What Odds For A Full AFD5 Reunion Now

Surely somewhere down the line it's got to happen ? So far we've had a whirlwind 10 months with Slash letting it be known he & Axl were actually speaking. This sent the internet into overdrive as this was deemed impossible. When pushed if there'd be a reunion Slash answered the question but looking back now you can tell something's going on lol. Fast forward to the night of March 31st 2016 & there's a queue forming outside Tower records rumour has it that tickets are going on sale for a Guns show on April 1st (some kind of April Fools prank) But hang on they're putting up signs outside Tower records the official websites even showing the old pistols & roses logo wtf's going on it couldn't be could it ?. The morning of April 1st & there's a huge queue outside Tower records tickets go on sale there's a "secret gig" tonight at The Troubador shit just got real. Later that day the sign outside The Troubador reads Guns 'N'' Roses Not In This Lifetime a reference to a comment Axl made when asked if he & Slash would ever play together again. The anticipation was unbelievable I watched it all unfold live on the Internet here in the UK. As we now know it was Axl, Slash, Duff & others that took to the stage sneaky clips watched on youtube the following day watched by millions this really was/is a big deal. They announced a 21 date US stadium tour but there was still a slight disappointment no Izzy ? no Steven? But hey we have 3/5 of the AFD5, fast forward to Cincinatti & unbelievably Axl announces Steven Adler for 2 numbers Steven plays great he looks so happy & everyone agrees this is how Guns are supposed to sound. So with that we've now had 4/5 of the AFD5 I'm now hoping Steven's appearance can become a regular thing at the shows & hopefully one night we'll hear Axl announce "Mr Izzy Stradlin". I'm absolutely certain the stadium they're playing in would erupt & the internet would go into meltdown. It's what we all want to see the return of the AFD5 a few short months ago we could  only imagine what it would be like to see Axl & Slash sharing a stage. In fact we were told "Not in this lifetime" now we've seen 4/5 of the AFD5 play together & the happiness this has brought to so many. It's my 57th birthday on August 19th Guns play their 2nd night at the Dodgers stadium what a present that would be to see the reunion of the AFD5 what do you think guys ?

• Like 3

I think we will see them all onstage at the same time but unfortunately Fortus, Dizzy and Melissa will all be up there with them.. It would be cool if at least Melissa and Fortus went back stage for a couple songs.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

?

Im trying to say that 4 of them are back, so there are chances that Izzy might show up too.

Im a big fan of the AFD line up like you and I really cried when I saw Steven playing with them again.

So well I hope Izzy shows up and Steven plays more songs. 

But there are more chances of Steven playing the rest of the shows and Izzy just showing here and there or not at all. 

Have Adler and Izzy played together since the split? Every other member of the AFD 5 has played wth each other in some combination. Izzy played with VR and GNR, Adler played with Slash and Duff a couple years ago, etc. Either way I think it'll happen. Hopefully in NY (they should do a pre-MetLife Ritz gig lol)

Edited by KiernanProud

I would say pretty good but the balls in izzys court. It's clear Adler will be involved for some time moving forward so.. 

I mean I highly doubt we ever get JUST the appetite 5 on stage but I could 8 of them on stage. The appetite 5, fortus, Reed and Reese 

Axl may be trying to decide between CD 2 or nuGNR and a full reunion. He doesn't always seem

certain what to do. But personal relationships and how it looks mean a lot. So putting the AFD line up back together might finally be the most creatively successful move for him. 

What Axl said about new material did seem very CD era. Like it won't happen until Izzy comes back and writes some tunes.