Shows with no opening acts yet

17 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Some guy on greenday forums said he heard of Aerosmith being GNR special guests on Thursday. Fucking exciting if true

They were fucking around. Kids and their humor these days. I'm W Axl Rose on the Green Day boards. I'll gnr-educate (tm) their asses if need be.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I'm gonna ask again, who gets San Diego? This is the last show, right?

In the States yes, as far as we know.   I'm gonna actually say something very interesting is going to happen in SD as far as the opener goes.

either they will forego an opener and play and elongated set....or this is the show where the "big name" shows up as an opener (maybe even unannounced)....there is something to that rumor I feel that it probably did not come completely out of left field.  Also, I don't think the rumor was specifically about LA or the LA shows, but originally an "upcoming" show.  

Purely specifically on my part either way.  One thing for sure, it probably isnt The Cult or that would have been announced by now I'd think.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

In the States yes, as far as we know.   I'm gonna actually say something very interesting is going to happen in SD as far as the opener goes.

either they will forego an opener and play and elongated set....or this is the show where the "big name" shows up as an opener (maybe even unannounced)....there is something to that rumor I feel that it probably did not come completely out of left field.  Also, I don't think the rumor was specifically about LA or the LA shows, but originally an "upcoming" show.  

Purely specifically on my part either way.  One thing for sure, it probably isnt The Cult or that would have been announced by now I'd think.

Metallica certainly fits the description in the article, but man, I just see no fuckin way it could really be them.

Also, isn't that MSL in the article basically proven to be a 100% unreliable bullshitter?

They've been slow to announce openers all tour long, so it seems like business as usual to me... :shrugs:

5 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Metallica certainly fits the description in the article, but man, I just see no fuckin way it could really be them.

Also, isn't that MSL in the article basically proven to be a 100% unreliable bullshitter?

They've been slow to announce openers all tour long, so it seems like business as usual to me... :shrugs:

Metalliva is too big, there's just no way they'd go from playing a huge gig in Minneapolis Saturday to opening for GnR Monday.   

Green day, however...

i agree they have been slow to announce openers all along and that's a good point.  Like I said, I'm purely speculating, that's all.  I don't know anything!

I have no comment on MSL :)

• 1 month later...

So i know that GNR may in fact have a bigger opening band than this to open most of the South American dates, but the singer/mastermind of AWOLNATION just did an interview where he mentions that AWOL may possibly have some tour dates outside the country in November. Orignally, nothing was schedualed for the band to the end of the year, and the fact that the South American dates are mostly in November just kinda adds up. 

Also, Isaac Carpenter, drummer for AWOLNATION, played on Loaded's 2011 album "The Taking", so they have a conection to the band. Duff has played with AWOLNATION on stage twice. 

To get more cryptic, AWOLNATION have been posting photos on instagram and "hashtagging" them with things like "gunsnroses" and "duffmakagan". Isaac also played the intro to You Could Be Mind during his drum solo on the current tour they are on...  

I suriously hope im onto something as both of these bands are my favorite! 

Edited by KeyserSoze