Post Raspy Performance Videos 2016

Hello!

If you are like me and you watch all the GNR live shows listening for Axl's signature raspy voice, then I thought it could make things easier if we have a post where people can post videos of performances when Axl uses his raspy voice. We know he always rasps on Jungle, Easy etc but for the songs that he has taken rasp out of for now, such as You Could Be Mine, it would be great to have a thread where people can post videos from youtube of the odd performances when Axl decides to use rasp on this tour. So, if you spot a performance of Axl using rasp on this tour on songs that he doesn't usually, please post them here! I would like to hear a raspy Better on the verses and Estranged. What about you? Looking forward to a possible Perfect Crime!

7 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

This is my fix.

Axl sings clean on a lot of Guns songs because unfortunately, it seems like he fucked up his mid-range voice quite a while ago. He can still use his high raspy/screaming voice which is why Axl/DC sounded so awesome, and why he always sounds good on Jungle, the heavy part in Better, Nightrain etc. but I don't imagine he's going to stray from his clean approach to a lot of songs.
Axl really fucked himself by not releasing more music. If he'd released 2-3 albums using his cleaner voice he'd have a lot more to choose from in a live setting, but instead he's forced to use his clean voice on songs that people are used to hearing raspy vocals on, like YCBM or RQ, and it doesn't translate as well. He should throw Prostitute or Catcher in the set if he wants to sing clean for 90% of a song. Make OTGM, My Michelle and Nice Boys set staples (because he always seems to sound pretty good on those) and have YCBM and Better as alternates.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl sings clean on a lot of Guns songs because unfortunately, it seems like he fucked up his mid-range voice quite a while ago. He can still use his high raspy/screaming voice which is why Axl/DC sounded so awesome, and why he always sounds good on Jungle, the heavy part in Better, Nightrain etc. but I don't imagine he's going to stray from his clean approach to a lot of songs.
Axl really fucked himself by not releasing more music. If he'd released 2-3 albums using his cleaner voice he'd have a lot more to choose from in a live setting, but instead he's forced to use his clean voice on songs that people are used to hearing raspy vocals on, like YCBM or RQ, and it doesn't translate as well. He should throw Prostitute or Catcher in the set if he wants to sing clean for 90% of a song. Make OTGM, My Michelle and Nice Boys set staples (because he always seems to sound pretty good on those) and have YCBM and Better as alternates.

Nah man the mid-range is still there: 

Thanks everyone! Yeah he sounds very great in ACDC - lots of rasp in all ranges. I understand it must be very difficult at his age to rasp for a whole show, which is why it is very amazing when he does it. BUT, its great to hear it when he does. So please, keep posting if you hear rasp in songs which don't usually have it anymore so we can all enjoy it :) 

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Pretty raspy version of Civil War from Chicago last night.....pretty sure this is the raspiest CW of the tour to this point:

Some good rasp at points in this thanks!! Hopefully we will hear Perfect Crime soon :) 

he sounds more like axl in 2010, I dont know if its about rasp or his clean voice but he sounds  alot better.. There is NO mickey voice at all. 

now he doesnt sound bad but not like axl either, just in the ending parts he sounds like Axl 

why he cant sound like 2010? What happened to him at 2010 ?? He used to be fitter or what ?

Edited by onurbayrak03
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

he sounds more like axl in 2010, I dont know if its about rasp or his clean voice but he sounds  alot better.. There is NO mickey voice at all. 

now he doesnt sound bad but not like axl either, just in the ending parts he sounds like Axl 

why he cant sound like 2010? What happened to him at 2010 ?? He used to be fitter or what ?

Interesting...thanks for posting. These are the exact type of examples I was asking for in the other thread.  

I'm guessing....and this is my guess that he is actually choosing to sing these songs without rasp and trying to be truer to the recorded versions.  I certainly may be wrong b/c as I posted the Civil War example where there was a fairly good amount of rasp.

RQ definitely sounds better with rasp, though it prevents him from being true to the higher register notes.  Sweet Child, I'm personally not so dissapointed with the lack of rasp in it myself.

I really don't know, but wanted to acknowledge the research you've done.  

13 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Interesting...thanks for posting. These are the exact type of examples I was asking for in the other thread.  

I'm guessing....and this is my guess that he is actually choosing to sing these songs without rasp and trying to be truer to the recorded versions.  I certainly may be wrong b/c as I posted the Civil War example where there was a fairly good amount of rasp.

RQ definitely sounds better with rasp, though it prevents him from being true to the higher register notes.  Sweet Child, I'm personally not so dissapointed with the lack of rasp in it myself.

I really don't know, but wanted to acknowledge the research you've done.  

But SCOM; 2016 doesnt really sounds like album version, 2010 sounds like it a lot more. So maybe a little rasp is needed to sing these ones, and why would he choose the bad sounding way if he can sing with rasp, I just dont get it you know ? lol 

16 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

But SCOM; 2016 doesnt really sounds like album version, 2010 sounds like it a lot more. So maybe a little rasp is needed to sing these ones, and why would he choose the bad sounding way if he can sing with rasp, I just dont get it you know ? lol 

I'm out of likes...I don't know man, only he can probably answer these for sure.