William DuVall (Alice In Chains singer) has never met Axl Rose

funny little article i found this morning: 

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alice-in-chains-singer-hasnt-met-axl-rose-yet/

According to The Pulse Of RadioALICE IN CHAINS singer and guitarist William DuVall told Flint, Michigan radio station WWBN Banana 101.5, a few days ago that despite opening for GUNS N' ROSES several times already on the band's reunion tour, he has yet to meet frontman Axl RoseDuVall explained: "I have not met with W. Axl Rose as of yet, so perhaps that will happen over the next few days."

He added that he understood why Axl kept to himself, saying: "I understand completely the desire, or need, to keep to oneself, particularly on the road when you’re a vocalist and you’re faced with so many challenges, and your instrument is literally your own body. I totally understand, but nevertheless, I hope it happens, at least say hello. I really admire the guy."

• Like 1

I like Duvall. Great guy and does Layne justice!

That being said, normally the reaction might be "oh cmon axl" but the fact is they've probably had conflicting schedules, and whatever axl has been doing before shows is clearly working since he not only sounds great, but has been on time! 

• Like 1

Really bad time to meet Axl, he's likely going through warm ups and last minute preparation which according to Axl takes time and silence. 

Hopefully Axl takes everyone out to eat at some point as a thank you for opening so many shows, and being respectful along the way. That might be a good way to meet him

29 minutes ago, BigD62 said:

I really didn't want to like Duvall because I didn't think anyone could take Layne's place. After seeing AIC twice in the last few months with GnR. I think he does an excellent job. 

You don't just replace Layne, but Jerry needs to carry on. It's unfortunate that Layne has passed but I'm okay with Jerry doing shows with a replacement. I thought they were pretty good when I saw them Vegas. Don't know if I'd shell out dough to see them as the headliner but I don't knock them for keeping it going. Duvall is up to the task and they have a decent catalogue. Why not?

I had the opportunity to see AIC open for Guns April 8th In Las Vegas and I thought they sounded very good. Duvall sounds like a class act and I am sure he will get his wish before the tour ends.