GA Pit Arrival time recommendations?

I'm going to the Cincinnati show next week (7/6) and have a ticket for the pit. Super excited b/c I've never seen them before (the last time the original line-up was on tour I was in middle school and my folks wouldn't let me go b/c of the riots, lol) and I want to be sure to get there in plenty of time to get a good spot.

You folks who have already been: have any recommendations about how early I should show up? Many thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

As early as you want. We lined up at 9:30am for DC!

Do you think its advisable to be at the pit during the opener or like 30 mins before GNR takes stage? will there be enough space by that time? I got back problems, so I can't stand for like 2 hours before the show

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Do you think its advisable to be at the pit during the opener or like 30 mins before GNR takes stage? will there be enough space by that time? I got back problems, so I can't stand for like 2 hours before the show

If you're wanting the rail obviously not.  But there's what looks to be a lot of room in these pits.  So you'll just be in the back, but that's like 10 yards from the stage.  Super close if you ask me.

The pits do indeed look very spacious looking at the shows so far, so I will probably not arrive early as I am fine to stand in the back of the pits since that is still super close to the stage. 

Is it easy to get leave pit to access to toilets/bar/food and re-enter the pit? Can you bring your beer into the pit also?

Edited by view
  • Like 1

So suggestions on when to line up to be on the rail? I got to Cincy in 2011 at like, 7:30 and ended up on the rail at US Bank. I got VIP for Kansas City 2013, harassed Jarmo, and walked slowly to the rail with a beer in hand. 

This is a stadium on the god damned reunion tour. I need to be at the front but I wanna know if I need to pack a tent and an ounce. Haha

Edited by Obsession Of Vanity

for Detroit I got to the Pit around 8:30 right when Alice was starting, I got a pretty good spot close the center maybe 6 or 7 people were in front of me, during the intermission I took a piss got back and I basically had the same spot and GNR went on about 10 minutes after I got back, of course as soon as GNR came on everyone was crowding in the center and I am sure it was alot more difficult to get a good spot

I am willing to bet for the bigger shows like Chicago, NY, LA you are going to have to get early and hold fort on your position and either hold your piss in or hope a friend you are with is able to hold your spot, I do not think Detroit sold out of the pit as I was able to get it about 20 minutes before the show started so I am willing to bet those shows who have sold out the pit are going to have alot more people

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SmackMaster511 said:

If you want the rail, be in line early. If you have back problems, bring a lawn chair for the long wait in line. Put the lawn chair back in your ride before doors. You meet fellow GnR fans in line, they'll be cool. 

Are the lines for the pits that long?

Honestly, I plan to check out the line situation in Cincy around 2pm. If there's already people, I'll hop in line. Otherwise, there's shit I can do. There's decent rail space, and it's usually a mad dash when they let the gates loose. If I end up 20th in line, I still have a shot. 

I'll que no later than 5 for Cincinatti, and I'll que earlier if I see people being far more punctual than me. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tsinindy said:

If you're wanting the rail obviously not.  But there's what looks to be a lot of room in these pits.  So you'll just be in the back, but that's like 10 yards from the stage.  Super close if you ask me.

Don't forget the 10 yard buffer zone between the crowd and the stage.

Just now, Slim1023 said:

Don't forget the 10 yard buffer zone between the crowd and the stage.

Yah there's a buffer there.  I didn't really account for that.  Not sure it's ten yards though.  You're closer than all but 99 other people even if you're in the back of the pit, whether that is 10, 15 or 20 yards from the edge of the stage itself.

27 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

The one in Mexico was a lot 

We aren't in Mexico anymore Doris..

:) I meant to ask, I think I know the answer.  Did you go to Vegas.  There was a guy in the pit in Vegas on night 2 having some serous back problems.

Edited by tsinindy

Honestly, I don't think you need to be that early. Some people that were at the pre party in Detroit didn't leave until after 5, got there 5:30, doors opened at 7, and still got in the barrier. Seems like you don't get people queueing nearly as long as NuGNR did. 

• Like 2

Luckily for me, I'm a tall dude, so I will have a great view no latter what. 

I cab't think of a good reason for getting there early, can't you just fight your way to the rail, as on any other show? :P

besides, you loose your spot once you go buy a beer, or use the toilets anyway...

12 hours ago, Nintari said:

This is why I got first row. Just as close as the pit without having to stand for hours and get their 6 hours early lol. 

Obviously if you can find first row tickets in the center sections, that's awesome. Nothing like that has been available for my show (unless they release more tickets). Even standing at the back of the pit is still obviously great. I'd love to be on the rail, but I don't think I am gonna worry about it.