STEVEN ADLER ON DRUMS!! Out to Get Me! LIVE!!!!

16 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Yup about an hour west of Beantown proper...........They must have sold pretty well to add a second show......in any case I have been checking every day on stub hub and no section A seats for less than about $200 a ticket so I will wait unitl close to show day and see what I can grab..........

Saw a couple in Section A for 120 yesterday. If I see something like thatagain, I am going to grab a couple for my cousins. They really want to go but have a hard time spending that much for tix.. On a Tuesday night

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Saw a couple in Section A for 120 yesterday. If I see something like thatagain, I am going to grab a couple for my cousins. They really want to go but have a hard time spending that much for tix.. On a Tuesday night

Which show are you going to?

15 hours ago, James Bond said:

Solution to the "Frank playing vs. Adler playing debate."

Adler plays all the Appetite/Lies stuff, Frank plays everything else. It's not the first time the idea of two drummers has come up for Guns N' Roses. It might be overkill, but hey, why not? Axl doesn't have to fire Frank and Steven gets to play what is rightfully his. The best part? No Matt Sorum drum solo to sit through!

im good w frank playing the seeker.  adler can do the rest.

• Like 3

Sucks so much they didn't play Cleveland because you know he'd have been there, Cleveland is his hometown. This is how the entire tour should be you can tell by the way the entire band is transformed in these 2 songs that Steve is like the most integral part of this being a reunion at this point. This is insanely like watching old Guns videos, Fortus for Izzy really doesn't matter at all at least from a live perspective. The shows would be so much more exciting and spontaneous and GN'R like if you had Steven doing every song. He's a professional drummer it's not like he wouldn't know what to with the other drummers songs or something. Also cool that he did 2 relatively random songs. I would have thought with a guest spot he's come out and do like Brownstone or Sweet Child or Rocket Queen which all would have been sweet but you would never have guessed it would be these 2. He really should have came back out at the end for Paradise that part doesn't make any sense not to. I can't believe he had to leave to give the kit back to Frank lol that makes no sense in the first place.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

Sucks so much they didn't play Cleveland because you know he'd have been there, Cleveland is his hometown. This is how the entire tour should be you can tell by the way the entire band is transformed in these 2 songs that Steve is like the most integral part of this being a reunion at this point. This is insanely like watching old Guns videos, Fortus for Izzy really doesn't matter at all at least from a live perspective. The shows would be so much more exciting and spontaneous and GN'R like if you had Steven doing every song. He's a professional drummer it's not like he wouldn't know what to with the other drummers songs or something. Also cool that he did 2 relatively random songs. I would have thought with a guest spot he's come out and do like Brownstone or Sweet Child or Rocket Queen which all would have been sweet but you would never have guessed it would be these 2. He really should have came back out at the end for Paradise that part doesn't make any sense not to. I can't believe he had to leave to give the kit back to Frank lol that makes no sense in the first place.

Absolutely! With all respect to Slash and Duff, Steven is the congealing force that keeps them together..as well as his passion for reunion that kicks the entire band in the 5th gear!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I imagine tickets at those prices don't last long!..Going to the Cape today  for a week so will be checking often from the beach for Tueday night tickets as the wife is out of town on business for the Wednesday night show. If I see something $150 and under I will grab them.........

28 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

Steven definatley changes the dynamic of the band...as much as I love Izzy he was not much of a mover on stage back in the day so Fortus does a good job on second gun to Slash.............still would love to see all five live again...........

I wonder if Adlers appearance opened Axl's eyes to how good they still are together. Not saying he's going to go and fire Frank I don't see that happening but surely he must've seen a difference in sound and how the band got a lift from it. Hopefully it leads to more appearances from Adler. 

Edited by Gold top 78
  • Like 3

Below The statistically most played songs by Adler (band) , adler's appetite and GNR.
the average GNR setlist consist of 25 songs, If adler definitely return to gnr as a full member, probably this will be the setlist:

Songs played by both GNR and Adler (band) (13 songs):
Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City, My Michelle, Rocket Queen, It's So Easy, Out Ta Get Me
Used to Love Her, Patience, Civil War, Knockin' on Heaven's Door

GNR Songs played by Adler (band), and Adler's appetite (3 songs)
Move to the City, Reckless Life, Anything Goes

3 solos:
1 slash guitar solo, 1 slash+fortus jam, 1 adler drum solo

1 song sung by Duff:
New Rose/Attitude /Raw Power

1  cover of a Adler (band) song:
"Just Don't Ask"  (this song features slash on lead guitar, and was released on Back from the Dead (album) on 2012

the other 4 most played songs only played by GNR, on this NITL tour:
Don't Cry (this song is played since 1986, but only released on UYI albums in 1991)
Better, Chinese Democracy, Double Talkin' Jive

Songs that will be sporadically played:
Live and Let Die, You Could Be Mine, Estranged, November Rain, This I Love, Coma, There Was a Time, Yesterdays

conclusion:
or we will have Adler as a special guest or as a full member, same goes to Izzy, I don't think GNR will have 2 drummers, or 3 guitar players .

Adler proven he is able to play at least 20 GNR songs,  I think he was secretly rehearsing 2 or 3chinese democracy songs, maybe the easiest songs.

for the illusions songs maybe he plays, civil war + 3 songs
I am curious to see him play you could be mine, estranged, november rain etc
to the people complaining that they don't play songs like bad obssesion, perfect crime, right next door to hell, so fine, get in the ring etc
maybe Adler will play this songs.

6 minutes ago, comboguns said:

Maybe Adler dont play any Illusions songs, I am based on setlist statistics, maybe Adler only plays Civil war, KOHD and more 2 Illusions songs.

I'm not understanding this...if Adler becomes a "full time" member I'm guessing he would have to learn the catalog of songs and be able to play them all....which I personally feel HE CAN DO.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, comboguns said:

Maybe Adler dont play any Illusions songs, I am based on setlist statistics, maybe Adler only plays Civil war, KOHD and more 2 Illusions songs.

I don't even know what this thread is about. It makes no sense :shrugs:

Looks like they will make him play only AFD songs because that's his "safe" material and really there would be no reason for him to play songs he wasn't part of, as he is a guest drummer not the official drummer.

I think the election of OTGM and adding MM was perfect. It was the right moment of the night for a surprise and they were two AFD songs played in a row, perfect for a guest spot before going into Nightrain, right before the Encore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't even know what this thread is about. It makes no sense :shrugs:

Looks like they will make him play only AFD songs because that's his "safe" material and really there would be no reason for him to play songs he wasn't part of, as he is a guest drummer not the official drummer.

I think the election of OTGM and adding MM was perfect. It was the right moment of the night for a surprise and they were two AFD songs played in a row, perfect for a guest spot before going into Nightrain, right before the Encore.

No, this setlist is based on ADLer being a official drummer.

half of the setlist consist of AFD songs, the rest will be divided among gnr lies, Illusions, spaghetti, chinese democracy etc

The gnr without steven is playing 9 of the 12 AFD songs, with steven we will have more AFD and less Illusions, thats my opinion

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think Steven would be perfect for the AFD Vegas Residency to celebrate 30 Years of Destruction. They would basically play AFD and some other AFD era material. 

Vegas Residency now?  LOL

Just now, wasted said:

Why not? 5k a ticket. You'd be there for the AFD line up for sure. If you could afford it. 

No one is paying 5K a ticket for a fully reunited AFD lineup and guaranteed album front to back...well let me rephrase.  People will pay that, but not enough to support a residency.  One show?  Maybe yah, but you said, "residency".  

Residencies are for bands that are dying... as GnR was before they regrouped.    

You take things a bit literally. It was an idea for a AFD reunion line up. I see it being slightly smaller thing to celebrate AFD but it might be more exclusive. Ok they might play a arena or just play AFD with Steven then tackle some songs he's worked on to round it out. Other than that Steven will just be a guest.