few days ago for $175 USD.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2016 at 9:21 AM, uzi your illusion said:

Still looking for a Kansas City litho over here. I'd even pay top dollar for a high quality reproduction of that one is anyone here is good with that type of thing.

A KC litho was listed on eBay recently if you have really deep pockets:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guns-N-Roses-Kansas-City-Lithograph-Poster-Not-In-This-Lifetime-Only-200-Made-/182308763322?hash=item2a7272f6ba:g:q24AAOSwLF1X-u5c

Thanks so much for the heads up. I actually just pulled the trigger on it. I know it's overpriced but I haven't seen any others pop up since the show and this one was special to me. I'm in the meat wholesale business and this is going right over my desk! It actually looks like they're only numbered to 200 which I believe is the smallest print I've seen on the tour. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Thanks so much for the heads up. I actually just pulled the trigger on it. I know it's overpriced but I haven't seen any others pop up since the show and this one was special to me. I'm in the meat wholesale business and this is going right over my desk! It actually looks like they're only numbered to 200 which I believe is the smallest print I've seen on the tour. 

Glad you got the litho you wanted! 200 was the lowest. I know Chicago 2 and the Coachella ones were low too at 250

17 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Wow!!!! The one good part is, I don't think the litho scalping shit had started yet in KC, so at least the $ went to someone who actually went to the show to see GnR. At least I think, since no other KC's have ever hit eBay....

I have been paying attention to eBay and am surprised that demand for these have remained strong. I have also been looking for indications of fakes among the auctions and other than the Detroit lithos from a while back (not numbered) and Foxboro (reported inferior paper quality), the only other lithos that look sketchy are some Houston ones that have popped up recently selling for far cheaper than they could be asking (7 from the same seller over the last week for around $150 a pop). The seller uses the same picture for all his auctions, so it is impossible to tell if they are all copies of the same print.

Other than that, most of the auctions seem quite legit. 

I bought one of the Houston's so I'll report back, I'm not too worried about it though, that seller has sold a bunch of different gnr lithos and my impression is he had a pile of these he was just looking to sell quickly.  He also sold a DC yesterday for $400.

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Like 1

Just got my KC litho in the mail today. Framing it and hanging it in my office tomorrow. Probably overpaid but only 200 were ever made and how many people out of those 200 really want to sell their copy?

Like it's been said in  this thread before, if your buying these as an investment opportunity that's pretty dicey. But if you're a die hard and you love the concept of the original city specific art then they are well worth it. 

What's the most expensive litho we've seen sold so far on ebay?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Just got my KC litho in the mail today. Framing it and hanging it in my office tomorrow. Probably overpaid but only 200 were ever made and how many people out of those 200 really want to sell their copy?

Like it's been said in  this thread before, if your buying these as an investment opportunity that's pretty dicey. But if you're a die hard and you love the concept of the original city specific art then they are well worth it. 

What's the most expensive litho we've seen sold so far on ebay?

When something means that much to you and you'll enjoy it every day, whats another $100 or $200 when who knows when you'll get another shot to get one?  Glad you scored it!

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I wish someone would make some bootleg Tommy Gun Skeleton shirts that were from one of the shows. Should'nt be to hard if they could get ahold of the lithograph print then print 100s of t shirts sell them at 20-40 dollars each and make a killing. I'd buy one.

I have the night 2 mobster litho. Its cool but i dont have a clue how to make shirts from it lol

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

Its so true, the lithos from this tour KICKED ASS.

My framed Vegas 2 looks fucking killer in my basement, if I do say so myself.

Sorry @ZoSoRose , I'm not trying to rub it in, but check this out...

GNR Vegas 2.JPG

GNFNR Vegas 2.JPG

Fuck that is still my favorite design. Wish it was night 1s art lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Its so true, the lithos from this tour KICKED ASS.

My framed Vegas 2 looks fucking killer in my basement, if I do say so myself.

Sorry @ZoSoRose , I'm not trying to rub it in, but check this out...

GNR Vegas 2.JPG

GNFNR Vegas 2.JPG

Dino Sucks! Dino Sucks! Sorry, just remember the chant at Chicago Stadium when i was a kid when the North Stars came in. 

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 1