[Izzy Stradlin] 'F.P. Money' featuring Matt Sorum

Silent Jay

9 hours ago, Un42nutzly said:

Great song!!! Can anyone decipher the lyrics?

My attempt, more than likely inaccurate but this is what I hear.... :)

1, 2, 1, 2, 3
Making fighter pilot money
Fan of gold
Fear the usual

And I'm taking the long way home today
I really got no words either way

Broken deals
Shaking hands
Open fields
Open plains

Fan of gold
Feel a bit unusual

Really in no hurry either way

Open fields
Open plains
Open gates
Open lanes
Open sky
Open space
Open mind
Open place

Fan of gold
Yeah the story goes

Still sweet with flaws
The way all along

Fighter pilot money
Fighter pilot money
Fighter pilot money
Fighter pilot money

Edited by downliner
Decyphering Izzys midwestern drawl takes multiple attempts :)
  • Like 2

At one point I swore he snuck in a

Fight about the money... but maybe I am injecting that

EDIT: Listening I am wrong

and here

1, 2, 1, 2, 3
Fan of gold
Fear the usual

I really got no worries ?  either way

Edited by pacu44
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

CmuapUSVUAA3bEq.jpg

Izzy tweeted the lyrics, they aren't subtle, at least not to me.  He got offered "fighter pilot" money to join a tour where the band would be rolling in gold.  For the money he was offered he'd rather spare himself the aggravation and do his own thing.  My impression is that his noninvolvement in the tour is due to failure to pay him as a founding member.  But I suspect the three "core" founding members think that sharing the profits of the tour isn't worthwhile - he's not going to draw enough people outside of hardcore fans to make sharing profits with him as an equal worthwhile.  Adler is clearly getting scraps and the non-original members are getting paid respectable salaries, not the big bucks.

I've seen NITL twice now, and enjoyed it both times, but it's clearly a cash-in.  That's not a terrible thing, but it explains a lot.

• Like 2

The only thing clear to me is that those are awful lyrics. The sound of the song is good, but I find the lyrics to be terrible.

The repetitiveness is not something I am a fan of on top of it being completely abstract... just not my cup of tea. :shrugs:

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:41 PM, sanity_lost said:

The only thing clear to me is that those are awful lyrics. The sound of the song is good, but I find the lyrics to be terrible.

The repetitiveness is not something I am a fan of on top of it being completely abstract... just not my cup of tea. :shrugs:

LOL, lyrics rock, song is great... Go to the Dome and watch the Taco Bell Brothers play 30 year old songs off tempo...

3 hours ago, pacu44 said:

LOL, lyrics rock, song is great... Go to the Dome and watch the Taco Bell Brothers play 30 year old songs off tempo...

What is the point of insulting the current GNR tour? It has no bearing on Izzy's song nor my opinion of it. However, if you must insult something to make yourself feel better about a song, then so be it.

While I like the sound of the song I personally find the lyrics to the song lackluster and I know Izzy can write better. Good for you that you think the lyrics are great. More power to you.

Izzy saving something for AFDII? All these folks around here looking for CDII, fuck that... I want AFDII, Axl needs to realize, we don't give a token fart about him if it weren't for that album.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

now that we know Izzy said he aint in GNR 2016 bikoz of the money, and with Sorum playing drums on FP Money, we can conclude FP Money is

a) about the tv show 'fighter pilot money' if anyone asks Izzy looking for some online drama

b) about the GNR reunion if anyone nods the head in secret understanding thinkin Izzy is always the coolest cat of them all

• Like 1

• 3 months later...