Scotty Moore R.I.P.

Georgy Zhukov

Known for being Elvis Presley's guitarist until 1964. Pretty much influenced anyone who picked up a guitar around that time. Keith Richards, Bruce Springsteen, George Harrison among them. He was 84.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/scotty-moore-dies/

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

26 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Known for being Elvis Presley's guitarist until 1964. Pretty much influenced anyone who picked up a guitar around that time. Keith Richards, Bruce Springsteen, George Harrison among them. He was 84.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/scotty-moore-dies/

Oh my god - he is one of my heroes.

56 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Elvis, Scotty, Bill Black and DJ Fontana might just be the greatest rock n' roll band ever assembled.

And one of the least rated relative to what they actually achieved, i mean they really are the gold standard, them and The Crickets too, although moreso Elvises lot.  Elvis was the selling point but it weren't just looks, us boys are into it cuz of how it sounds and the sound was really something, thats the heart of rock n roll, the swinging drummer, the staunch earthy bass and...well theres no real way to describe what Scotty Moore was up to.  

6 hours ago, st0n3r said:

Well the guy was 84. It' snot like his death is 'shocking'. 

It is not about shock. We lost another legend. He may have not influenced your favorite shredder, but he influenced every notable guitarist from the 60's, 70's and 80's. 

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is only Fontana left, who by the way is the greatest drummer that has ever lived.

Big Band music is the key to good rock n roll drumming, it's simple, it's big and most importantly, it swings.  If you could pin point the first veering off the tracks of the rock n roll thing it's when your drummers stopped swinging.  It's why without Charlie Watts you don't have a Rolling Stones. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2016 at 9:16 PM, Johnny Drama said:

Just found out about this and came back here to say WTF. If you ain't big,  you're not dying this year or seems. A giant of influence. The other seed of Rock and Roll guitar along with Chuck Berry. R.I.P.

Also Carl Perkins, Buddy Holly, Chet Atkins, Bo Diddley, B.B. King and T-Bone Walker. Before we had Clapton, Hendrix, Richards and the rest of them, we had their influences. 

• 2 weeks later...