Cliff Williams Announces retirement

Redout

Well, to speculate a bit, it seems that Angus has decided to keep going with Axl and Cliff isn't comfortable with that idea seeing as how Brian could have potentially make a comeback. This is a huge blow to AC/DC and it will be interesting to see whether they continue after their current tour concludes.

Edited by Un42nutzly

I wish they'd just do one last farewell gig. A tour is just too much. But just a gig. Maybe Brian could do at least some songs. Have Phil Rudd show up for a bit. And guests. I have no idea what state Malcolm is in, but one song would be amazing. Just to give it all an ending. They deserve it. Such a great band! 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, username said:

I wish they'd just do one last farewell gig. A tour is just too much. But just a gig. Maybe Brian could do at least some songs. Have Phil Rudd show up for a bit. And guests. I have no idea what state Malcolm is in, but one song would be amazing. Just to give it all an ending. They deserve it. Such a great band! 

Malcolm cannot even remember his name never mind play an ACDC song. This is not a joke either.

I think it's the final curtain call for AC/DC. Maybe Axl and Angus will make a record together and put it out under a different banner. 

If Axl can give advice on one thing, it's that having to replace your entire band is NOT fun or a good idea! Just go solo!

The only way I can see this correcting itself is if Brian manages to get his in ears built and Angus agrees to work with him again, in which case I'm confident Cliff would have a change of heart. Realistically though, they have 3-5yrs left in them at the most, maybe it's just better to go out on a semi high (realising they lost half the band in a 2-3yr period)

1 hour ago, username said:

This, but I don't think Malcolm would be up for it unfortunately.

Might as well just bring Angus into Guns N' Roses at this point. :lol:

On a serious note, I totally get where he's coming from and it's nice that he's bowing out gracefully. However, the news of his retirement definitely means it's time to call it a day. Angus and Stevie (with or without Chris and Axl) can continue as something else. Now I'm really glad I'm going to Buffalo. This could truly be it.

I don't know guys. Angus have been quite succesful (at least to this point) finding new members to the band. Chris Slade said that Angus wants to keep the band going on as long as he can, and I'm quite sure he will try to find replacement to Cliff as well. 

They replaced Bon with Brian successfully. They replaced (at least for a tour) Brian with Axl, quite succesfully. They replaced Mark Evans with Cliff, and they've replaced Phil Rudd twice with Slade/Wright. They replaced Malcolm with Stevie. I just don't why wouldn't Angus try to replace Cliff as well, if he wants to keep it going. 

I do like AC/DC and I'm not really that into 'originality' of the members at this point, as Angus have been quite successful in replacing members for a long long time. I just hope he doesn't hire anyone who's not good at playing rock'n'roll, and that hasn't happen yet... I do think though that Stevie has some problems with harmonies and Chris is losing his groove, but they were brought to this band in extreme circumstances, and they've done quite good. 

And after all - there's a slight chance in getting Brian back, there's also a minimal chance in them playing with Phil again (not in America though). Let's see what happens. I just hope they wouldn't sound like shit. :)

Edited by rosesandguns