Any chance of "Always On The Run" or "By The Sword"?

Wolfmother is opening the next 2 shows and Kravitz a whole bunch after that, do you guys think there's any chance Slash will come out for the opening act, or maybe even GNR incorporating the songs while they're playing their set? I know GNR let Kravitz join them in the middle of their set in 1992 to do AOTR and Axl left for the duration of the performance. I would love if either of these songs would happen

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

21 minutes ago, weaponsnflowers said:

Axl playing a new song? So far he hasn't sang Slither or his own song Sorry, so what chance does any other song have? None...

Did you see Axl singing Always On The Run when Lenny Kravitz was there in 1992, too?

Andrew Stockdale is the singer of BTS and Lenny of AOTR. Some people..

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

I was thinking that there was a pretty good chance Lenny came out and did Always on the Run with Guns.. It would be cool depending on what they were replacing with it. Hopefully The Seeker or one of the CD songs.  I didn't really think of Slash joining Lenny until you guys mentioned it. Maybe he could join Wolfmother too but I don't see Guns playing By The Sword.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was thinking that there was a pretty good chance Lenny came out and did Always on the Run with Guns.. It would be cool depending on what they were replacing with it. Hopefully The Seeker or one of the CD songs.  I didn't really think of Slash joining Lenny until you guys mentioned it. Maybe he could join Wolfmother too but I don't see Guns playing By The Sword.

Check out this article, thanks to Padme I googled it and found the story where Axl mentioned By The Sword, didn't know this, very cool!

http://www.radiometal.com/en/article/behind-the-scenes-the-other-axl-rose,78375

We are listening to Muse on the radio, “By The Sword” on Slash’s solo album is now on air. While Andreï stands up to switch to another station, Axl stops him and says “No, leave it. I love this song”.

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Wolfmother is opening the next 2 shows and Kravitz a whole bunch after that, do you guys think there's any chance Slash will come out for the opening act, or maybe even GNR incorporating the songs while they're playing their set? I know GNR let Kravitz join them in the middle of their set in 1992 to do AOTR and Axl left for the duration of the performance. I would love if either of these songs would happen

to this day i cant understand why the fuck axl didnt join that performance of always on the run

it would be a once in a lifetime thing if he traded vocals with lenny and i am sure it would sound great 

No chance at all lol.  Slither is probably the most we will ever see when it comes to anything like that

With Always on The Run maybe, possibly if Lenny ever does a guest appearance with GNR at some point

Edited by WhazUp

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That would be an upgrade to more than a few songs in the set

But it's a cover which sometimes I forget bcos it fits them so well. Raw power was weak though. Duff should do the whole of Memory. 

Ain't it Fun would kill if they could pull it off. 

8 hours ago, wasted said:

But it's a cover which sometimes I forget bcos it fits them so well. Raw power was weak though. Duff should do the whole of Memory. 

Ain't it Fun would kill if they could pull it off. 

The Duff SI covers honestly don't do much for me anymore. 

I was passed when Lenny was announced for shows after Toronto and instead we got Billy Talent. 

Cant wait to hear always on the run one of my fave songs ever!!!

Then I heard about wolfmother joining other shows :o

And yeah we got Billy :facepalm: Talent ?