Once in this Lifetime tour

Just thinking given the lack of press, tv, media interviews etc & the uncertainty of the long term future if there is a long term future for Guns. Maybe's the "Once in a Lifetime Tour is more apt until the band come out & tell us if there's to be a long term future. I know the NITL was a response Axl gave reporter a few years ago but what do you think ?

1 minute ago, MrSoftie said:

Axl already said at the China Exchange that he wants this to last a while.

I havent watched it. Was he talking just about the tour ? Just if it's a world tour your looking at something like 18 months to 2 years I'd like them to either do a press conference or tv show & just say either way is there a long term future I. e. wether that be recording or future tours. They've played 8 shows since the troubador I would have thought they'd have done some kind of interview together by now.

21 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

I havent watched it. Was he talking just about the tour ? Just if it's a world tour your looking at something like 18 months to 2 years I'd like them to either do a press conference or tv show & just say either way is there a long term future I. e. wether that be recording or future tours. They've played 8 shows since the troubador I would have thought they'd have done some kind of interview together by now.

He was talking about the line-up. Sounds like he wants this to be GNR for the remainder of its years.

32 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

He was talking about the line-up. Sounds like he wants this to be GNR for the remainder of its years.

That's what I mean without sounding pedantic "it sounds like" isn't the same as them specifically coming out & stating what the future for the band is. I know on other theads I've said take it for what it is. It's something we thought we'd never see but I like many of us would like a bit of clarity on the future.

He also did say he really liked the last lineup of the band.. Which surprised me. I thought Ashba was the worst of all the guitar players they've had in guns n roses but, maybe axl was blinded over the fun they had beating the shit out of fans in hotel bars?!

8 hours ago, Billsfan said:

He also did say he really liked the last lineup of the band.. Which surprised me. I thought Ashba was the worst of all the guitar players they've had in guns n roses but, maybe axl was blinded over the fun they had beating the shit out of fans in hotel bars?!

Ive heard this a couple of times now. Is there proof of such an incident? If so... awesome.

10 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Never heard about that last sentence.  No way DJ Ashba or any of those guys could "beat the shit out of" anyone.  You talking verbally I take it....or sent in the body guards to do it.  

2 hours ago, Original said:

Never heard about that last sentence.  No way DJ Ashba or any of those guys could "beat the shit out of" anyone.  You talking verbally I take it....or sent in the body guards to do it.  

It was a story ashba told in an interview. Some guy was hassling them or something so he said him and Axl beat the snot out of the guy and it was "all in good fun" then they saw the guy in the lobby and took pics/signed autographs or something..