So...where's Izzy

Alright, everybody saw the magic that just happend with Adler involved.
I have to say...Izzy's absence, THE SILENCE, his little digs with vids etc. are pretty annoying now to me! :D
I bet he's got good reasons for everything, but damn!!
So close to perfection...It's frustrating in a way.
What are your thoughts/ feelings?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maxpax said:

Then Matt and Gilby are in, too.

Nope. Not the same, those two both talked about the reunion. Matt confirmed he wasn't asked to be a part of it on Twitter and Gilby is on a YouTube clip talking about it. 

Edited by Billsfan

Where's Izzy? Somewhere in the dessert, not giving a fuck. You know...the usual. :P

Seriously, Matt & Gilby we're not asked, so they can talk. Izzy was asked, there was a disagreement and he said no so therefore he can't say anything about it. Is that how the story goes? 

I've never wanted to be a fly on the wall more than now.

1 hour ago, Babooshka said:

I thought that tweet was proven to be false?

How? I never saw the tweet myself, but it keeps getting brought up around here. The way I heard it people only thought it was fake because the account wasn't thought to be real. But it has since been proven to be his real account, so that should make the tweet real too, unless I m missing something.

45 minutes ago, killuridols said:

"In my ass...." :awesomeface:

Just how many people are or have been in Axl's ass? It's a miracle he can still run around like that :lol:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Izzy's absence, THE SILENCE, his little digs with vids etc. are pretty annoying now to me! :D
I bet he's got good reasons for everything, but damn!

Digs? I think any digs are speculation on fans' part. He's made a clear statement that he's not involved, and a handful of tweets that have been *interpreted* as digs, but - let's be fair to Izzy - I don't think he's really made any digs at the band. People are assuming that collaborating with Matt is a 'fuck you' from the two of them for not being involved - but that's speculation. People are assuming that he wasn't asked, or that he was asked but said no. We've not had any *reasons* from the man himself yet, or the GN'R camp, so everything is still pure speculation at this point. 

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

Izzy was asked, there was a disagreement and he said no so therefore he can't say anything about it. Is that how the story goes?

I know you're asking that as a question, but - again - this sort of thing is all speculation. We don't know why he's not there. He may have had a disagreement, sure. He may simply not want to. There might be financial reasons, there might not. We simply don't know why he's not there at the moment. I'm sure we'll find out at some point, though. Or he'll turn up like Steven just did. Like I said in another thread, after Axl being prepared to give Steven a spot I think all bets are off. We may yet see Izzy involved. We may yet see the AFD line up (if only for a couple of songs). Who knows? Maybe even Matt & Gilby could guest if they're in town? Perhaps even members of NuGNR.

With no straight answers from anyone about anything, all we can go on is what we see on stage, and at the moment, I'm seeing an energised, happy band and - perhaps more importantly - and energised, happy singer at the front of it all. And, if he's happy to welcome Steven back into the fold after 26 years & an awful lot of acrimony, who can possibly predict what'll happen next?

TL:DR, I'm fairly confident now that something else unexpected will come up sooner or later, probably involving Izzy. But I don't think we'll know about any *reasons* for anything until someone gives a straight up interview and is asked direct questions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

Digs? I think any digs are speculation on fans' part. He's made a clear statement that he's not involved, and a handful of tweets that have been *interpreted* as digs, but - let's be fair to Izzy - I don't think he's really made any digs at the band. People are assuming that collaborating with Matt is a 'fuck you' from the two of them for not being involved - but that's speculation. People are assuming that he wasn't asked, or that he was asked but said no. We've not had any *reasons* from the man himself yet, or the GN'R camp, so everything is still pure speculation at this point. 

I know you're asking that as a question, but - again - this sort of thing is all speculation. We don't know why he's not there. He may have had a disagreement, sure. He may simply not want to. There might be financial reasons, there might not. We simply don't know why he's not there at the moment. I'm sure we'll find out at some point, though. Or he'll turn up like Steven just did. Like I said in another thread, after Axl being prepared to give Steven a spot I think all bets are off. We may yet see Izzy involved. We may yet see the AFD line up (if only for a couple of songs). Who knows? Maybe even Matt & Gilby could guest if they're in town? Perhaps even members of NuGNR.

With no straight answers from anyone about anything, all we can go on is what we see on stage, and at the moment, I'm seeing an energised, happy band and - perhaps more importantly - and energised, happy singer at the front of it all. And, if he's happy to welcome Steven back into the fold after 26 years & an awful lot of acrimony, who can possibly predict what'll happen next?

TL:DR, I'm fairly confident now that something else unexpected will come up sooner or later, probably involving Izzy. But I don't think we'll know about any *reasons* for anything until someone gives a straight up interview and is asked direct questions.

I think this one is the most correct answer to this question as it gets. Everything else is just not-proven rumours and/or speculation. Thumbs up to you @Ulnar.

If I'd had to speculate, I think Duff made the best explanation of Izzy's behaviour in some interview (concerning recording music overall and playing with Guns in 2006 and 2012), and it was something like this: Izzy shows up whenever he feels like, wherever he feels like. He's sort of a mystery. 

I think that's the case here. He just doesn't feel like showing up, yet. And that's just my personal speculation - again. 

33 minutes ago, Frey said:

How? I never saw the tweet myself, but it keeps getting brought up around here. The way I heard it people only thought it was fake because the account wasn't thought to be real. But it has since been proven to be his real account, so that should make the tweet real too, unless I m missing something.

Just how many people are or have been in Axl's ass? It's a miracle he can still run around like that :lol:

iirc It was one person claiming that it happened, but this was disputed by many others who had been watching Izzy's account.

So at best it was a rumour. I mean who has actually seen this tweet?

5 minutes ago, rosesandguns said:

I think this one is the most correct answer to this question as it gets. Everything else is just not-proven rumours and/or speculation. Thumbs up to you @Ulnar.

If I'd had to speculate, I think Duff made the best explanation of Izzy's behaviour in some interview (concerning recording music overall and playing with Guns in 2006 and 2012), and it was something like this: Izzy shows up whenever he feels like, wherever he feels like. He's sort of a mystery. 

I think that's the case here. He just doesn't feel like showing up, yet. And that's just my personal speculation - again. 

Thanks.

And yes, anecdotally, that's definitely what we - as fans - know about Izzy. He seems pretty consistent in his behaviour, and that behaviour is to walk to the beat of his own drum.
I don't think many people in the fan base (me included) can even begin to understand how hard it would have been to get sober a) at all and b) whilst in the middle of complete rock n' roll decadence at the height of the band's popularity.

That takes a hell of a lot of personal strength. On top of that, to have the strength to then walk away from something you obviously love (or at least had love for) in order to preserve your own sobriety / sanity and to do that in the face of watching people you care about descending into drugs & alcohol, not to mention the rest of it... That takes a strong character. Clearly that has stayed with him, and that's why he won't put up with anything if he doesn't think it's worth it.

We've all heard the stories of his involvement in the early days of Velvet Revolver, and how he was out of the door as soon as it looked shaky / they couldn't agree on singers, etc... . We've heard from Axl about Izzy's guest spots with Nu-GNR and how they were entirely on Izzy's terms. Sounds to me like Izzy knows EXACTLY what he wants to do & when he wants to do it, and he'll do it his way or not at all, thankyouverymuch.

My personal opinion remains that he was offered - at the very least - some guest spots. Possibly 3 guitar line up with Fortus & Slash, possibly 2 guitar with Slash like the old days but he's seen decades of crazy & mudslinging and chose to sit it out - see how it pans out. Now it looks like the ship is fairly steady, he might stop by for a song or two. And then, who knows?
Thats' my own speculation, though, so please don't take that as fact / rumour or anything. Just my thoughts... :)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Izzy said in an interview that he has no part in the reunion.

Right now Izzy and Sorum have a new song saying that "They" can fight over a bag of gold.

Izzy already corrected people that the song was about a TV Series about Fighter Pilots he really got into, not about Guns 'N Roses. Also Izzy's correct words about the reunion was that he weren't part of the April shows of GNR. He didn't say anything about the future. He might not show up, I know, but still - he only confirmed April. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Sage said:

Izzy won't be a part of this.It's been clear to me since the beginning.There is still hope for the anniversary but knowing him he may not even do that.:izzy:

you were probably one of the ones who thought adler would never see time behind the drums again too...

never say never. and no... nothing is clear with this band.. ever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tadsy said:

you were probably one of the ones who thought adler would never see time behind the drums again too...

never say never. and no... nothing is clear with this band.. ever.

I had hopes that Adler would rejoin them.I was excited about the show at The Troubadour until he had back surgery.