So...where's Izzy

12 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I think just Better...Coma isn't on there either 

There appears (to me) to be another piece of paper below the one at the top (with My Michelle, etc) written on it that would seemingly have more songs that we aren't seeing.  

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

There appears (to me) to be another piece of paper below the one at the top (with My Michelle, etc) written on it that would seemingly have more songs that we aren't seeing.  

Both pieces have the same songs on them 

6 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Both pieces have the same songs on them 

Yah, I meant the piece in the back has another piece below it...which may (or may not) contain different songs.  Or it could be the same list...or blank...or something totally unrelated :)

14 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yah, I meant the piece in the back has another piece below it...which may (or may not) contain different songs.  Or it could be the same list...or blank...or something totally unrelated :)

Yeah, I was just figuring they were all the same 

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Last I heard from my friend JT, Izzy was doing a new cd.

I really wish Izzy and Steven would play the rest of the US cities. I would be very pissed if they show up at the LA show.

I mean come on! Give the rest of us a reunion of all 5 of you guys!

He has released 2 song and according to Izzy he has 3 songs to release.  One came out in June. One came out in July and I am assuming one in August not sure on the last release date? Where on Izzzy time.  The second song Matt Sorum played drums on it.

I had a blast at the Nashville show, but I kept hoping Izzy would pop in and do "Dust N' Bones" and "14 Years" since those are some of my favorite GNR songs.  I did at least get to see Steven for a couple of songs though, so I guess I can't complain.  Izzy performing would have made it absolutely perfect though!  I still think he's going to pop up at a show sooner or later even if it's just as a guest for a song or two like Steven did.  But if he does, it will be whenever the hell he feels like it and it will be on his own terms.  I just wish I could e there to see it when and if it does happen!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Last I heard from my friend JT, Izzy was doing a new cd.

I really wish Izzy and Steven would play the rest of the US cities. I would be very pissed if they show up at the LA show.

I mean come on! Give the rest of us a reunion of all 5 of you guys!

Can you ask your friend JT if Izzy mentioned anything about GNR to him and when is the full album coming out?

• 5 weeks later...

Axl probably knows Izzy best out of the 3 originals working with Guns, in the same way that Slash knows Steven best. Its the same story both ways.

I kind of feel that Izzy likes playing little shows, in little runs and came along from time to time to do some of the Guns stuff with Axl. Now it was either when Izzy was discussed that Axl said that he wouldn't be able to commit or from the VR experience that Slash and Duff came to the same conclusion or they asked and he declined. He possibly had demands for the tour like starting in smaller arenas/theatres etc. while Axl/Slash/Duff/Dizzy/Richard/Frank are all game sharp and ready to jump into a full blown arena/stadiums after a few warm ups. Who knows.

I suspect they spoke to him but with the experience they have had with him of the recent past would of dictated what role they were offering/thought was suitible.

Or Izzy flat said no and they are trying to save face all round. But from the Axl interview it almost sounded like he gave positive noises about coming to rehearsals or something and then didn't show.

With Steven Im sure Slash knew about the back surgery and I suspect he was at least going to be involved in some capacity originally. However Slash may also have ruled that he may still be too unreliable to be the full time drummer for a huge tour.

3 hours ago, Italian girl said:

when will we stop talking about izzy?

Never.. he is a giant part of the Gn'R legacy, sorely missed, friends with everyone in the band and there are a shitload of people that love him. 

You can always pick and choose what threads you want to read ;) 

• Like 3

One thing is certain; we don't have a clue about the reason(s) Izzy is not in the band. Could be a partnership issue, a money issue, Izzy not liking the whole concept of the reunion as planned by the others, Izzy not wanting to tour for a long time, a combination of the above or something else we haven't thought of. Until we hear the full story from both sides (which, I'm afraid, is not going to happen in the near future), it's all nothing but speculation based on preconceived ideas of how Axl or Izzy would think and act.

Edited by Blackstar

Stands Nervously

My name is Kerrie and this is my first post in this thread, and I have been waiting for Izzy to return to GnR for 25 years now.

Slowly admits, but glad to get off my chest,

A couple of months ago I was hopefull it would happen, but after the first leg of the tour which don't get me wrong has been great I am disappointed that we have no Izzy. The  recent Duff and Slash interview only seems to support my worst fears that Izzy will not be making an appearance.

sits back down.

:smiley-confused2:This is the where's Izzy support group, right?

• Like 2

25 years here too. 25 years of silence, 25 years of pain, 25 years that are gone forever and i'll never have again :lol: (sorry, had to) Izzy leaving the band kinda was the first "drama" of my teenage years. I still hold onto a small hope for an Appetite reunion tour next year for the 30th anniversary.

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

25 years here too. 25 years of silence, 25 years of pain, 25 years that are gone forever and i'll never have again :lol: (sorry, had to) Izzy leaving the band kinda was the first "drama" of my teenage years. I still hold onto a small hope for an Appetite reunion tour next year for the 30th anniversary.

Thank you for sharing. ??

• Like 1