STEVEN ADLER ON DRUMS!! Out to Get Me! LIVE!!!!

5 hours ago, Towelie said:

I can't believe anyone actually believed this horseshit. Ashba's whole "stepping down" to make way for Slash thing was just him saving face. Do you really believe that Axl would've held off from reuniting with Slash just to appease DJ Ashba?

Why not. Axl is extremely loyal, and he and Ashba are close friends.

5 hours ago, nickzark said:

Everyone wants Adler back.But to be fair not resign Frank.They can both be in group.Thats my opinion

Exactly! If anything, just increase adlers role to playing all of the appetite material and civil war. Let Frank handle the rest..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Exactly! If anything, just increase adlers role to playing all of the appetite material and civil war. Let Frank handle the rest..

Slowly (ahem- as soon as possible) wean Frank's role away...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Original said:

Slowly (ahem- as soon as possible) wean Frank's role away...

That's just unlikely and unnecessary. Frank's doing great. I'm up for more of a role for Adler but I'm not kicking Frank to the curb for doing nothing, and Axl will never do that. 

Edited by Billsfan

13 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

My hope is that Adler opens the west coast shows and then comes out and plays a few songs like how Duff's Loaded opened for GNR at Key Arena in 2011! I'm going to the Seattle show and would love to see Steven's band as the opener!

If it's Steven and Frank, what does that mean for the future? Do people really think that's a long-term tenable position? It's like Metallica having Newsted and Trujillo. And assuming that new music will come, who goes into the studio? Both?

5 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

If it's Steven and Frank, what does that mean for the future? Do people really think that's a long-term tenable position? It's like Metallica having Newsted and Trujillo. And assuming that new music will come, who goes into the studio? Both?

Yeah this is a fucked up situation, but Axl is not going to kick out Ferrer.

Axl doesn't cares about the album, look at CD, we got 3 drummers on it, First Josh Freese recorded the whole album, then brain re re recorded the album, then frank added bits and pieces to the songs.

So they might divide Steven and Frank on the songs, if they are going to work on CD2 then I don't think so they will tell Steven to re re re re record the parts cause Frank has already done that. 

4 minutes ago, starlight said:

what about bringing Matt back for the UYI tracks? He sounds better than Frank in my opinion

Steven and Matt on the drums would be the best thing possible. Matt is way better than Frank. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

That's just unlikely and unnecessary. Frank's doing great. I'm up for more of a role for Adler but I'm not kicking Frank to the curb for doing nothing, and Axl will never do that. 

Dont think there's anything unreasonable with letting Adler handle all of the Appetite and Lies material and let Frank deal with the Illusions and CD stuff. 

• Like 2

Enough with the "what can or can't Steven play" stuff.

Bottom line is that the ULTIMATE set list would be:

1.  Every song from Appetite start to finish.

2.  Patience, Used to Love Her, Reckless Life

3.  Civil War, KOHD, and a few Illusion songs which Steven originally did demos for.

Done and done.

5 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Enough with the "what can or can't Steven play" stuff.

Bottom line is that the ULTIMATE set list would be:

1.  Every song from Appetite start to finish.

2.  Patience, Used to Love Her, Reckless Life

3.  Civil War, KOHD, and a few Illusion songs which Steven originally did demos for.

Done and done.

yup that would be the ideal thing to do

Choosing the set-list based on what Alder can play? Maybe they can change the name of the band to Adler N'Roses while they're at it? 

All things considered getting to guest on 2 songs every night isn't a bad deal for Adler.  

I just teared up looking at that gif of Axl and Steven fist bumping lol.

I'm so glad he gets this opportunity!!! Now it's Izzy's turn. While I like the surprise aspect of Steven popping up, if Izzy plays with them I wish there would be advance warning cos I would legit fly wherever to see him with them.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Choosing the set-list based on what Alder can play? Maybe they can change the name of the band to Adler N'Roses while they're at it? 

All things considered getting to guest on 2 songs every night isn't a bad deal for Adler.  

Slash? Is that you?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

I just teared up looking at that gif of Axl and Steven fist bumping lol.

I'm so glad he gets this opportunity!!! Now it's Izzy's turn. While I like the surprise aspect of Steven popping up, if Izzy plays with them I wish there would be advance warning cos I would legit fly wherever to see him with them.

Its really great seeing Steven there.

If Izzy joins then it would be really a dream come true.

• Like 1

On July 9, 2016 at 5:56 PM, Modano09 said:

Bring Adler back isn't going to lead to thousands of additional fans rushing the stadium screaming "Oh my God it's Steven Adler!!!!"

I'll tell you what. I ain't going anywhere to see the band without Adler. 

Something tells me I'm not the only one thinking this way... 

• Like 1

Just now, AncientEvil80 said:

I'll tell you what. I ain't going anywhere to see the band without Adler. 

Something tells me I'm not the only one thinking this way... 

Adding Steven and Izzy will make me want to go more to see the band, I would even pay $300 extra just for Steven to be up there. 

So yeah there are many fans who want to see Steven.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Having two drummers is trying way too hard.

If they want Steven in, then have him learn all the songs. I mean he wants back in so playing all the GnR catalogue should not be a problem for him.

Frank isn't going anywhere, Steven will keep doing his two or so songs a night from time to time and that will be that. He isn't coming back full time.

Edited by fallglimmer