Chinese Democracy Secrets

Ive heard all of these before and the TWAT acoustic guitar is just amazing, the whole instrumental can be used for a movie score.

The bucket solo of SOD is not hidden, its the outro solo which is now played by Fortus. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

They could write a novel about the making of this album.

In fact I wish someone should.

So many stories behind it's development, recording and subsequent release.

Did you read the Chinese Whispers? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

No, no I didn't! Maybe I should immediately then?

You should man, its really interesting and it gives really in depth details about the whole process

• Like 1

Nobody actually uses autotune nowadays. Probably melodyne. I assume they probably made that way to achieve a certain effect. Seeing as it can be done to sound much more natural than that. 

Edited by Jw224

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Did you read the Chinese Whispers? 

I never read this one, maybe a few parts, but it's so long and I don't have time.

Also, not very handy, maybe that person who compiled all that could make a PDF kind of file and make it easier to go through and read.

That'd be great!

29 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

There's so much more hidden shit, too.

This. Under Finck's TIL solo is one of the most beautiful orchestrations by Beltrami that is completely buried in the final mix. Thankfully those Rock Band multi tracks allowed fans to hear all the cool shit buried in the songs.

• Like 1

Such an amazing stuff for such an underrated album. Personally just LOVE it. In my ears, CD is Axl's masterpiece, with perfectionism in high level.

TWAT on the video is just awesome. Reminds me the clean version of CD I already have.

Edited by nikosgnr
  • Like 2

Very cool. The meticulousness that went in to the recording and production of this album is Brian Wilson-esque. What an outstanding achievement for Axl, the catharsis is palpable throughout.

Such a shame the cynical internet generation didn't even give it a chance when it was released. Makes ya think that if they released the EXACT same album with the current line up it'd do a lot better commercially and critically simply because it's slightly cooler to like GNR in 2016 than it was in 2008.

Definitely one of my all-time favourite albums, top 20 for sure. 

Edited by cremefraiche
  • Like 2