Melissa Reese's contributions to a new album?

On July 5, 2016 at 1:17 PM, maynard said:

This thread reminds of the time Axl and Slash hadn't reunited.

For fucks sake guys... Brain is not in the band, Pitman is not involved in the "recording process" (there isn't one).

If one day Axl, Slash and Duff release new music and Melissa is hired to play something, I'll have no problem with it, she seems like a talented and creative keyboardist/producer. I'd take a more raw/no synth approach over it tho.

Exactly. It's crazy how some fans think that GNR view Melissa as some sort of secret weapon for the next album. She's there because she's cheap labor, there is no "next album", and Pittman got his worthless ass fired for tweeting how he really felt while drunk.

The NITL tour is Axl and Slash selling out and jumping for dollar bills onstage. I feel bad for any fans who believe that there is more to it than this. That's great that Axl half-assed his way through Black Hole Sun, but it doesn't make up for the fact that only 60% of GNR are onstage.

5 hours ago, 2414225 said:

Her skills are not professional at all. 

Im pretty luke warm about her presence with GNR, but it doesnt take away the fact that her resume is pretty impressive, professionally speaking. Im not a huge fan but her blend vocally with Axl is pretty great.  I would agree that her artistic skills seem to not be up to GnR standards.  That EPK of her writing songs in studio doesnt stand out as someone with great vision.  And she's even commented that she is no longer interested in being an 'artist' and that she's focused on soundtracks and sound design.

I dont even know why I would take time to discuss the merits of her in the context of our band though :) 

9 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

Exactly. It's crazy how some fans think that GNR view Melissa as some sort of secret weapon for the next album. She's there because she's cheap labor, there is no "next album", and Pittman got his worthless ass fired for tweeting how he really felt while drunk.

The NITL tour is Axl and Slash selling out and jumping for dollar bills onstage. I feel bad for any fans who believe that there is more to it than this. That's great that Axl half-assed his way through Black Hole Sun, but it doesn't make up for the fact that only 60% of GNR are onstage.

And when they release a new album you will do what? Admit you are talking out of your hole?

11 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Sure, guy. You let me know when they release that new album. LOL.

You think Axl just recorded another album for no reason? It will come out one day and I won't need to let you know. i'm sure you'll hear about it.

Edited by MADDOGJONES

• 3 weeks later...