I can't believe in this lineup until they record new music together

9 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Considering that Slither is better than all Chinese Democracy song combined, it will be all up to Duff and Slash to put out the new music. I think they would be able to come up with some kick ass songs with Axl's vocals. The problem is that Axl no longer has the vocals to record. He will never be able to reproduce the vocals he put in his old album. 

Axl used to be one of the strong points in the band, now he is the weakest. Slash is carrying the tour on his shoulders. And it is just not performance wise either. I just don't think Axl is capable of coming up with one decent song to save his life. I used to think Slash could bring out the best in him. I was wrong. I think Axl has given all he can to the music world. And singing for ACDC doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah. I thought he'd become burdened with the band and worn down, he just needed a kick and he'd find his old self again. Nope. This is truly it.

14 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Hopefully some ideas are popping up at rehearsals, y'know now Axl actually attends them. You would think over a whole tour somethings gotta pop up that's gonna turn everybody's head and get the ball rolling.

these guys are probably done with rehearsals right now

how much more they need to rehearse the same old songs?

and by all accounts there is no Axl on rehearsals

because Axl was with ACDC during the rehearsals period

so, probably axl has NOT attended them

13 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Considering that Slither is better than all Chinese Democracy song combined, it will be all up to Duff and Slash to put out the new music. I think they would be able to come up with some kick ass songs with Axl's vocals. The problem is that Axl no longer has the vocals to record. He will never be able to reproduce the vocals he put in his old album. 

This is a fuckin joke, right?
Most of what VR did is extremely generic teenage rock, Slither is one of the most generic poppy and commercial song they have. CD, while weird still has personality and some rock n roll momments to it and stands to a legit vision by its creator, Axl.
Slash and Duff sold out with VR, Kushner and Weiland ruined what could have been a great rock n roll band to follow alternative rock, new metal and teenage trends.

Since then Slash and Duff have followed this way of doing things, Slash still has it and has released some real bluesy rock n roll songs but most of it is utterly teenage crap.

Guns N' Roses doesnt need this kind of teenage generic shit.
I want to Believe they still can do a real rock n roll album, but honestly? I don't thrust Slash and Duff at all. I don't thrust Axl either but at least Axl stands to what he believes, even if its weird.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, default_ said:

Most of what VR did is extremely generic teenage rock, Slither is one of the most generic poppy and commercial song they have. CD, while weird still has personality and some rock n roll momments to it and stands to a legit vision by its creator, Axl.
Slash and Duff sold out with VR, Kushner and Weiland ruined what could have been a great rock n roll band to follow alternative rock, new metal and teenage trends.

Since then Slash and Duff have followed this way of doing things, Slash still has it and has released some real bluesy rock n roll songs but most of it is utterly teenage crap.

Guns N' Roses doesnt need this kind of teenage generic shit.
I want to Believe they still can do a real rock n roll album, but honestly? I don't thrust Slash and Duff at all. I don't thrust Axl either but at least Axl stands to what he believes, even if its weird.

I hope you don'y thrust any of them.. Now that would be weird..

Anyway, Slither fucking rocked as did VR.. They went in a different direction as to suit Scott. They still have plenty of rock in them.. Throw Axl in the mix of any VR, Snakepit or SMKC songs and they get kicked up a notch.

Nothing good to say about CD besides it is Terrible terrible music.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, default_ said:

Yes, this.

Slither better than all of Chinese Democracy combined? Are you fucking kidding me? :facepalm: Opinions and personal preferences =/= fact.

Personally, I actually really like Slither, it's one of my favorite VR songs, but in no way do I think it's better than all of CD combined. I can think of at least half a dozen CD songs that I like as much as Slither or even better (I think I actually prefer songs like Street of Dreams, Better, or Prostitute, come to think of it).

Axl has produced one album with multiple songs that I like, Slash and Duff have produced two very generic and boring as fuck albums with VR that both contain about 2 or 3 songs that I enjoy. To me, they've therefore been about equally successfull in their ventures.

(And let's not even speak of their solo records. Slash has produced a ton of shit with a few gems in between it, same goes for Izzy, and I can't even be bothered to check out Duff's more recent stuff.)

Also, as far this not being a real band? Have you people even seen the videos and pictures of the actual shows? Of them interacting with each other? Those smiles and the joy on their faces are real. It's not just a "we're only doing this for the money" venture. These guys have been at each other's throats for decades, for Christ's sake. Give them time to get comfortable and gel with each other again. They're already well on their way there and it's only going to get better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Yes, this.

Slither better than all of Chinese Democracy combined? Are you fucking kidding me? :facepalm: Opinions and personal preferences =/= fact.

Personally, I actually really like Slither, it's one of my favorite VR songs, but in no way do I think it's better than all of CD combined. I can think of at least half a dozen CD songs that I like as much as Slither or even better (I think I actually prefer songs like Street of Dreams, Better, or Prostitute, come to think of it).

Axl has produced one album with multiple songs that I like, Slash and Duff have produced two very generic and boring as fuck albums with VR that both contain about 2 or 3 songs that I enjoy. To me, they've therefore been about equally successfull in their ventures.

(And let's not even speak of their solo records. Slash has produced a ton of shit with a few gems in between it, same goes for Izzy, and I can't even be bothered to check out Duff's more recent stuff.)

Also, as far this not being a real band? Have you people even seen the videos and pictures of the actual shows? Of them interacting with each other? Those smiles and the joy on their faces are real. It's not just a "we're only doing this for the money" venture. These guys have been at each other's throats for decades, for Christ's sake. Give them time to get comfortable and gel with each other again. They're already well on their way there and it's only going to get better.

Chinese Democracy is complete shit. I would be embarrassed to crank one of those songs in my car. Is Slither the greatest song ever? No. But it has something that no Chinese Democracy song has, a fucking hook. 

It is a rock n' roll tune. There is absolutely no rock n' roll in CD. If I want to listen to some weird experimental shit, I'll listen to a different artist. When I listen to GNR, I expect to get rock n'roll.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SWINGTRADER said:

It is a rock n' roll tune. There is absolutely no rock n' roll in CD. If I want to listen to some weird experimental shit, I'll listen to a different artist. When I listen to GNR, I expect to get rock n'roll.

By that standard, you must not like a significant portion of GnR's catalogue.

Don't Cry, Patience, Novemeber Rain, Estranged, SCOM, Breakdown, Civil War, Coma etc... none of these are very rock n roll in the sense you're describing. If you want straight up cock rock with predictable hooks, you'd better stick to Slash's solo work. GnR has always had Axl's finger prints all over it (as it should) and CD is just what happens when Axl's way of songwriting is not balanced out by Slash's and Izzy's influence. 

Slash and Duff (and also Izzy for a large part) without Axl on the other hand are also ridiculously boring and generic to me. They all need each other to make the magic happen.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frey said:

Don't Cry, Patience, Novemeber Rain, Estranged, SCOM, Breakdown, Civil War, Coma etc... none of these are very rock n roll in the sense you're describing. If you want straight up cock rock with predictable hooks, you'd better stick to Slash's solo work. GnR has always had Axl's finger prints all over it (as it should) and CD is just what happens when Axl's way of songwriting is not balanced out by Slash's and Izzy's influence. 

Slash and Duff without Axl on the other hand are also ridiculously boring and generic to me. They all need each other to make the magic happen.

lmao

Every single one of those songs is rock. I can't believe you even mentioned those songs. Those albums had ballads as well as straight up rock n' roll. When did I ever say a rock ballad is not rock?

There is nothing In CD that makes it a hard rock album. Every single one of the GNR ballads had that element that made them rock.

6 hours ago, Frey said:

Slash and Duff (and also Izzy for a large part) without Axl on the other hand are also ridiculously boring and generic to me. They all need each other to make the magic happen.

Since when has 'rock n' roll' equated 'cock rock'? Have you never heard Chuck Berry's lyrics?

11 hours ago, ludurigan said:

these guys are probably done with rehearsals right now

how much more they need to rehearse the same old songs?

and by all accounts there is no Axl on rehearsals

because Axl was with ACDC during the rehearsals period

so, probably axl has NOT attended them

I meant soundchecks

ok?

good

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Velvet Revolver but they were certainly better than ''generic teenage rock''. Also, If you combine the best of Apocalyptic Love and World On Fire, you probably have a great album there.

Me neither but there's some undeniably good tunes on the first album, my favourite would be Loving the Alien i think it's a really great song.

12 hours ago, default_ said:

CD, while weird still has personality and some rock n roll momments to it and stands to a legit vision by its creator, Axl.

Axl stands to what he believes, even if its weird.

the song my world is better than the entire 1996-2015 axl solo-era (live and studio)

it was 18 times better last time i measured it

===

axl wanted to bury appetite in 1989

it is great to see that he stands to... what?

Just now, SWINGTRADER said:

Axl used to be one of the strong points in the band, now he is the weakest. Slash is carrying the tour on his shoulders. And it is just not performance wise either. I just don't think Axl is capable of coming up with one decent song to save his life. I used to think Slash could bring out the best in him. I was wrong. I think Axl has given all he can to the music world. And singing for ACDC doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

I loved Velvet  Revolver's two albums and Slash's  first, but his last two were pretty uninspired--like throwaway  Whitesnake b-sides. Whereas  I felt Chinese  Democracy  was a great disc.