Melissa Reese's contributions to a new album?

23 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I also wonder if Pitman is around, working on something in the studio. Nobody ever came out n said he was fired...

For all we know he quit on his own. I think it's possible... Crazy but then again, wasn't he always an egotistical jackass to begin with? 

This thread reminds of the time Axl and Slash hadn't reunited.

For fucks sake guys... Brain is not in the band, Pitman is not involved in the "recording process" (there isn't one).

If one day Axl, Slash and Duff release new music and Melissa is hired to play something, I'll have no problem with it, she seems like a talented and creative keyboardist/producer. I'd take a more raw/no synth approach over it tho.

• Like 1

I hope Melissa poses wearing a bikini and holding a red panda, and the rest of the band eating chinese food near to a pool, for the next new album cover, that will be a double album, one called Not in this... and the other called LIfetime

• Like 2

There's just so much talent and potential that's been in GNR. But GNR seems like a cage. It has to adhere to a certain hard rock or metal package. But it just seems like the talent is busting to get out but maybe never will. 

• Like 1

A new album under the hybrid cashgrab is less than minimal. Minimal would be the nugnr thing, so this is less than!

Or to put it another way, if Axl was not going to put out albums when he was trying to establish a new band with artsy freaks, he is hardly going to put one out when he is raking it in playing the 'hits' in stadia.

maybe she could re-record Silkworms? or actually record it, if they haven't although there has been rumors they have. Imagine this song with Axls 2016 sort of raspy voice and some slash guitar solos with a little Duff bass.. Get past all the techno bits, and it sounds like an Illusion outtake with a Chi Dem spin in my opinion. That outro would be amazing to here Slash on.

Edited by KeyserSoze

• 10 months later...

:lol::lol::lol:

Remember that time we all became fans of Guns n Roses and the thought of a new album was exciting because of the impact Melissa could have on it?  Oh man what she could bring toa  Guns N' Fuckin' Roses album...... the possibilities are endless. 

:facepalm:

• Like 2

On July 4, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Carne_asaDA said:

She has recorded with Buckethead and Brain years ago. 

I like that project.  I gotta say though, it sounds similar enough to any given Brain/Bucket collaboration.  Not sure what Melissas contribution is in this track - the bass?

Same with a similar projects that brain, sacutaro and all those guys are on.  Melissa is on some tracks and they sound like the rest of the tracks.

Like she said in her GNR interview she knows when and how to stay outta the way and just add to whats happening around her.  

wow....who really cares to be honest....

a new album that has axl, slash, and duff on it will rock! 

it doesnt matter who else is on the album doing whatever theyre doing, we would still get to hear the 3 together, making music together again! oh yeah and it would still be the most anticipated album of the decade!!!!!

On 5 July 2016 at 5:16 AM, Carne_asaDA said:

I'm done.

Haha Cmon, you had to expect these responses! Well... Apart from the one who thinks brain is still in the band! ? 

this thread has provided a few laughs so you've made my day ?

22 hours ago, soon said:

I like that project.  I gotta say though, it sounds similar enough to any given Brain/Bucket collaboration.  Not sure what Melissas contribution is in this track - the bass?

Same with a similar projects that brain, sacutaro and all those guys are on.  Melissa is on some tracks and they sound like the rest of the tracks.

Like she said in her GNR interview she knows when and how to stay outta the way and just add to whats happening around her.  

Her skills are not professional at all. 

I wouldn't mind her singing backing vocals or even lead vocals together with Axl.

She's got a great voice and I really enjoy her singing on the GNR songs that I've heard from various shows.

She can sing the higher stuff Axl can't do justice anymore these days as far as I'm concerned. Her singing sounds much better than Axl's "clean voice" usually does.

• Like 1

Think she does a good job in gnr, and think that if new music happens she could do something interesting with it. She isn't going to si f lead vocals but a duet or some prominent backup g vocals could be really cool if done correctly.