STEVEN ADLER ON DRUMS!! Out to Get Me! LIVE!!!!

41 minutes ago, maxpax said:

Stevens drum play sounds so easy....and his stage presence is just awesome. Everybody's happay with him :)

I like Frank, however Steven just gels so naturally with the rest of the band even still that he blows Frank out of the water.  Damn I think I am gonna stay up all night rewatching these videos and listening to Appetite

11 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

25 years of nonsense and the chemistry is still intact.

As much as I love Frank and the more modern / agressive take on songs, Steven effortlessly makes them sound like AFD all over again.

But I guess if during that 25 years GN'R still play like usual, The AFD or maybe UYI line up, I dont think We can get excitement like this

Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!  This is just mind blowing.... amazing!

I can't believe this!!!!!!!!

So happy for Steven.  Like, honestly....so happy for him....and myself...just so exciting.

Thanks Axl for however you manage to create excitement whether it be deliberate or not....you just have a way....you always have....even if it takes a lifetime.

Oh and for those thinking that Axl just decided that they should do another....those 2 songs were already decided.   It was totally plannned.

I loved how Steven put the fist out for Axl and then Axl just up the stairs for knuckles....

Well played too Stevie......I would've dropped the sticks in excitement.   Played to perfection.  Note perfect.   Not a dick.....cool.   Great drumming...just like 1987.

6 minutes ago, nathanhall said:

So happy for Steven.  Like, honestly....so happy for him....and myself...just so exciting.

Thanks Axl for however you manage to create excitement whether it be deliberate or not....you just have a way....you always have....even if it takes a lifetime.

Oh and for those thinking that Axl just decided that they should do another....those 2 songs were already decided.   It was totally plannned.

I loved how Steven put the fist out for Axl and then Axl just up the stairs for knuckles....

Well played too Stevie......I would've dropped the sticks in excitement.   Played to perfection.  Note perfect.   Not a dick.....cool.   Great drumming...just like 1987.

Any close shot video of this?

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

This can possibly open the doors for a full reunion next year for Appetite's 30 year anniversary!!

Possible, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I could definitely see Izzy and Steven being on stage at the same time.e, but I can't see it being Anything more than what we just got.

I'm happy with this! Good for Steven! Great to see it happen!

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

...oh and before anyone says it. Let's not get carried away. Frank will remain as the main drummer in GnR and he's not getting swapped out mid tour for Adler.

Of course, except if Adler can play other albums than AFD. I would be surprise

Edited by SerenityScorp

That was definitely cool to see. Seemed like old times for those 2 songs. But the future is with Frank if you want new music, or UYI and CD songs played live. He just doesn't have enough power imo to play that stuff. 

It will be interesting to see if that was a one time thing, or some select shows will see it again, or if it will be an every night thing now?

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

That was definitely cool to see. Seemed like old times for those 2 songs. But the future is with Frank if you want new music, or UYI and CD songs played live. He just doesn't have enough power imo to play that stuff. 

It will be interesting to see if that was a one time thing, or some select shows will see it again, or if it will be an every night thing now?

Someone suggested that it might be light what the Stones did with Mick Taylor a few years back. I'm guessing that's what will happen. I'm guessing Izzy will eventually play on a song or two as well and everyone will finally see the original 5 at some point on the tour.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Someone suggested that it might be light what the Stones did with Mick Taylor a few years back. I'm guessing that's what will happen. I'm guessing Izzy will eventually play on a song or two as well and everyone will finally see the original 5 at some point on the tour.

Lets not guessing since tht We guess sometimes turns out the opposite :lol: Maybe They read this forum 

Aw man, I gave up following the shows because I couldn't be bothered to be one of those who moan about seeing the same set on Periscope every night, but I wish I got to see this unfold. He did a perfect job. It almost seems perverse to have him around but only for two songs. As if to say, 'we're on good terms now, we just don't think you can pull it off full time'.

I'm a fan of Frank but there's no denying that having Steven there takes the nostalgia to another level.

A shame that Izzy seems set on burning bridges.

39 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

At the very least we know they aren't short on surprises yet!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nathanhall said:

Your words are mine too.

The Smile of Steven made my day, made my year.... The GNR reunion are being the happiest  moments on year

Now GNR 90 % loading...