STEVEN ADLER ON DRUMS!! Out to Get Me! LIVE!!!!

Amazing! Did not see this one coming, to be honest. Can we hope for a guest performance also in Nashville on Saturday? That would make my day, week, month and year I think

1 hour ago, Gilla999 said:

Man American fans make me laugh (no disrespect). The video makes it look like they just stand there? If I had have been there I would have been going bat shit crazy :headbang:. It looks like everyone is just standing and clapping politely :) 

Nah, it's just the byproduct of age and camera phones, since most everyone seems to want to record the moment rather than enjoy being in it.

Back in the 80's and 90's when the core of GN'R fans here in America were younger, there was plenty of body slamming, mosh pits, dancing and general craziness going on. If you watch clips from the 80's and early 90's, you'll notice Axl often stopping shows because fans are too rowdy and nearly killing one another.

19 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

99% of that crowd didn't even seem to know who Steven was if you listen to them.

Well it's not like the American crowd seems that wild and crazy anyway (no offense)..  I can rephrase what i wrote: 99% of the fans don't want Ferrer to go back behind the kit.  Really happy to see Adler play again with the guys :)

23 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

I wonder how it feels for Frank knowing that 99% of the Crowd don't want him to go back behind the kit after Adler played....

I don't think he's offended or feels bad in the least. These guys aren't stupid. They fully realize the importance of the original lineup and understand that they aren't part of it. In fact, most, if not all, were fans of the band well before they got the call to join up.

Listen to comments from Myles Kennedy and Todd Kerns from Slash's band. They fully understand what's going on is bigger than them. I'm sure Frank and Fortus do too, even though they are still holding down the full time gig.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Nah, it's just the byproduct of age and camera phones, since most everyone seems to want to record the moment rather than enjoy being in it.

Back in the 80's and 90's when the core of GN'R fans here in America were younger, there was plenty of body slamming, mosh pits, dancing and general craziness going on. If you watch clips from the 80's and early 90's, you'll notice Axl often stopping shows because fans are too rowdy and nearly killing one another.

I remember Axl stopped in in the middle of a song and said to us to take a step back etc.. That was in 2006 in Sweden. Crowd were absolutely crazy :D and there was both young and old fans. One lady passed out behind me so we had to lift her over the fence to the guards. (very short girl, prob lack of oxygen and water) I hope San Diego will top that night! :headbang:

Edited by estranged_85

In the light of recent mind-blowing happenings, I cannot help but to express my gratitude on behalf of Steven to Slash as the main catalyst for bringing Steven back, as well as Axl and Duff.. What could have been a reunion let-down, is now taking it's full shape and firing on all cylinders. I could go on to and would love to write a possible article on this, but I'm taking a moment to grasp and immerse into the insurmountable amount of hype I've been enamored of.. 

Well, after all, Mick Wall was right...why spoil the fun he said..!!:lol:

In my words... Fuck yeah!! I have never been so happy for Steven... It has taken a long way, but here he is, gracing the drum spot in Guns N' Fuckin' Roses!!! Not sure if my happiness is a result of his, but whatever..this is a moment to relish!! Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Steven Adler!!:drool::lol::D:dance:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Yeah exactly and I'm from that era of GNR fan so that's what I'm used to seeing! I do think the British crowds these days are still more rowdy than what I've witnessed in the US but I totally agree the camera phone thing plays a massive part of it wherever you are too. I was in pit in Vegas and the phone thing did my head in - such a buzz kill

7 minutes ago, History2010 said:

It seems the only thing that could stop that now is Izzy. 

And there's really no good reason for IZZY not to be up on that stage with them at some point. Steven was the wildcard due to all the negative history of how he was fired from the band and subsequently sued them. Logic suggested that, of the 5, Steven would be the most likely not to work out. However, now that he's made an appearance and proved that AXL, SLASH and DUFF have mended fences with him to a point, the odds of the 5 getting together has seemingly skyrocketed.

Unless there is something recent we don't know about, we know IZZY and AXL have been on good terms as recently as 2014 and they've played together numerous times during the past 6-7 years. We also know that DUFF and SLASH worked with IZZY and were on fair terms when they started "The Project" circa 2002.

Unless IZZY has some unknown grudge against STEVEN after all these years, I can't imagine any reason for him not to get up on the stage at least once in the near future.

Someone tell me I'm wrong. Wait, nevermind -- I don't want to hear that!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

I do think the British crowds these days are still more rowdy than what I've witnessed in the US

Agreed. I'm not really sure why that is either. I guess Americans get soft as they older (not me though LOL). I just remember the excitement level that typically existed at every rock concert I ever attended during the 80's and 90's. And not just GNR. But GNR was off the hook. The pits were bouncing every single song. You had to fight your way to the front. Everyone was louder.

I can't recall the last time I saw a crowd like that.

Edited by thunderram

4 minutes ago, thunderram said:

And there's really no good reason for IZZY not to be up on that stage with them at some point. Steven was the wildcard due to all the negative history of how he was fired from the band and subsequently sued them. Logic suggested that, of the 5, Steven would be the most likely not to work out. However, now that he's made an appearance and proved that AXL, SLASH and DUFF have mended fences with him to a point, the odds of the 5 getting together has seemingly skyrocketed.

Unless there is something recent we don't know about, we know IZZY and AXL have been on good terms as recently as 2014 and they've played together numerous times during the past 6-7 years. We also know that DUFF and SLASH worked with IZZY and were on fair terms when they started "The Project" circa 2002.

Unless IZZY has some unknown grudge against STEVEN after all these years, I can't imagine any reason for him not to get up on the stage at least once in the near future.

Someone tell me I'm wrong. Wait, nevermind -- I don't want to hear that!

The rumor is that Izzy wasn't happy with the $$ he was offered.

1 minute ago, thunderram said:

Agreed. I'm not really sure why that is either. I guess Americans get soft as they older (not me though LOL). I just remember the excitement level that typically existed at every rock concert I ever attended during the 80's and 90's. And not just GNR. But GNR was off the hook. The pits were bouncing every single song. You had to fight your way to the front. Everyone was louder.

I can't recall the last time I saw a crowd like that.

Agree, that's the GNR crowds that I remember too. Think it's partly a generational thing too. Doesn't stop me from still going completely crazy anyway, even if I'm doing it on my own :headbang: (with @Kasanova King out there somewhere doing the same)

I was convinced Izzy wouldn't appear at all but now I think he will. Last week when there was all the speculation about what his new song meant, he was very quick to post the lyrics, explain the inspiration, and say sorry for any misunderstanding.

• Like 1