Did it take a reunion to lose Mickey & get back the rasp??

Mickey to me is not the same as using clean voice. It's a weak voice because of wrong breathing and bad stamina. I mean he uses for example a really powerful clean voice in "TWAT" during 2006 shows.

This is just my opinion and guessing..  And i don't think you can compare ACDC songs to GN'R songs.. It takes alot of control singing most of GN'R songs.. and lots of lyrics.. But i think the problem with mickey voice is lack of cardio/stamina/breathing.

Edited by estranged_85

13 hours ago, maynard said:

Axl is getting worse and worse after every show. Shame. But yeah, I see more effort and more motivation than his solo years, that's an improvement I guess. Guess we'll have to accept Axl will sing this way until he retires, unfortunately.

I think Axl sounds fairly good recently. I will gladly accept Axl singing this way until he retires personally.  

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I think the issue is less rasp vs clean but singing from gut vs singing from throat. People are expecting more POWER from Axl, which if you think about it, he uses in vital parts of the songs. I think he balances it out well.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2016 at 2:13 PM, weaponsnflowers said:

It's really too bad he can't get that close to his younger voice. It's just more Mickey. Been listening to You're Crazy and Breakdown a lot recently, and the contrast to present is quite sad. Would love to hear him do growls and wails but of course he can't. He can belt out some good screams, but the growls are gone forever and never heard again. Too fucking bad.

? Listen to u could be mine in kansas city mo,towards the middle thru the end he growls like the album, looks like hes about to pass out but it's definitely not full rasp like 1 time in 2010, but the growls and belts are better imo it's better as a whole for me,to me '10 was rasp but not much push or power,aka belting,but I may be misunderstanding  you.... but hes doing great non the less,

...I share the link -2:25 on is were he starts getting with it for me

Edited by DoubleTalkinJive: AJ
Misspellings, and clarification
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5.8.2016 at 6:00 PM, DoubleTalkinJive: AJ said:

? Listen to u could be mine in kansas city mo,towards the middle thru the end he growls like the album, looks like hes about to pass out but it's definitely not full rasp like 1 time in 2010, but the growls and belts are better imo it's better as a whole for me,to me '10 was rasp but not much push or power,aka belting,but I may be misunderstanding  you.... but hes doing great non the less,

Sure he is doing great for his age, but I mean all those almost improvised growls and howls that he used to do when he was younger. Like when he was really feeling a song or was just really angry he would do all those little growls and/or howls without effort. But now I don't think we could ever hear WTTJ with the growly howl that you hear on the album when the song starts. Those kind of noises are gone. That spot on the video you posted was close but obviously he can't do that with ease anymore. But that's understandable. 

On 8/1/2016 at 6:00 PM, Tiffani said:

Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy...I could care less. All I know is I'll take Axl singing SCOM and PC  witb Slash by his side over Miles Kennedy any day of the week. 

Agreed and I am a fan of Slash and Myles..

Actually maybe I don't agree 100%.. I'll take 2016 Axl every day but maybe not some of the Axl's we have heard in recent years past.. I always thought Myles did a good SCOM too ;) The acoustic ones are money!

• Like 1

On 05/08/2016 at 4:00 PM, DoubleTalkinJive: AJ said:

Agreed.

Watching this performance about 3/4s through made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, so that's good enough a gauge for me!

Fuck 2010! ;-D

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Actually maybe I don't agree 100%.. I'll take 2016 Axl every day but maybe not some of the Axl's we have heard in recent years past.. I always thought Myles did a good SCOM too ;) The acoustic ones are money!

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Damn autocorrect..spelled Myles name wrong in my previous post. Anyway, I've got nothing against the guy. He seems like a nice dude although in my opinion he sounds like there's a frog stuck in his throat when he songs. I haven't heard the acoustic SCOM with Myles..will have to check that out. Perhaps I will come away with a greater appreciation of his vocals.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tiffani said:

Damn autocorrect..spelled Myles name wrong in my previous post. Anyway, I've got nothing against the guy. He seems like a nice dude although in my opinion he sounds like there's a frog stuck in his throat when he songs. I haven't heard the acoustic SCOM with Myles..will have to check that out. Perhaps I will come away with a greater appreciation of his vocals.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AFGnR said:

Will Axl bring the thunderous rasp for Axl/DC like Seville and Marseille etc, or sing with a cleaner voice to begin with on the next leg of their tour?

He will sound just like he did before with AC/DC. Maybe even slightly better considering that his GNR voice has improved a little bit during this tour.

• Like 1