STEVEN ADLER ON DRUMS!! Out to Get Me! LIVE!!!!

11 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Minority?! It's common sense. What evidence do you possibly have to support a theory that Frank's going anywhere? I think before you challenge something like that you should source something yourself.

You are attributing a “theory” to me that is false.  I have made no such statements.

The poster made declaratory statements of fact.  I asked him to source his “facts” for us.  He has not.

13 minutes ago, JustanUrchin said:

You are attributing a “theory” to me that is false.  I have made no such statements.

The poster made declaratory statements of fact.  I asked him to source his “facts” for us.  He has not.

because Frank is the official drummer of Guns n Roses and we have been given no reason to think Axl would fire him?

12 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Is it trying way too hard?  I consider Steven's thing more of a guest appearance than touring with 2 drummers. Just like when the Stones had Mick Taylor back a few years ago

I'm not talking about guest appearances. I'm talking about embarking on a tour with two drummers who would switch seats before or after AFD songs...
If you are the GnR drummer, you should be able to play all GnR songs ( as I'm sure Steven is ) and not have to switch as soon as this or that song comes up in the setlist.

It's just absurd. Imagine Slash walking backstage and Bumblefoot coming back as soon as a Chinese Democracy song pops up...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Randy Jesus said:

No a incompetent minority says Adler should come back full time. The competent Majority knows that Frank is the best for the time being since Adler's health is a major issue. The stroke and the battle with addiction have taken its toll. I would love for him to come back and be able to physically and mentally do a full tour with out a secondary drummer. However that it is very unlikely.

I'm not so sure that the "competent majority" thinks that way bud.  I'm almost positive if you were to poll all GN'R fans worldwide, everyone that has bought their albums, they would pick Adler over Frank....and pretty sure it wouldn't be close.

That being said, I personally think "baby steps" is the way to go with this thing.  Everyone seems to be getting along and having a great time.  Let's not rock the boat.  Having Adler for a few songs every night is fine for now....as the tour progresses maybe we'll get him for a few more.  Maybe by next year they trust him enough to do a half a set...and maybe one day he'll help them record new music.  

As for Frank, Axl has shown that he is loyal to those that are loyal to him, so I doubt he goes anywhere unless he decides to leave.

• Like 1

People saying Steven cannot play all the songs? you must be kidding me

He looks better than all of them, the dude had a back surgery and he is playing better than ever

When I injured my back, it took 6 months for me to recover and Steven is 30 years older than me

There are some also who say Izzy cannot play, look at the amount of music he did even after leaving GNR, what more proof you need?

Just cause Izzy doesn't tours then it means he cannot play? Steven and Izzy can be easily there full time without a problem. 

Slash and Axl should take some lessons from Steven and Izzy in how to stay fit. 

"frank is the official drummer so he should stay where he is" 

=> because in GNR history we have seen how much value is to be given to the "official member status", eh? can you count from the top of your head all the "official members" since the appetite 5? I sure as hell can't.

Steven is an ORIGINAL member, frank isn't. brain wasn't, josh wasn't, and neither was Matt. Steven: that's the one and only folks.

He has a HELL of a lot more reason to be behind that kit.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, fallglimmer said:

because Frank is the official drummer of Guns n Roses and we have been given no reason to think Axl would fire him?

Hmm.  Where is that CSI:GnR guy/gal I saw in another thread?  We need to get him/her on the case.  You declared:  “Frank isn't going anywhere, Steven will keep doing his two or so songs a night from time to time and that will be that. He isn't coming back full time.”  Those are presented as factual statements.  Without sourcing.

Adler’s third replacement drummer is the “official” drummer?  I’m looking at the band’s official site, and I see nada indicating which performer is “official” or anything indicating who is even in the band. 

What is this band’s business entity?  Is it a continuation of a partnership that commenced in ’91?  A partnership merged into a new entity?  Who are the partners in the partnership?  Does Adler once again have an equity share in the partnership?  How does the partnership or other agreement assign decision-making about touring performers?  Recording performers?  And are these matters separate and distinct from who retains ownership of the brand (band) name?

Your statements also happen to be contrary to comments of the majority in this thread (and on social media) as they envision Adler’s role.  And your statements don't jive with the known facts of the surge in fan enthusiasm when Adler hits the stage and reviewers’ comments (who’ve attended shows) about the electricity in the stadium when Adler appears.

In good fun regarding factual statements versus opinion couched as fact, here is mine:  Adler’s grandpa was a televangelist who in 1990 boldly predicted Stevie’s triumphant return to his band in 2016.  He further predicted that his grandson’s third replacement would become an OTR driver carrying his kit in his rig and drumming at truck stops by 2017.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustanUrchin said:

Hmm.  Where is that CSI:GnR guy/gal I saw in another thread?  We need to get him/her on the case.  You declared:  “Frank isn't going anywhere, Steven will keep doing his two or so songs a night from time to time and that will be that. He isn't coming back full time.”  Those are presented as factual statements.  Without sourcing.

Adler’s third replacement drummer is the “official” drummer?  I’m looking at the band’s official site, and I see nada indicating which performer is “official” or anything indicating who is even in the band. 

What is this band’s business entity?  Is it a continuation of a partnership that commenced in ’91?  A partnership merged into a new entity?  Who are the partners in the partnership?  Does Adler once again have an equity share in the partnership?  How does the partnership or other agreement assign decision-making about touring performers?  Recording performers?  And are these matters separate and distinct from who retains ownership of the brand (band) name?

Your statements also happen to be contrary to comments of the majority in this thread (and on social media) as they envision Adler’s role.  And your statements don't jive with the known facts of the surge in fan enthusiasm when Adler hits the stage and reviewers’ comments (who’ve attended shows) about the electricity in the stadium when Adler appears.

In good fun regarding factual statements versus opinion couched as fact, here is mine:  Adler’s grandpa was a televangelist who in 1990 boldly predicted Stevie’s triumphant return to his band in 2016.  He further predicted that his grandson’s third replacement would become an OTR driver carrying his kit in his rig and drumming at truck stops by 2017.

Just this last show Axl said that Frank was celebrating his 10th year in the band. Also what the fans want has nothing to do with reality, which is that Frank is the drummer and they are allowing Steven to guest on a few songs. 

Edited by fallglimmer

11 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I'm not so sure that the "competent majority" thinks that way bud.  I'm almost positive if you were to poll all GN'R fans worldwide, everyone that has bought their albums, they would pick Adler over Frank....and pretty sure it wouldn't be close.

That being said, I personally think "baby steps" is the way to go with this thing.  Everyone seems to be getting along and having a great time.  Let's not rock the boat.  Having Adler for a few songs every night is fine for now....as the tour progresses maybe we'll get him for a few more.  Maybe by next year they trust him enough to do a half a set...and maybe one day he'll help them record new music.  

As for Frank, Axl has shown that he is loyal to those that are loyal to him, so I doubt he goes anywhere unless he decides to leave.

I think you are missing what I am saying.

Adler was fired, 26 years ago, and it was entirely his own fault. He spent 26 years blaming everyone but himself while often times making a fool of himself and proving exactly why he was fired in the first place. At the very least I don't think Frank should be thrown out of the band to accommodate an Adler return, especially given how much of a risk Adler is.

I just feel bad for Frank. He's like that step-dad who's been good to his wife and step-kids for years and now he's yesterday's news because the junkie dad's had it together for 6 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Let's analyse the post-Illusion songs Adler has played,

'Civil War' (Illusion 2 and live at Farm Aid)

'Knockin' On Heaven's Door' (played live countless times: definitive version is live from the Marquee 1987).

'Back Off Bitch' (demoed and played live countless times during the club days)

'Perfect Crime' (played live during club days)

'Don't Cry' (demoed and played live countless times during club days)

'You Could Be Mine' (written and rehearsed at SIR during making of Appetite)

'Don't Damn Me' (Mates Rehearsal)

'Garden of Eden' (Mates Rehearsal)

'Locomotive' (Mates Rehearsal)

'Dust N' Bones' (Mates Rehearsal).

'Down On The Farm' (Farm Aid)

That is ten Illusion songs (and one Spaghetti) demoed, played live and/or rehearsed by Adler, four of which are concert staples.

He would have had a more than passing acquaintance with November Rain, Yesterdays, Bad Obsession and The Garden also, seeing as there are extent demos from the 1980s recorded by various members.

The idea that Adler cannot play Illusion is clearly hokum.

It's not an inability to play the Illusions tracks that's stopping the rest of the band making him the permanent drummer in my opinion. It's them not wanting to take a risk based on Stevens recent history. They want him there and want him involved, hence why he's been invited, but it's clear that they can't kick Frank out and make Steven the full time drummer.

id personally love to start see him playing more than two Appetite songs though if he sticks around. He should play them all.

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Adler was fired, 26 years ago, and it was entirely his own fault. He spent 26 years blaming everyone but himself while often times making a fool of himself and proving exactly why he was fired in the first place. At the very least I don't think Frank should be thrown out of the band to accommodate an Adler return, especially given how much of a risk Adler is.

I just feel bad for Frank. He's like that step-dad who's been good to his wife and step-kids for years and now he's yesterday's news because the junkie dad's had it together for 6 months.

clearly you havent read stevens book then...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I heard his interview from September where he's calling Duff judgmental because Duff took him on tour and he just went off on a little bender.

i thought steven made a fair point though. duff has been an ass towards steven on farm aid, steven has been a dick too when he sued them. they all were backstabbers in the past, but they got past all that. its pretty pointless to try to make one person the bad guy now. evrryone got their clean sheet it seems and we should respect that.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Let's analyse the post-Illusion songs Adler has played,

'Civil War' (Illusion 2 and live at Farm Aid)

'Knockin' On Heaven's Door' (played live countless times: definitive version is live from the Marquee 1987).

'Back Off Bitch' (demoed and played live countless times during the club days)

'Perfect Crime' (played live during club days)

'Don't Cry' (demoed and played live countless times during club days)

'You Could Be Mine' (written and rehearsed at SIR during making of Appetite)

'Don't Damn Me' (Mates Rehearsal)

'Garden of Eden' (Mates Rehearsal)

'Locomotive' (Mates Rehearsal)

'Dust N' Bones' (Mates Rehearsal).

'Down On The Farm' (Farm Aid)

That is ten Illusion songs (and one Spaghetti) demoed, played live and/or rehearsed by Adler, four of which are concert staples.

He would have had a more than passing acquaintance with November Rain, Yesterdays, Bad Obsession and The Garden also, seeing as there are extent demos from the 1980s recorded by various members.

The idea that Adler cannot play Illusion is clearly hokum.

Anyone can play those songs. Can he do songs like locomotive, YCBM Nov rain and estranged justice now that he is sober can can get through playing them?

i don't see them ever relieving Frank and having Adler back playin all those songs plus Chinese democracy songs. Either Frank stays or you will see Sorum back before Steven being the full time drummer again. 

I think there is a great chance we will see Adler & Izzy next year  as they capitalize on AFD's 30th anniversary.

These album anniversary tours usually doesn't mean playing only 1 album. Bands usually add their hits and a few more songs from all their albums. That's what I witnessed with Motley, Megadeth and Jerry Only's misfits. I can see them playing AFD from start to finish with alder and Izzy and Frank and Richard Playing the rest. 

Wven that seems way to complicated and we may never see Adler for more than a couple of songs. If Izzy ever returned full time which I highly doubt they likely would go with 3 guitars. That's easily attainable.

Drums not as much. Nothing looks more ridiculous than bands trotting out 2 drummers for a song just to please them. 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

It's time to start phasing Frank out. Don't be a total dick to him; give him a handsome severance package, but as Adler proves himself more and more, phase Frank out. He's a good drummer and I'm sure he will get great work elsewhere, but he's just not right for Guns n' Roses and never has been, especially when Gn'R's true drummer is available, kicking ass, and wanting to do the job. Steven is the only drummer for Guns n' Roses. If you listen to these live videos from the recent shows, the proof is in the pudding. He transforms the band from being Axl's solo group with Slash and Duff guest-starring to the true Guns n' Roses. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but not only are the drums better with him on them, but he brings out the best in the other guys as well so that they just gel better and sound like the real thing -- because they ARE the real thing. They sound so much better, and they LOOK better, too. They look like the band is supposed to look, in spite of the chick with the blue hair. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Further on this, Slash sued - or threatened legal action at least - Adler during the late '90s for using their old band name, 'Road Crew', for a new band; I find that unbelievably petty.

I didn't know Slash did that, that's awful. I wouldn't ever think he would do something as petty as that. I'm saddened.