Seems like they are leaving it in the vault. CD 2 was done and remix album but nobody wanted to release it I guess. 

Axl has shown some material to Slash and Duff which might (not) be CD2 material. 

I wouldn't say soon is the word?

Edited by wasted
Double or nothing

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

What rumours? The same Greatest Hits none of this band wanted released in the first place?

Greatest Hits with new songs on it is really a contradiction within itself, isn't it? :lol:

1) What makes you think its "the same Greatest Hits none of the band wanted released", that's released already? Why would you even re-release that if none wanted it in the first place? Just trying to understand your thought process on this:lol:. Like, what?

2) It's to give fans who already own all albums an enticement to buy the CD at all

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

1) What makes you think its the same greatest hits none of the band wanted released, that's released already? Why would you even re-release that if none wanted it in the first place? Just trying to understand your thought process on this:lol:

2) It's to give fans who already own all albums an enticement to buy the CD at all

Because they tried to stop the record company from releasing Greatest Hits didn't they, they all got together on that one, but lost. Why would they want another? It would have the same songs. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Because they tried to stop the record company from releasing Greatest Hits didn't they, they all got together on that one, but lost. 

Yeah I figured you meant that one, they tried to stop it because they werent the ones who did the track listing for it, but some record company people. Like seriously they put Sympathy For The Devil on it, that's the last song slash would like to see on GNRs "Greatest Hits".

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yeah I figured you meant that one, they tried to stop it because they werent the ones who did the track listing for it, but some record company people. Like seriously they put Sympathy For The Devil on it, that's the last song slash would like to see on GNRs "Greatest Hits".

Yeah, but what's the point of another Greatest Hits? I don't own the current one, what's it missing that they can add? Estranged? Is that it. 

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, but what's the point of another Greatest Hits? I don't own the current one, what's it missing that they can add? Estranged? Is that it. 

I think they just didnt like the sequencing of the tracks (and SFTD being on it). Imo it's a crime they omitted Coma aswell as RQ, Nightrain and ofc Estranged. The last 4 tracks are poor choices.

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think they just didnt like the sequencing of the tracks (and SFTD being on it). Imo it's a crime they omitted Coma aswell as RQ, Nightrain and ofc Estranged. The last 4 tracks are poor choices.

Ok, I admit, I have no clue what's on or not on Greatest Hits. Maybe it would be better to release a Best Of and do the track listing themselves. 

4 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Axl's played some of his songs (probably CD2 material) to Slash and Duff and they liked it. But right now they're focusing on touring.

By Slash's standards he probably has an album worth of material after this tour, so you never know :)

17 hours ago, wasted said:

Seems like they are leaving it in the vault. CD 2 was done and remix album but nobody wanted to release it I guess. 

Axl has shown some material to Slash and Duff which might (not) be CD2 material. 

I wouldn't say soon is the word?

Where did this info come from?

17 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Rumors says that a greatest hits album(with new songs) could surface before Christmas...

Wasn't there a proposed 2-disc collection in like 2008 with songs from CD included on it?

15 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Ok, I admit, I have no clue what's on or not on Greatest Hits. Maybe it would be better to release a Best Of and do the track listing themselves. 

Perhaps greatest hits live from this tour plus new songs

3 hours ago, IRanOutOfIdeas said:

Where did this info come from?

Wasn't there a proposed 2-disc collection in like 2008 with songs from CD included on it?

Axl interview in 2014 before reunion about CD 2 /remix being done. 

China Exchange about showing Slash material and ref to soon. 

2-cd Best of reunion seems like industry standard. It would sell fair weather fans and die hards would scramble for anything new. It's what label wants and GNR are playing ball. It might have a cool cover and title to attract attention. strip to not easy songs. 

3 hours ago, krazejeff said:

I'd buy it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, krazejeff said:

Yes, I would love them to release a live album from this tour, everything they play. Don't give it greatest hits title, just call it NITLT tour live or something. 

What new songs?