Yes, I think Slash made a mistake by withdrawing that song from Axl. He should have sang and recorded that. Now it's ruined.

Scott's vocals are not bad but are not exceptional either. I think Axl would have done a much better job.

Not sure Axl wants to sing that, wasn't it over this song that there were feuds? Like when Axl said Slash used GN'R material for his solo albums?

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Not sure Axl wants to sing that, wasn't it over this song that there were feuds? Like when Axl said Slash used GN'R material for his solo albums?

Slash teased Axl by playing parts of it allegedly. im not so sure though.

i mean the fact the song came out so many years later...what was Slash doing? keeping it for a rainy day? :lol:

Edited by -W.A.R-

6 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

touchy subject eh...maybe slash could sell the rights back to gnr and re-release a new version of it 

surely axl will top notch it

or they could just cover it like how they do The Seeker

I would love to hear axl on this one, but they should change the lyrics from falling to rising and rest in peace instead of fall to pieces.

It's been a long year
Since you've been gone
We've been alone here
We've grown old

My heart's broken, still bleeding
but i'll fight it cause i'm sure that

Every time we think of you

You're above us

FULL RISING

<Slash's solo>

Duff/Melissa: Rest in Peace

<Slash's solo>

6 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

i mean the fact the song came out so many years later...what was Slash doing? keeping it for a rainy day? :lol:

Teased him with it when/where? Recently?

6 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Looks like the song was in discussion of being worked on if it's part of the making of Estranged video.

For sure Slash saved it for when he needed a radio friendly song. And if he knew Axl was interested maybe that rang a bell about the song having potential. He knows Axl has good ear and special taste for ballads.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

As long as it replaces a CD song.. Or The Seeker... So many classic Guns songs that could be played.

Preach brother!  And the song is great, Axl passed on it, Weiland does a great job on it.   But, play some damn Guns N fucking Roses songs.  Why is it people are begging for all these other songs to be played when you have shit like locomotive or breakdown or even perfect crime/bad obsession just begging to be brought back to life that are...guess what...actual Guns N Roses songs.  I just don't get it.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Preach brother!  And the song is great, Axl passed on it, Weiland does a great job on it.   But, play some damn Guns N fucking Roses songs.  Why is it people are begging for all these other songs to be played when you have shit like locomotive or breakdown or even perfect crime/bad obsession just begging to be brought back to life that are...guess what...actual Guns N Roses songs.  I just don't get it.

Or Pretty Tied Up, Don't Damn Me, The Garden, Garden of Eden, and Dead Horse!! So many classic, underrated songs that I would absolutely love to hear when I see them in Seattle!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Frey said:

Teased him with it when/where? Recently?

no back in 96. Slash supposedly played parts of it in front of Axl and when he showed interest, Slash was like "nope" :lol:

Slash talks about it here. he says he wrote it right before Velvet Revolver...@ :42. which to me makes more sense than sitting on a very radio friendly song for 10 years. its very possible Slash may have played something similar and Axl is misremembering 

Edited by -W.A.R-

2 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Actually Fall to Pieces suits Axl's voice the best if he signs the chorus with rasp like Don't cry and Yesterday's. The verses he can sing the same as the Don't cry verses.

However there are other VR and Slash songs I rather see them do first

Fall to pieces and the last fight would be the ones I would like to hear axl on. For some reason I've always liked the last fight.