Seriously disappointed this tour???

MarkIt8Dude

I read the usual gripes on every show thread that are pretty much petty in my opinion.  My question is... Has anyone left a show this tour really disappointed / felt like they didn't get their money's worth ???

We are so lucky to have the Gunners back with Slash and Duff!! Pumped for Orlando!! See you there! 

Judging by the reviews and what people are saying online (outside the forum), people are blown away. Most people are saying "Axl got his voice back" as if he's sudden;y singing completely different now that Slash and Duff are back... when we all know he's essentially sounding like the better end of Vegas 2014. 

Haven't seen it in person but it looks great, and I'll be going to the first show within reasonable travel distance. Only disappointed if the tour doesn't lead to new material by mid 2017 at the latest.

36 minutes ago, MarkIt8Dude said:

I read the usual gripes on every show thread that are pretty much petty in my opinion.  My question is... Has anyone left a show this tour really disappointed / felt like they didn't get their money's worth ???

We are so lucky to have the Gunners back with Slash and Duff!! Pumped for Orlando!! See you there! 

I complain a lot...but I loved both the Vegas shows and cannot wait until Cincy on Wednesday.  Almost bit the bullet and paid $250 for a pit ticket for Chicago tonight (and a 3 hour drive and $150 hotel room, etc).   Nothing wrong with expecting perfection and stating such, but still appreciating what is happening in my opinion.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MarkIt8Dude said:

I can't Imagine that there are to many that have left a show feeling disappointed. The band Is giving It all they got with Slash IMO being the most consistent(Estranged solos are hard to beat). Axl Is not the Axl of 1992 or the Axl of 2010 but he can still put on a better show than 99% of anyone else out there and has moments In songs such as Live and Let Die, Its so easy and nightrain might make you think It Is 1992 all over again.

I've been to both Vegas shows, Detroit, both Chicago shows, have tix for both LA shows and have loved the shows so much that I'm pretty close to buying tix for Cincy and making the drive out...fantastic shows!

On July 4, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Tom2112 said:

Judging by the reviews and what people are saying online (outside the forum), people are blown away. Most people are saying "Axl got his voice back" as if he's sudden;y singing completely different now that Slash and Duff are back... when we all know he's essentially sounding like the better end of Vegas 2014. 

Haven't seen it in person but it looks great, and I'll be going to the first show within reasonable travel distance. Only disappointed if the tour doesn't lead to new material by EARLY 2017 at the latest.

The Friday April 8 show was so satisfying that I bought a ticket for the next night and forewent a family wedding. Best fucking concerts I've ever been to (9 was better than 8). It was a lifelong dream realized. I'll be at Dodger Stadium for both shows also. When the lights went out and the Looney Toons theme started playing I got chills. I looked at the guy next to me and told him this is it, Guns and fucking Roses. Finally. 

Both evenings were flawless. 

So no, I never felt like I didn't get my money's worth. I will be giving them a lot more money throughout this tour.

• Like 1

I'm begining to feel that way. I'm sure all the people who love Sorry, The Seeker and This I Love are having the times of their lives. I'm very happy for them.

I was expecting other kind of reunion tour. For me the best shows so far were Cincy and Nashville because Adler was there.

On July 17, 2016 at 3:08 AM, Padme said:

I'm begining to feel that way. I'm sure all the people who love Sorry, The Seeker and This I Love are having the times of their lives. I'm very happy for them.

I was expecting other kind of reunion tour. For me the best shows so far were Cincy and Nashville because Adler was there.

I think a lot of the reunionists over the years were hoping that Axl would have had a meeting with the last lineup of GNR being Ashba, Bumblefoot, Fortus, Stinson, Ferrer, Dizzy, and Pitman. During this meeting, these people were probably hoping that everybody other than dizzy would have gotten pink slips and been told they're done and best wishes in all future endeavors.

Then Duff and Slash return, Sorum would have been the drummer instead of Frank, we'd get more guest appearances from Adler (at the least what we got now, most the entire tour playing his material) and as we know now, Izzy Stradlin back full time since it appears he wanted that. Axl would no longer be the ruler, it would be a democracy, and all would be justified. And that's not what happened.

Its been axls band for a long time. He owns the name and no one can force him to completely give that up. So he replaced Ashba and Bumblefoot with slash and Stinson with duff, then pitman with Reese. It's clear he just would never throw away Chinese era material since it costed $13 million to make and is forever entrenched in the guns n roses name, regardless of whether or not anyone wants to argue whether the band from 1998-2014 was GNR or not. 

You compromise. You can't always get everything you want, so you settle and keep things fair for everyone. That's what they've done, and it's commendable. 

I'm not saying that CD era should be put in a trash can (although I wouldn't mind if that happens) But there are things that should be the other way around. Frank and Richard should be the guests here. Instead we are having Adler as guest, no Izzy and no Sorum at all. They alternate Don't Cry and Patience. Well I would really apprecite if they do it with TIL,  Better, Sorry and CD. So far it's seems like a sequel of the CD tour but with a better cast. 

50,000 people don't buy tickets because they care about Richard, Frank, TIL, Sorry and The Seeker

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Padme said:

I'm not saying that CD era should be put in a trash can (although I wouldn't mind if that happens) But there are things that should be the other way around. Frank and Richard should be the guests here. Instead we are having Adler as guest, no Izzy and no Sorum at all. They alternate Don't Cry and Patience. Well I would really apprecite if they do it with TIL,  Better, Sorry and CD. So far it's seems like a sequel of the CD tour but with a better cast. 

50,000 people don't buy tickets because they care about Richard, Frank, TIL, Sorry and The Seeker

Fair point. 

• Like 2

On 7/19/2016 at 9:57 AM, Billsfan said:

Fair point. 

i am becoming more disullusioned. i feel like most people come to this expecting more of the material written and performed by the original GN'R and instead it seems they are adding more and more CD stuff. at the start i was curious to see what Slash's take on th CD stuff would be and he's done great IMO but now that i've seen that i think they could cut back instead of adding MORE of it. and i was so happy to see Steven at the shows but i expected it would last through out the remainder of the tour and that doesn't seem to be happening. i feel like the band is not taking into consideration what the majority of the fans want and bottom line is they would not be where they are if not FOR the fans. not saying they should not have a say in what they play but for a lot of us we're here to listen to the songs that were IMO the real GN'R...not NuGuns. there's a reason ( well more than one ) that i didn't go see NuGuns and i don't think i am alone in this. they had their run, but this is a reunion even if it's not the 5 out of 5 and for that alone i expected more songs from the what i feel is the real GN'R. JMO :shrugs:

On 7/4/2016 at 7:07 PM, Tom2112 said:

Haven't seen it in person but it looks great, and I'll be going to the first show within reasonable travel distance. Only disappointed if the tour doesn't lead to new material by mid 2017 at the latest.

Even on BLABBERMOUTH (where cupcakes sit and wait to attack anything), everything was extremely positive concerning the tour. You'd see the occasional 'fat Axl' meme throughout but the positive comments outweighed the negative 'hooray for tolerance!' ones.

@AxlsFavoriteRose I hear ya. Honestly I see both sides to it but, fact is there's still people who don't seem to get what's going on... You may see it as a reunion, the way a lot of people WANT to see it. And the way a lot of people wanted to see it go down was seeing Ashba, Bumble, Richard, Frank, Stinson and pitman all get fired in favor of members from 1985-1993 such as duff, slash, izzy and some combo of Adler/Sorum. 

Mum probably repeating myself but, I'm just saying I don't disagree with you or padme or anybody here. I would absolutely prefer the old lineup to anything new. But considering how much of an investment nuguns was to Axl, and the fact that these are real people with real lives, the only way Axl would be willing to compromise involves NOT throwing away the band just for nostalgia purposes.

Its like being the owner of a business, having loyal hard working people, some even you've gotten attached to. But then you decide to fire some people out of the blue in favor of your friends. Imagine being that worker being put out of a job, how would you feel? I think axls just trying to be fair to everybody..

4 hours ago, Un42nutzly said:

Even on BLABBERMOUTH (where cupcakes sit and wait to attack anything), everything was extremely positive concerning the tour. You'd see the occasional 'fat Axl' meme throughout but the positive comments outweighed the negative 'hooray for tolerance!' ones.

i hit the quote button on the wrong comment and can't get out! i am so technologically challenged :(

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

4 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

@AxlsFavoriteRose I hear ya. Honestly I see both sides to it but, fact is there's still people who don't seem to get what's going on... You may see it as a reunion, the way a lot of people WANT to see it. And the way a lot of people wanted to see it go down was seeing Ashba, Bumble, Richard, Frank, Stinson and pitman all get fired in favor of members from 1985-1993 such as duff, slash, izzy and some combo of Adler/Sorum. 

Mum probably repeating myself but, I'm just saying I don't disagree with you or padme or anybody here. I would absolutely prefer the old lineup to anything new. But considering how much of an investment nuguns was to Axl, and the fact that these are real people with real lives, the only way Axl would be willing to compromise involves NOT throwing away the band just for nostalgia purposes.

Its like being the owner of a business, having loyal hard working people, some even you've gotten attached to. But then you decide to fire some people out of the blue in favor of your friends. Imagine being that worker being put out of a job, how would you feel? I think axls just trying to be fair to everybody..

well the thing with Steven worked out. and maybe it would with Izzy. just bring them on for a few songs ( like Izzy for 14 Years and Dust N Bones ) for this tour. then if there were to be just ONE concert where it was just the original 5 with Ax reassuring NuGuns that it was just for that one. then doing a DVD of it, i know i would be be happy as a clam and buy the *bleep* out of that DVD. and the other point is i just don't want all these CD songs! i can live with Better, it's actually growing on me and i wish they'd do TWAT then drop the others. it's kind of an insult to do all these CD songs IMO, why bring Slash and Duff back even if Axl wants to do more and more CD songs. what was the point in bringing them back, it's kind of a bait and switch to me. 

• Like 1

Being there probably makes a huge difference. It's one thing to watch every show on periscope and feel somewhat jaded about seeing almost the same show night after night. But if you don't follow the whole tour nightly, and go to just one, it's a bloody good show.

No Not for me. It was actually better than I expected. When I heard It's so easy it was such a different experience than the periscopes I have watched! I Bought Tickets to a second show the next day, I was so impressed by the Philly show...

On 21 July 2016 at 8:03 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

well the thing with Steven worked out. and maybe it would with Izzy. just bring them on for a few songs ( like Izzy for 14 Years and Dust N Bones ) for this tour. then if there were to be just ONE concert where it was just the original 5 with Ax reassuring NuGuns that it was just for that one. then doing a DVD of it, i know i would be be happy as a clam and buy the *bleep* out of that DVD. and the other point is i just don't want all these CD songs! i can live with Better, it's actually growing on me and i wish they'd do TWAT then drop the others. it's kind of an insult to do all these CD songs IMO, why bring Slash and Duff back even if Axl wants to do more and more CD songs. what was the point in bringing them back, it's kind of a bait and switch to me. 

The problem I have with the Izzy and Adler thing is, they can't just be popping up for a random show here and a random show there. I find that really unfair on fans who don't get to see either. Like when Izzy and Duff made guest appearances with fake GN'R in 2010 and 2012, they were both in London but nowhere else, which really pissed me off.

In 2010 I travelled to Ireland, I saw the Belfast and Dublin shows and then I went again to the Birmingham show, but London got Duff! And 2012 I went to Nottingham and the Manc shows, but London got Izzy!! I could have seen Izzy in 06 at download but at that time I wouldn't go to see Axl's band, so my fault I missed out then. 

I just don't think its right to have either Izzy or Adler just getting a cameo spot here and there, I would be so annoyed if I went to a show a few days after an Izzy appearance and he wasn't there. 

Maybe when they finally do come to England, I will have to go to London. (And then you can bet izzy goes to Scotland or something!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The problem I have with the Izzy and Adler thing is, they can't just be popping up for a random show here and a random show there. I find that really unfair on fans who don't get to see either. Like when Izzy and Duff made guest appearances with fake GN'R in 2010 and 2012, they were both in London but nowhere else, which really pissed me off.

In 2010 I travelled to Ireland, I saw the Belfast and Dublin shows and then I went again to the Birmingham show, but London got Duff! And 2012 I went to Nottingham and the Manc shows, but London got Izzy!! I could have seen Izzy in 06 at download but at that time I wouldn't go to see Axl's band, so my fault I missed out then. 

I just don't think its right to have either Izzy or Adler just getting a cameo spot here and there, I would be so annoyed if I went to a show a few days after an Izzy appearance and he wasn't there. 

Maybe when they finally do come to England, I will have to go to London. (And then you can bet izzy goes to Scotland or something!)

yeah it sucks that it appears Steven was just there for those concerts, i bought tickets to the one in SF assuming he'd be there and hoping they'd add him to some more songs ( Nightrain would be my dream song .) i still selfishly hope Izzy and Steven will be in SF but very doubtful. if there were a total 5/5 reunion as a one off i'd hope they would announce it way in advance so everyone that could go would be able to and that they'd make a kick butt DVD of it because at this point unless a miracle occurs and they held it in my hometown and i were given tickets i would not be going. i am tapped out at this point!

• Like 1