It's Alright or Layla?

It's Alright or Layla?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Layla does it for me. Not that I don't like It's Alright, but having a full band jam with Axl on piano is just too cool.

I agree, but I'd wanna hear It's Alright once, just because Axl could totally sing it amazingly.

It's alright, hands down!! Loved that intro in the 90's. Also liked "Everything" as an intro. But i haven't seen live footage of that one....

Edit: also loved Axl's piano "solos". There's so much feeling in his way of playing piano...

Edited by estranged_85
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

It's alright, hands down!! Loved that intro in the 90's. Also liked "Everything" as an intro. But i haven't seen live footage of that one....

Edit: also loved Axl's piano "solos". There's so much feeling in his way of playing piano...

i saw Layla/November Rain in Vegas 4-8-16 and it was amazing! that being said i've seen It's Alright leading into November Rain in concert on YouTube and it never gets tiresome. if i am lucky enough to attend the San Francisco concert in August i'd love to see them play It's Alright :)

8 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Layla does it for me. Not that I don't like It's Alright, but having a full band jam with Axl on piano is just too cool.

Exactly my thoughts.

24 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

...Im not a big floyd fan...

We're not friends anymore :max:

It's Alright by far. Axl really made that song his own, and in my opinion better than the original. Layla on the other hand is just a regular cover that sounds like the original and it's not that interesting. That being said, I'm actually really glad that Axl's playing Layla instead of It's Alright right now. The intro song before November Rain should always change on every tour. Likewise I was a bit disappointed that Slash brought back The Godfather theme. The intro before Sweet Child O Mine should also change in my opinion. The Godfather theme makes this seem too much like pure nostalgia. "Let's do everything the way we did it before!" That's boring to me. I want change.

By the way, does anyone know if there's a list out there, of every intro that's ever played before November Rain and Sweet Child O Mine?

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly my thoughts.

We're not friends anymore :max:

I knew you would reply me lol, I just like Another brick in the wall better than Wish you were here.

Lalya is great too, I remember when Ron used to play it, it was a great addition, even now I look forward to it, but I would love to hear Its Alright again and a full cover of Another Brick In The Wall. 

I really like Layla, it's cool to see the whole band jam. But. I prefer It's Alright, would love to hear it at least once. Or just Axl's piano solo, no singing, just the piano :wub:

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I knew you would reply me lol, I just like Another brick in the wall better than Wish you were here.

Lalya is great too, I remember when Ron used to play it, it was a great addition, even now I look forward to it, but I would love to hear Its Alright again and a full cover of Another Brick In The Wall. 

All I see above is "I'm not a Floyd fan" :lol:

For the record, I'm such a big Floyd fan that it's 7am local time right now and I was watching this when I saw your post:

eqr1wk.jpg
:lol:

Just now, Nosaj Thing said:

Todd Rundgren.

Beautiful cover.  Axl on piano and Slash on guitar.  Just magic.

yeah it was the best cover during the UYI tour..wish they brought it back!!!

I thought Kansas did a cover..didn't they?