Please bring back Illusions/Ritz version of Knockin' On Heavens Door

Nostalgia is strong with this thread. Nothing wrong with the newest kohd, it's a constant evolution, and it shows. I especially like axl's beautiful new melodies to it and Slash's tough and eclectic guitar. I think Richard should try to calm down and temper because his solos are kinda annoying next to Slash.

1 hour ago, Gilla999 said:

Loling to myself - for over 20 years I have been convinced that he's saying "Give it some ring, yeah". Face palm of the highest degree :facepalm:

That Is hilarious, thanks for that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

Nostalgia is strong with this thread. Nothing wrong with the newest kohd, it's a constant evolution, and it shows. I especially like axl's beautiful new melodies to it and Slash's tough and eclectic guitar. I think Richard should try to calm down and temper because his solos are kinda annoying next to Slash.

Nothing to do with nostalgia. Its about how you prefer a song to sound. It's just personal taste. 

On 7/2/2016 at 7:06 PM, cheesecake said:

I think Coma shouldn't be a staple but something they should play sporadically. 

But I'm guessing Axl is trying hard to make Slash happy as well as a way to compensate maybe few songs that otherwise Slash may not be very much excited to perform. My take is, they are compromising each other here.

It might be a staple for this tour because it was fans demanding it from band members for years, but Locomotive is still another big one they have yet to bring back. I doubt it's about making Slash happy. 

People I swear I'm not kidding...but I literally fell asleep when they played KOHD in Nashville! It was around 5am, I was awake just to see the periscope, but in the middle of KOHD I fell asleep. Just woke up when they were finishing Nightrain. I think this says it all about this version...boring. 

Speed the thing up, for fucks sake!

5 hours ago, Gilla999 said:

Nothing to do with nostalgia. Its about how you prefer a song to sound. It's just personal taste. 

I got to say, put me back in 1992 and 1995 music wise and I'll be happy... Wait I never left it :o

8 hours ago, Gilla999 said:

So glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this. @Kasanova King it's always been one of my favourites to watch live (through the TV) and was looking forward to seeing it in real life so much at Vegas. It was the only thing that disappointed me about the whole night. .

I don't mind the Ritz version, but LOVE the Illusion era live version of it. I even like the reggae..... :takethat:

For me Freddie Mercury is the pinnacle performance of that song. But I know it's all about personal taste, I'm sure others will disagree

Agree. The ritz version is also up there in the me liky version

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ironmt said:

That Is hilarious, thank

9 hours ago, Gilla999 said:

Loling to myself - for over 20 years I have been convinced that he's saying "Give it some ring, yeah". Face palm of the highest degree :facepalm:

??

..well I wasn't the only one ?...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jnfnps! said:

Not too shabby. Good one. Adding it to the repertoire :headbang:

It's the rawest version the nu band ever played without the extra bullshit. Feels like something Axl would release if he wanted to go the Alan Niven route and become a "statesman of rock" ie more mature/respectable 

Edited by RONIN

I was 14 yearsold when I saw ya'll.  Axl was in a zone and Slash was on fire.

We didn't know half the songs ya'll played because Illusions wasn't released yet.  But we Cheered every second....we screamed every song.....because we knew what you were.....GN'R define Philadelphia...the spirit ....the heart....the balls....and the love

..Philadphia loves GN'R....no show sucked....like a dad not coming home.....but we forgave you because GN'R is the only Dad that is real...that can express our city in music.  Everyone makes mistakes....we still love GN'R!

Bring back KOHD.  Slash needs to slow it down...we need the soul from Ritz....Fortus is a badass guitar player

Don't waste his talents on this song

Fortus should be soloing There Was A Time..

Fortus needs to handle Prostitute solo

Like I know he can.

KOHD should be 10 minutes of passion....not 10 minutes of filler....when everyone is taking a coffee break....is total disrespect to what Guns N' Roses did during the 1990's.  

Nevermind Dillon....current version plays much respect to him....but complete disrespect to the masterpiece Guns N' Roses created starting with the Ritz, evolving to Illusions and becoming the all time classic that it is....imprinted in millions of fans worldwide.....it's part of our soul.....

Bring back our soul.

Edited by Kasanova King

Sloppy and loose as hell....yet the song brought more energy and made more people scream their hearts out than any version in last 15 years.

The song used to bring the entire world to their feet in respect

....but it's almost a filler anymore.

You and your fans know better.

Bring it back.

It's about the passion.  It's about the soul.  It's about the love.

Bring back the love in KOHD.  Please.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Thought Philly gave that spot to Sly Stallone/Rocky Balboa :P

Ha!

It's the same spirit.  It's about how GN'R came from nothing, worked their asses off....gave their hearts for their dream.  Just like Rocky.  Same exact thing and that's why Philadelphia will forever love GN'R.

• Like 1

Fortus is a great guitar player.  Why put him in that spot?   That song is all about soul....you could be technically perfect

Play the song to perfection

And still sound like meh.

Why would you put a guy that is working his ass off for GNR in that situation.  It doesn't fit.  It doesn't belong

And it's not his fault.

There's 1 person on the planet that can nail the solo to KOHD.  And you know who it is.

Need the soul, brother....need the soul back in KOHD.

That being said...I'd like to hear Fortus on There Was A Time solo.  Slash did great

..made the song his own....but I think we need Fortus on TWAT....the solo is 100% technical and the best work Buckethead did while in GN'R.  The solo should match Axl's voice, note per note....that's the beauty of it.

Edited by Kasanova King

GN'R brought it...and Philly gave it back to them.  Slash" I always knew Philly rocked...but I never knew you rocked this hard....you kicked everyone else's asses until now'

And the place exploded.   

• Like 1