So...where's Izzy

How do gag orders work? would a new one relating to this tour have to be signed off, or would it be covered by an old contract clause?

For example would somebody like Dj and Bumblefoot though out of the picture still be required to keep quiet about GnR Business?

I can't see how after all these years Izzy and Matt would still be covered unless it's part of thier royalties contract? 

Intresting that Izzy only ever said he was out for April, I'm sill hoping he's quietly sitting things out until he's sure that things are running smoothly, before  he decides to make an appearance or not. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Archtop said:

How do gag orders work? would a new one relating to this tour have to be signed off, or would it be covered by an old contract clause?

For example would somebody like Dj and Bumblefoot though out of the picture still be required to keep quiet about GnR Business?

I can't see how after all these years Izzy and Matt would still be covered unless it's part of thier royalties contract? 

Intresting that Izzy only ever said he was out for April, I'm sill hoping he's quietly sitting things out until he's sure that things are running smoothly, before  he decides to make an appearance or not. 

Great questions!

If I state that Slash tunes his guitar with Axl’s mic, you’d think that I was silly.  Or horribly misinformed.  Or high.  And rightly so.  The same applies to this “gag order” urban legend that runs like a bare-assed, whiskey swiggin’ Mother Theresa on the online boards.

Judges issue gag and other restraining orders regarding litigation.  Some executive agencies issue gag orders, but require enforcement from a member of the judiciary.  Not rock band vocalists or any other private citizen regarding their personal or business ventures.  If one violates a restraining or other order, such as a gag order, then the judge may fine or jail the contemnor.  Or both.

I’ve gagged over reading declarations stating this myth as fact in multiple threads, including the one about BBF.  Since you asked the question, I’m giving a general reply directed at the recycling of the myth that a private citizen in a rock band “gags” the free speech of other private citizens.  It’s preposterous and it is a tool within which some couch opinions and manufacture falsities about Axl’s “power” as if he were a judge in a courtroom.   NDAs, which I’ve not seen a single person mention, are private contracts that are different animals in scope, duration and enforcement.  If such exists for one or more individuals, that would answer your third question, and potentially your second and fourth questions if they were rephrased.  Better yet, listen to two of Adler's replacement drummers “I’d Hit That” podcasts and you’ll likely have an answer to your questions without speculating about the scope and duration of non/existent NDAs.

Opinions change when they’re based on facts.  BBF nor any other character is fearful of contemnor imprisonment or fines.  Axl isn’t a judge.  A stage or studio isn’t a courtroom.  And this isn’t Stalingrad.  Or Beijing. 

Now, to the truly important question:  how many songs will Adler rock tonight? :popcorn:

23 minutes ago, wasted said:

The real question is will Frank step aside for Steven to do the whole show?

Nah, impossible, historically Axl is loyal and there's the question if Steve can do the whole show, plus, didn't he say he doesn't like Chinese Democracy? i don't know if he wanted to play that

1 hour ago, giuls said:

Nah, impossible, historically Axl is loyal and there's the question if Steve can do the whole show, plus, didn't he say he doesn't like Chinese Democracy? i don't know if he wanted to play that

Steven does look a bit floppy. Chi dem and Better with Slash are pretty bad ass so not sure he'd mind. 

1 hour ago, giuls said:

So you think if they said yo Steven, the full time gig is yours if you can learn and play the CD material you think he's gonna say, "nah, I'll pass"?

On 08/07/2016 at 7:56 PM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

what are izzy's terms? 

does he want more cash + only the original 5? 

No one knows.  None of them have talked about it publicly, no reasons, no clues.

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

So you think if they said yo Steven, the full time gig is yours if you can learn and play the CD material you think he's gonna say, "nah, I'll pass"?

He'd have quite a bit of Illusion material and CD material to learn. 

I doubt he'd pass up thr chance though I don't see it happening. 

Though many may not I admire Axl's loyaltyDespite whatever anyone has said about him his loyalty can't be questioned.

I really liked how they took pics together it shows fans they are cool with each other. 

Steven's smile is infectious. It's so great seeing him up there. I know it made my night in Cincinnati better.

6 hours ago, Ulnar said:

No one knows.  None of them have talked about it publicly, no reasons, no clues.

Years ago and I don't remember where wasn't it going around that he had asked for quite a bit for the short appearances he made? 

Again I don't know who said it or what but remember reading it around here back then.

As far as now who knows why Izzy's not there but them honestly.

On 7/8/2016 at 2:56 PM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

what are izzy's terms? 

does he want more cash + only the original 5? 

My understanding, and I'm not an "insider" so don't quote me, is that Izzy was offered an amount similar to what he got to guest with new Guns to do basically what Steven is doing now. Given that this is a bigger tour he wanted a bigger piece of the pie.

Edited by fallglimmer

9 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Taking in account that hopefully he has to be ready for UYI and the covers soon, yes, i think he would have no problem about Frank playing CD.

About Izzy, i hope they find a compromise for this tour if it's really about money.

Izzy's problem money wise is he doesn't give a shit. He wasn't part of that Big 3 partnership. 

But with Steven in place on drums it's looking more like the band he wanted as Guns. But he keeps releasing solo albums. Ideally that material should be used as GNR. These are the final pieces.

One last hachet to bury. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been brought up, but I was looking through the VIP book today and they had a pic of handwritten songs that were being rehearsed for what appears to be for the Troubadour, and 14 Years and Dust and Bones were on it. Does this pretty much prove that  Izzy was somehow on board at one time? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Not sure if this has been brought up, but I was looking through the VIP book today and they had a pic of handwritten songs that were being rehearsed for what appears to be for the Troubadour, and 14 Years and Dust and Bones were on it. Does this pretty much prove that  Izzy was somehow on board at one time? 

Post the pics if you can

I guess that just proves what we have known from the very beginning. The Trinity wanted Izzy involved and were sure he would do it like in the past, as a guest, and Izzy wasn't having it this time. At least not as a guest.

Goddamnit.

Izzy doesn't give a fuck. He's the guy that needs GnR the least. His personality dictates that. None of this is what drives him. If he was low balled it was probably a real easy decision on his part not to be involved. He likely didn't care too much one way or the other to begin with so...... 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't see any CD songs on there.. They played some at that show right?

I guess that's an older setlist, right? Or some personal dream setlist handwritten by a fan :D