STEVEN ADLER ON DRUMS!! Out to Get Me! LIVE!!!!

Just now, Gackt said:

Very happy for Adler, looked like he had the time of his life playing with the band and being on the big stage again after over two decades

Definitely. A great moment that was a long time coming. 

• Like 1

" GREAT to see Adler back, and look at the difference makes to the sound! 

Take note deaf cunts that think Chris can replace Phil"

" I wasn't a fan of the Frank dude they're using but fuck does Steven really make an improvement....night and day.

We need Adler back. "

Even people on AC/DC forums agree :lol:

• Like 3

Just now, BadApples87 said:

Keep Steven full-time.  Adios to that other drummer.  Get rid of the anime character on keyboards.  Bring Izzy back.

We are almost there!

Honestly given the history with Steven, that wouldn't be a good idea at all

He's fine with the occasional guest appearance, and if we can get at least one performance with all the Appetite 5 at once, that'd be fantastic (and maybe GNR's own Psycho Circus of an album out of it)

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

He's fine with the occasional guest appearance, and if we can get at least one performance with all the Appetite 5 at once, that'd be fantastic (and maybe GNR's own Psycho Circus of an album out of it)

I'd be OK with a Steven/Matt combo.  Steven on all AFD songs.  Matt on Illusions.  I just don't think this Frank guy plays right for this band.  And that anime character on Keys has to go.  So not sunset strip GNR.

5 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

I'd be OK with a Steven/Matt combo.  Steven on all AFD songs.  Matt on Illusions.  I just don't think this Frank guy plays right for this band.  And that anime character on Keys has to go.  So not sunset strip GNR.

I have to agree. As many times said: they might be good guys, but they simply doesn't fit in GnR. They are all perfect for Axl's Freakshow, its sad that Axl didn't release music with them under an other name, but if you want to develop GnR you have to say goodbye to 4tus, Frank and Melissa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ya slash needs to introduce songs more, he got quiet after the 80s 

he needs to get involved on the intro of nightrain, maybe that'd affect his sobriety?

I agree, he used to be pretty vocal in the 80s and part of the 90s, and obviously with SMKC cause he was the star. I'm sure Axl won't mind Slash introducing a song or two, but maybe he just doesn't have the desire or confidence to talk freely to such a huge crowd after he got sober. I mean he doesn't even want to take his hat and glasses off, let alone talk. Oh well.

33 minutes ago, Zizy said:

" GREAT to see Adler back, and look at the difference makes to the sound! 

Take note deaf cunts that think Chris can replace Phil"

" I wasn't a fan of the Frank dude they're using but fuck does Steven really make an improvement....night and day.

We need Adler back. "

Even people on AC/DC forums agree :lol:

"take note deaf cunts" - only in AC/DC. :lol:

29 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

They need Frank to play all the CD stuff (same with Richard) and only an idiot would think Axl will let CD go just like that.

Edited by nonok

3 minutes ago, nonok said:

They need Frank to play all the CD stuff (same with Richard) and only an idiot would think Axl would just let CD go like that.

Sadly Axl won't let go of CD.  That said, I think the drumming on CD is very weak.

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

Except Ace and Peter only played on one or two songs on Psycho Circus.

Adler on  drums makes such a HUGE difference and is SO important for the real GNR sound that Axl, Slash and Duff can't ignore it! Fuck, look at Slashs face during Michelle, he felt it. They all know it.

Just go all in already.

If it fails - so what?! This is GNR. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Redout said:

COME BACK TO TWITTER NOW STEVEN!!!

Seriously though i wanna hear from him on how he feels about all this.  He should be bragging already!

I really wanna see an interview with him. He must be over the moon. I'm so happy for him AND for us.

4 hours ago, Gibbo said:

I have heard Adler will be playing a couple songs a show from now on and Izzy coming how true that is I dont know but was from a good source the same person who told me Axl was joining acdc a couple weeks before it was news on the internet

Until GNR release new music,the AFD 5 is the best we can hope for. Anyone know when the last time Adler played Canada was? I'm hoping his past legal issues don't keep him out of the country. I'd bet on Izzy only doing the California shows but I'm no GNR-insider(TM)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

Until GNR release new music,the AFD 5 is the best we can hope for. Anyone know when the last time Adler played Canada was? I'm hoping his past legal issues don't keep him out of the country. I'd bet on Izzy only doing the California shows but I'm no GNR-insider(TM)

If Axl is allowed back in Canada, anyone else in the band surely is.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Adler played Toronto earlier this year. 

EDIT: it was actually August 2015, wow time flies....but yeah he came

Edited by Redout

Now that the excitement has died down a bit, my honest thoughts are this. Steven sounded fine, I'm happy for the people who wanted him to play a few songs - but if Guns is going to move forward as a band  and record new music he isn't the answer. If they want to bring him up for a few songs from time to time, cool. He always strikes me as the guy hanging out at the bar talking about the time he scored the big TD in high school well into his 50's

Edited by fallglimmer
  • Like 1

it's hard to listen to these clips not expecting frank to suddenly turn up and screw up the temp.

also, they need Steven on the next shows so he can give them more punch, something which was increasinlgy lacking during the course of the tour. it started to go through the motions, but with Steven it's all starting to have a purpose and vailidity

19 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

We hanging at my shop here, and my buddy just arrived and I told him about Steven Adler on Drums last night, and we watched the clips. Steven Adler played The Rock Pile West in Toronto Last year, my friends here went to the show.  I have been watching all tour clips and I will say that the Energy for those two songs, and the AXL and SLASH and DUFF smiles :lol: were very noticeable during the Steven Adler drumming. Great for the band to bring Steven back for the reunion. Im happy for them all. Great Tour so far. Im seeing them in Toronto in 1 week !  Cant Wait!

• Like 1