STEVEN ADLER ON DRUMS!! Out to Get Me! LIVE!!!!

13 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

It was really cool seeing Steven up there but am I the only one that thinks that his playing was a bit sloppy?

I always try to respect opinions

But in this case I want to say

I see you Standin'........you think you are so cool..........WHY DON'T YOU JUST...............

• Like 2

I'm of the opinion that his actual playing was ok. I think the incredible awesomeness of the moment is clouding the facts a bit and leading to a big time over rating of how awesome it sounded. Listen closely to the end of Michelle. If Frank got anywhere near that off beat, there would be mass hysteria on here. 

I love Steven. Even my heartless old jaded ass got a little teary eyed when he was grinning like a possum eating shit back there. And when he hugged Slash afterward.

Let's enjoy the guest spots, but the future is with Frank, as much as some hate to accept that.

6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

It is really cool reading this forum but am i the only one who thinks you are a wanker?

Yeah, that my opinion of Stevens playing differs from yours makes me a wanker. I wasn't aware of that.

5 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Let's enjoy the guest spots, but the future is with Frank, as much as some hate to accept that.

No man, the Future is Dizzy Reed.

Guest spots? are you kidding me? Steven doesn't needs to be a guest to play his own songs. 

16 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Can someone ban this dude? ;)

First of all, he sounded great. His playing was awesome..

Even if you thought he was sloppy (which it wasn't) it was his first performance with these guys in 26 years.. He was probably nervous as hell. First time in front of a crowd like that in 26 years... It was 100 degrees and it wasn't even his damn drum kit..

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I'd also be a bit shaky if my dream since 25 years would've become realized.

26 minutes ago, maxpax said:

The most disturbing thing is that all forum members, who were here in that golden era, knows that being an OldGnR supporter back then was almost forbidden here...you were an enemy by saying OldGnR was so much better and NuGnR is a joke. Great times.

Ive always supported all incarnations and never got shit. Its probably how you go about it

10 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I always try to respect opinions

But in this case I want to say

I see you Standin'........you think you are so cool..........WHY DON'T YOU JUST...............

Sleep with your mother? ;-)

13 minutes ago, G-Money said:

TAKE ALL MY LIKES!

Man, that was sweet, look at Adlers face... This meant alot for the guy. 

Im so happy for him, and hope to see him around.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

No man, the Future is Dizzy Reed.

Guest spots? are you kidding me? Steven doesn't needs to be a guest to play his own songs. 

So you're saying cut all the UYI and CD songs? Cuz those ain't "his songs". (You'll probably say CD yes, but lots of people like them. Myself included). Or are we gonna have a Adler/ Sorum rotating kit circus?

Hey, if next year they wanna do an Appetite anniversary tour with the OG5 only, I say go for it. But I don't think Adler could in anyway handle playing a lot of the songs they're currently playing.

I want new music and domination from THIS lineup. I was there in the 80s. It was the best. But I think this lineup can do great things in the here n now.

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

So you're saying cut all the UYI and CD songs? Cuz those ain't "his songs". (You'll probably say CD yes, but lots of people like them. Myself included). Or are we gonna have a Adler/ Sorum rotating kit circus?

Hey, if next year they wanna do an Appetite anniversary tour with the OG5 only, I say go for it. But I don't think Adler could in anyway handle playing a lot of the songs they're currently playing.

I want new music and domination from THIS lineup. I was there in the 80s. It was the best. But I think this lineup can do great things in the here n now.

Who said I dont like CD songs? I love Better and TIL

Whats wrong if Steven plays? he deserves to be there, if they want Frank to play CD songs, no problem for me.

Well everyone wanted music from any line up of GNR and had very high hopes too, but well no shit happened.

So if Steven and Izzy are involved in making new songs, then there is nothing wrong. 

Just now, Slash787 said:

Who said I dont like CD songs? I love Better and TIL

Whats wrong if Steven plays? he deserves to be there, if they want Frank to play CD songs, no problem for me.

Well everyone wanted music from any line up of GNR and had very high hopes too, but well no shit happened.

So if Steven and Izzy are involved in making new songs, then there is nothing wrong. 

Ok man- sorry I misunderstood. Maybe you misunderstand me too. I think it's awesome Steven is playing a couple songs. I wish like hell it happened in KC, and hope it continues. I'm just seeing a lot of things said about how it sounded so much better than Frank, etc. I'm not buying into that. I'm not afraid to give my oh so unpopular opinion on the matter- I think that today, Frank is a much better overall GnR drummer than anybody. 

Adler was on Appetite, and nobody can take that away from him. But the perils of rock n roll decadence physically hurt him in ways that he's now a notch below the quality required to dominate the world.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

But the perils of rock n roll decadence physically hurt him in ways that he's now a notch below the quality required to dominate the world.

I get what you're saying, but I can't agree with that. I don't know if you've heard the Adler album or seen any of the youtube footage of him with his band - or even these songs from Cincinatti - I'd say he's still got the chops without question. Yes, his addictions earned him a stroke and lost him a lot of credibility with the GNR fanbase, but he's been sober for - what 2 or 3 years now? Which is pretty damn impressive for someone who was consistently relapsing over a 20 year period, and DESPITE those relapses, he's still got the goods. Still one of the best rock drummers going, for my money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

I will cry like a baby if Izzy shows up too. 

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven together, even thinking about this is making me cry, this means so much to me. 

For me GNR comes on number one, I love all of them and just have some personal connection with all the 5 of them as some of the other fans on here.

So this is very emotional for me, it may sound stupid to people, but man if Izzy shows up then my life would be just complete. 

Same for me!   These 5 guys got me through a very abusive traumatizing childhood.  And I can still remember the very first time I heard them on the radio...I can't say that about any other band.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

I get what you're saying, but I can't agree with that. I don't know if you've heard the Adler album or seen any of the youtube footage of him with his band - or even these songs from Cincinatti - I'd say he's still got the chops without question. Yes, his addictions earned him a stroke and lost him a lot of credibility with the GNR fanbase, but he's been sober for - what 2 or 3 years now? Which is pretty damn impressive for someone who was consistently relapsing over a 20 year period, and DESPITE those relapses, he's still got the goods. Still one of the best rock drummers going, for my money.

Do you think he would have the stamina to play the current 2.5 hour type of show they are currently playing?