I can't believe in this lineup until they record new music together

5 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

What difference would talking about their long term plans make? "Soon is the word" can mean another decade. 

I'm sure if they did talk about their long term plans, people on here would find a way to be negative about that as well.  Really, there is so much negativity/entitlement on this forum trying to wrap itself up as honesty, that makes me want to read here less and less often.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Towelie said:

Perhaps foolishly, I just assumed Axl reuniting with Slash and Duff would be a continuation of sorts, picking up where they left off in 1993. But it doesn't feel like that at all. I've watched the videos and the performances and of course I didn't expect it to be exactly the same as the glory days, but I didn't anticipate how empty and corporate the whole thing would feel.

To enjoy live music, I have to believe that the artist/band are driven by the art, by the desire to create. I haven't felt this way about Axl in about six years. It's just going through the motions, a little snake dance here, a middle finger there... it's become pantomime. I don't think I will be able to buy into this reunion until they start performing new music and prove that they're doing this for reasons other than financial gain.

just the fact that axl keeps frank fills and richard muscles on the band indicates that this whole thing has very little to do with good music

• Like 1

Although words cannot describe how excited I am about the show in Dallas (and the superb shows they have been putting on as of late), there is very much a corporate vibe that wasn't here previously before the reunion. With that said, when it comes to the actual performance, there is a genuine chemistry between the guys (there are photos that show this better than I could type an explanation). I think we'll get some new music - not sure when - but I think it was the right move for them to go straight to touring. 

Edited by Un42nutzly

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Guns are over really. I just never thought it would end up this corporate. 

It doesn't surprise me but it is sad.. Especially the ticket prices.. They just make no sense.. They could have filled more seats and let more people get to see them with lower prices.. They still would have made the same profits..

people expect way too much of these people. it's not like they're going to reach one direction level of popularity, and to be honest they shouldn't either. too much success is what ended the band in the first place.

it's duff, axl and slash playing the old favorites live on stage, and that's what i expected. Axl doesnt look like he's 28 anymore, Slash has a beer gut and duff has become an economic analyst. those facts were known long before these shows were even announced, and they should be taken as they are.

regardless, i'm still excited, still surprised by the brilliant performance these guys give on stage. if even the music press is giving positive reviews, that should be telling you something.

and these new songs? relax. they'll get there sometime. no need to rush it. enjoy the moment. everything of it. it will all be gone in the blink of an eye. that's life.

• Like 1

Of course they need new album because Slash and Duff hype will die and then what? I really want new album just like any other GNR fan but you have to understand that album won't be anything special, Duff and Slash are sober, Axl isn't angry psycho anymore they don't have much thing to write about. They are old guys and like any other old rock band they can't write great song about sex,drugs and alcohol because that isn't their life anymore.

Towlie, let me start by saying have you actually been to any of these shows or are you commenting based on youtube videos? I know you live in the UK, that's why I ask. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, because I geniunly like you, let me just throw that out there. ?

Having said that, I don't know how you could be ANY more wrong. CORPORATE? Really? What I saw, one week ago today, was a fucking legendary rock and roll band that can BLOW any band in the world off the stage in 2016. Name a band, any band, they could NOT follow gnr in 2016. You would have to dig Hendrix up himself in order to put on a better show. Its that fucking good man, it really is. Patience ?, they will come to the UK eventually.

Do they need to release a new album if this is going to be a perminate thing, yes of course. But it's really not necessary at this moment. Right now seeing these guys together is good enough. It has an energy, an authenticity, that is completely lacking from music right now. CORPORATE? Maybe slightly. But a million times less than most other bands or artists in there situation would be. You liked MJ, honestly how is this ANY different than if he had done his This Is It tour? That would have been 1000x more CORPORATE and you know it. Besides it's not like gnr are going out there and acting like Beyonce or some shit. They are going out and letting the music speak for itself by putting on great shows. I don't know how you could criticize that. Because of the merchandise truck? Its actually a pretty cool truck, my wife and I each bought shirts from it, all while listening to Pretty Tied Up blasting from the speakers. Coolest T shirt buying experience of my life, even if it cost me $90, ouch.

Which gets me to my final point, are the prices expensive? Yes. Too expensive? Maybe. But fuck it, it was worth every penny imo. Hell I would go again tomorrow if I could. But don't fool yourself, these shows, this band is not together again ONLY because of money. There is a real sense of friendships repaired. They are not going out there, going through the motions, just for a pay check. They feel it, it's real, and that's the most rock and roll thing about it. Sure they want to get paid, but it's not the only reason, or even the main reason.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Guns are over really. I just never thought it would end up this corporate. 

With all due respect, I just see the videos and read the comments from concert goers and just cannot understand the people saying things such as this

• Like 1

I do think the way the band is being run is to corporate. I mean $40 t shirts!?!? Online $40 t shirts! No average fan can buy that. I'm a diehard never thought I would see this day happen fan and I buy random band shirts online all the time. The price you should charge online is 20 fucking dollars. $25 if you want to be dicks. You don't charge $40 + shipping. I want to support the band but there making it nearly impossible. It's like $100 or some shit for a fucking throw pillow $150 for a goddamn blanket not woven by an amish. The shows are great and I can't wait to see them in Pittsburgh. The ticket prices were insane but that is ok in my opinion because the real fans will pay whatever to see them but we won't pay whatever to wear the new shirts and shit that I would like to wear but could be 7 dollars. I saw the old Guns circle logo shirt almost identical to the $40 ones on their site at walmart for $7.

• Like 1

Considering that Slither is better than all Chinese Democracy song combined, it will be all up to Duff and Slash to put out the new music. I think they would be able to come up with some kick ass songs with Axl's vocals. The problem is that Axl no longer has the vocals to record. He will never be able to reproduce the vocals he put in his old album. 

Axl used to be one of the strong points in the band, now he is the weakest. Slash is carrying the tour on his shoulders. And it is just not performance wise either. I just don't think Axl is capable of coming up with one decent song to save his life. I used to think Slash could bring out the best in him. I was wrong. I think Axl has given all he can to the music world. And singing for ACDC doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 1

This shirt right here

http://gunsnroses.shop.bravadousa.com/product/BGCTGR75/sold-out-seal-deated-tee?cp=1158_1497

If anyone buys this they are a goddamn lunatic. The back of this shirt isn't cool at all unless you were there. You can go to walmart and buy this same shirt for $7. Don't try to say the back printing is somehow worth 30+ dollars.

5 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Some people are never fucking happy. Axl and Slash are finally playing together again for the first time in 20 years and "fans" still bitch.

Sometimes I get embarrassed to think that true fans get lumped in with you idiots.

Understand why that does not make me wet my pants as much as you. Before he left GN'R, Izzy was - by far - my favourite member of Guns. During the wilderness/Nugnr eras, Izzy was my favourite ex-member (functioning now as a solo artist). After the reunion, Izzy is still my favourite member. Axl and Slash are playing together, but where's Izzy, my favourite member?

3 hours ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I do think the way the band is being run is to corporate. I mean $40 t shirts!?!? Online $40 t shirts! No average fan can buy that. I'm a diehard never thought I would see this day happen fan and I buy random band shirts online all the time. The price you should charge online is 20 fucking dollars. $25 if you want to be dicks. You don't charge $40 + shipping. I want to support the band but there making it nearly impossible. It's like $100 or some shit for a fucking throw pillow $150 for a goddamn blanket not woven by an amish. The shows are great and I can't wait to see them in Pittsburgh. The ticket prices were insane but that is ok in my opinion because the real fans will pay whatever to see them but we won't pay whatever to wear the new shirts and shit that I would like to wear but could be 7 dollars. I saw the old Guns circle logo shirt almost identical to the $40 ones on their site at walmart for $7.

Except for the ticket prices being 'ok', I agree - and throw in all this VIP, lithograph bollocks. This is not the band I feel in love with. It has barely any resemblance to that band. Guns N' Roses were a band who split up a double album (Illusion) to make it more affordable for buyers, and actually advocated the taping of each part onto cassettes between two friends to save money! Now, Guns will bumfuck you with a $500 jacket!

As much as I want new material everytime I watch some youtube live vids I get that they are a stadium band and have so many classic songs. And still so many songs they aren't playing. They could put out a Worst of GNR and tour that and it would fuel a tour. Each leg they can bring out a forgotten epic and play a new rocker. Bad Obsession and Breakdown would be awesome next. 

6 hours ago, pacu44 said:
Seems some old members can put something out rather quickly... Matt Sorum with Izzy on this track due out July 2016

Hard to listen to this without imagining what what Axl and Slash would have done to this song - would be epic. Axl screaming 'money' and Slash taking that riff to the next level.