Shooting in Dallas

Last night armed men opened fire on the police and some peaceful protestors in Downtown Dallas. Last count, 14 were shot and 5 police are dead. Also a bomb went off and killed one of the shooters.

today, Dallas and the rest of the country are still in shock and saddened by this event.

My brother lives right around this area and luckily wasn't home at the time and had to stay at a friend's last night. He was able to get back home today.

One of the shooters told police how much he hated white people and police. This was his reason for the shootings.

This kind of hatred takes years to develop until it just blows up.

These shooters were organized and were on roof tops shooting at the police. Dallas was a war zone last night.

It saddens me that this kind of violence still occurs and doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon.

Public figures spoke today and expressed their shock and sorrow for the families of the fallen police. Some innocent civilians were wounded, but they will be okay. At least physically. Seeing the scared faces of those people running and police trying to protect them while placing their lives on the line, was heartbreaking.

It will take time for Dallas to get over this if ever. I've never gotten over 9/11, so this will probably be remembered the same way now.

How many more tragedies will happen and how many dates will we have to remember and those who gave their lives?

I don't expect it to change and that's what upsets me the most.

My heart goes out to those who lost their lives and their families and friends who will mourn them for many years to come.

• Like 1

The thing is if you keep fucking with people sooner or later there will be a reaction.  Now don't get me wrong 'i want to kill white people' is never a justifiable approach to existence, in fact i want to kill any people is never a justifiable approach to existence.  However something like this, from a detached point of view, was in the post.  Trayvon Martin, all these other little skirmishes that have occurred in America where black people have been perceived to have been killed, shot, maimed for no justifiable reason and the resultant media bombardment regarding them (rightly or wrongly depending on your position) results in something, a certain ill feeling, a resentment.  It sets up a situation where things like this can (and generally do) tend to happen.  

If a particular community feels fucked over, constantly and consistently, you will get a reaction.  And from the extreme (and probably psychotic) parts of that community that reaction will be extreme.  The root cause of this (i said cause there, not justification, just sayin') is excessive (and often deadly) force used by police officers.  Now..., OK, say i kick off with someone on the streets, i slap them...and they punch me...or beat me down to the ground.  Now all that is worse than a slap, isn't it?  Where do I stand though in terms of my part in creating the problem?  Now this isn't to say that what police officers do and have done is a justification for murdering white people based on their race (not least because white people are not the length and breadth of the American police) but when you allow situations like this to fester they create a climate in which more extreme ideas and notions, whether that be black supremacy or whatever, tend to thrive, tend to be given more credence, you essentially validate certain aspects of them to easily influenced or radicalised people.

In short, was this tragic?  Most definitely...could you see it coming a mile off though?  Pretty much.  There's a reason why The Black Panthers are suddenly being eulogised and having documentaries made about them and people like Beyonce are doing insipid cynical tributes to them at Superbowl Half Time Shows (correct me if that wasn't the venue, i think it was), The Black Panthers were no joke, there was nothing cute and cuddley about them, there is no way that you can smooth the edges off of them with political correct acceptance, they were something extreme and they were a reaction to an extreme times and if you find people identifying with them in your day and time then it's because there is something seriously rotten in Denmark.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

People also get the perception from the media that the police is worse than they are.

I would agree. I think the big problem comes from the fact that certain people, the media being the biggest by far, has worked people up over some cases, that had a lack of evidence or could be seen as justified, which caused a big time divide between people, be it cops vs minorities or certain minorities vs certain white people etc. The Trayvon Martin case being one of those cases, Michael Brown being another. The media falsified information IE the doctoring of the 911 call by zimmerman to look like he profiled him because of skin color, in reality the dispatch asked for his skin color, and michael brown with the "hands up don't shoot" which was proven false by numerous eye witnesses and forensic, but people and the media still put out these false narratives. It was all done for money and ratings, and to get a reaction so they can keep rehashing these stories over and over again. 

All this did was create a toxic atmosphere between people, if you said anything that wasn't "trayvon died over tea and skittles" and "michael brown died with his hands up" you were labeled a bigot, a racist, and if you were black an uncle tom. All the while this was happening you had numerous cases of police brutality, that every sane person could unite and see eye to eye on. The case in Minnesota right now, the shooting of the man in South Carolina for getting his wallet when the cop asked for it, and the homeless mentally ill camper, who was shot in the back when walking away from the police. You can also add the Eric Garner case being choked out for selling individual cigarettes. 

In chicago right now you have a bloodbath going on, 4th of july weekend 64 people shot including 6 fatalities, and this was after the police rounded up 88 gang members before the weekend. In these shootings in chicago nearly 75% of the shooters are black and 70% of the victims are black, but the media will only report this as a footnote, that doesn't sell like evil whitey killing black people. Shit there was someone going around saying a black person down in georgia who hung himself was a lie and he was lynched by white people. I mean all kinds of fucking craziness.

Edited by bran
  • Like 1

On a personal level i dislike the police extremely, i seek to avoid them as much as possible.  But at the same time, the reality of the world is the police do a rough fuckin' job and it makes a rough person out of you.  With stuff like racial profiling, sorry but it will never end.  And it's not really entirely sensible that it ends.  Now in a perfect world the shit wouldn't go on but the fact of the matter is certain things work in that way.  There are certain neighbourhoods/areas etc where the prevalence of crime or whatever is down to a particular race of people.  Sorry but thats the fuckin' way it is.  And in those areas cops are gonna act upon racial profiling, it's a tough break but there it is.  It's like me, people of my description fit the fuckin' racial profile of a terrorist, I'm probably more likely to get pulled up on that kind of a thing than a guy called Liam Smith with ginger hair from Scotland.  Now i can cry and complain about that all i want but it's the way the world is.  In the same way in some neighbourhoods over here Pakistani people or black people or gyppos or whatever are the key criminal elements so they're gonna be subject to more scrutiny.

Now the problem arises when you have cops that become so cynical about this kinda shit to where their accosting of people goes too far or results in unwarranted assaults or even death.  Obviously that shit is outta order and must be stopped.  But the profile ends when the profile is no longer relevant, it's easy to sit here and have a go at cops (Lord knows I've done it plenty of times and still probably would, like i said i personally don't like em but then i guess people like me are part of the problem) but have you ever been in threat of your life?  Cops face those kinds of situations, moreso in America than here, every single day, there is a sort of an awareness to racial profiling, i mean it's just common fuckin' sense isn't it, we all live in this world, we all go out at night, we all have our own thinking caps, we know, instinctively, when there's trouble ahead, thats a form of profiling too really isn't it?  The ability to assess danger and take a different route home or cross the street.  That shit will never end because, and nobody wants to hear this, it's just part of police work.  You know your town, you know what it's like, you know which kind of people live where and you have a certain mental profile of what kind of person fits what criminals tend to be, it ain't always necessarily according to fuckin' race but you are blind if you think it doesn't involve a part of it.  I mean you're in some Mexican barrio in LA, there's a fuckin' young Mexican lad with a wife beater with crazy tattoos, smoking a cigarette and you got some old white guy in fuckin' biege slacks and suspenders and the suspect for grand theft auto is last seen walking down 'x' street and you're on the beat there, who the fuck are you gonna stop?  Think if you didn't have that kind of awareness as a police officer, how long would you fuckin' last d'ya think?  Does it involve prejudice, well yes, the sad reality is it does in terms of the dictionary definition of the word but it doesn't make you out to be a racist and yes there is a chance that the old white dude is the car thief and you might end up looking like a cunt but at the same time you've got to react upon likelihood.

Whats basically being expected is that one side, the criminals, act like total fuckin' animals and the other side, the coppers, are expected to be 100 million percent exemplary human beings, super-human basically, bereft of all the foibles of the human race, they shouldn't be rash, they shouldn't get angry, they shouldn't act out of fear, they should be 100 percent politically correct at all times...it's just not a fuckin' reasonable expectation.

Now I'm not saying lets all employ fuckin' racism in our daily behaviour i just think that the attack on racial profiling is trying to fix the unfixable, that ain't how shit works, you can't reprogramme the machinations of common sense, what needs to be concentrated on is, from both sides, is doing the sensible thing.  With cops its about moderating yourself and striking a balance between doing your job and turning into oppressive fuckin' ogres that turn the streets into a police state and scare the fuckin' shit out of the citizens and for minority communities, well, for all the jumping up and down you do when shit happens what is actually done in such communities ahead of time?  All the famous band wagon jumpers, what the fuck do you actually do for minority communities? 

I mean RZA from the Wu Tang made a point earlier this year i think about how if you don't wannabe harassed, you dont wanna catch heat you need to dress correct, act correct...and he got a helluva lot of stick from the hip hop community for being a sell out when really what he was saying is common sense. 

These kind of things don't happen overnight and they require each person doing their bit as a decent person to change the fabric of the society we live in, it's no one groups or one persons fault and when you react in anger, or react in emotion all you do is proliferate and encourage a version of the kind of prejudice that has led to this fuckin' mess in the first place.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

The thing is if you keep fucking with people sooner or later there will be a reaction.  Now don't get me wrong 'i want to kill white people' is never a justifiable approach to existence, in fact i want to kill any people is never a justifiable approach to existence.  However something like this, from a detached point of view, was in the post.  Trayvon Martin, all these other little skirmishes that have occurred in America where black people have been perceived to have been killed, shot, maimed for no justifiable reason and the resultant media bombardment regarding them (rightly or wrongly depending on your position) results in something, a certain ill feeling, a resentment.  It sets up a situation where things like this can (and generally do) tend to happen.  

If a particular community feels fucked over, constantly and consistently, you will get a reaction.

Well said man, they think people will stay quiet, killing any innocent person is not justifiable, but when a certain race or community is attacked again and again for no reason and innocents die for no reason, then yeah this kind of reaction will indeed come. 

14 hours ago, toroymoi said:

Not from the media, from the police themselves and the lack of punishment they receive for killing black people.

Gotta agree. Don't get me wrong, the media stirs it up and stirs it up until it's boiling. But yeah, cops have been a-holes to the black community for a long time. This didn't just start. And these aren't just random, separate incidents gone bad. It's been a problem for years.

I'm not saying cops need to be picked off by a sniper either. That's just insane and RIP to the fallen officers. But like the B'stard said, you push and push and push, and sooner or later someone is going to push back. Shit's been going on and on and now things are really out of control.

Maybe the cops just meed to ease off in certain areas. Just have to accept in these areas black guys will be speeding, with a broken taillight and be armed and maybe on drugs. So just let it go. That's there lifestyle. 

today was the funerals for the 5 fallen police officers.

President Obama was there as well as former President Bush.

I don't know if this violence will ever stop. There has to be better communication with police and all the citizens of the US.

Everyone has to do their part because if we don't learn to live together I don't know how any of us will survive.

• Like 1

People need to UNIFY even when the media and mainstream sources of news tells us to DIVIDE. Treat each other kindly and that would solve the problem. If a cop pulls you over, respect them. Do what they says. Don't make them nervous, because these men and women are being paid scrum worth of money to protect each one of us. Most cops are respectable and will do anything to help ease a bad situation. As you can see from Dallas, they will throw their own life in harms way to save a stranger. Yeah there are some cops who are racist and go to the extreme, and somehow we need to limit these people from being licensed with power... but I still find if you treat even the most corrupt cop with respect and you have a clear conscience when you are being pulled over or questioned, you will come out without harm. You do the opposite and they feel threatened, the corrupt ones may take aggressive action. I, however, am one of the people who feel that many of these incidents are shown too late to judge and we have no idea the incident that occurred prior to the shooting or whatever. Social media is an entity that provide the MASSES with falsifying information which concludes in a swayed opinion. Yeah, there are corrupt cops that deserve to be in prison... but did you know black-on-black crime exceeds this? Why don't we ever hear about this in mainstream media? All I know is that this past week, ever since the Dallas incident, I have seen people of all PIGMENTATION come together, because that is the ONLY way we will have peace. The people must rid themselves of all discrimination and prejudice and reveal themselves as one race, the human race.

Edited by Un42nutzly

Rather uncomfortable moment  for those attending the Dallas Police Memorial..........Take a look at the face of G Dubya's wife and the other attendees when he starts dancing and grinning like a drunk uncle...and the man gave up drinking 30 years ago....very odd to say the least..........

Edited by classicrawker

On July 9, 2016 at 2:18 AM, bran said:

I would agree. I think the big problem comes from the fact that certain people, the media being the biggest by far, has worked people up over some cases, that had a lack of evidence or could be seen as justified, which caused a big time divide between people, be it cops vs minorities or certain minorities vs certain white people etc. The Trayvon Martin case being one of those cases, Michael Brown being another. The media falsified information IE the doctoring of the 911 call by zimmerman to look like he profiled him because of skin color, in reality the dispatch asked for his skin color, and michael brown with the "hands up don't shoot" which was proven false by numerous eye witnesses and forensic, but people and the media still put out these false narratives. It was all done for money and ratings, and to get a reaction so they can keep rehashing these stories over and over again. 

All this did was create a toxic atmosphere between people, if you said anything that wasn't "trayvon died over tea and skittles" and "michael brown died with his hands up" you were labeled a bigot, a racist, and if you were black an uncle tom. All the while this was happening you had numerous cases of police brutality, that every sane person could unite and see eye to eye on. The case in Minnesota right now, the shooting of the man in South Carolina for getting his wallet when the cop asked for it, and the homeless mentally ill camper, who was shot in the back when walking away from the police. You can also add the Eric Garner case being choked out for selling individual cigarettes. 

In chicago right now you have a bloodbath going on, 4th of july weekend 64 people shot including 6 fatalities, and this was after the police rounded up 88 gang members before the weekend. In these shootings in chicago nearly 75% of the shooters are black and 70% of the victims are black, but the media will only report this as a footnote, that doesn't sell like evil whitey killing black people. Shit there was someone going around saying a black person down in georgia who hung himself was a lie and he was lynched by white people. I mean all kinds of fucking craziness.

Great post. Spot on. 

• Like 1

On July 12, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Un42nutzly said:

People need to UNIFY even when the media and mainstream sources of news tells us to DIVIDE. Treat each other kindly and that would solve the problem. If a cop pulls you over, respect them. Do what they says. Don't make them nervous, because these men and women are being paid scrum worth of money to protect each one of us. Most cops are respectable and will do anything to help ease a bad situation. As you can see from Dallas, they will throw their own life in harms way to save a stranger. Yeah there are some cops who are racist and go to the extreme, and somehow we need to limit these people from being licensed with power... but I still find if you treat even the most corrupt cop with respect and you have a clear conscience when you are being pulled over or questioned, you will come out without harm. You do the opposite and they feel threatened, the corrupt ones may take aggressive action. I, however, am one of the people who feel that many of these incidents are shown too late to judge and we have no idea the incident that occurred prior to the shooting or whatever. Social media is an entity that provide the MASSES with falsifying information which concludes in a swayed opinion. Yeah, there are corrupt cops that deserve to be in prison... but did you know black-on-black crime exceeds this? Why don't we ever hear about this in mainstream media? All I know is that this past week, ever since the Dallas incident, I have seen people of all PIGMENTATION come together, because that is the ONLY way we will have peace. The people must rid themselves of all discrimination and prejudice and reveal themselves as one race, the human race.

Great post.