The Seeker

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

There's always been way too many covers in GnR's setlist, I wouldn't miss any of them if they were dropped in favor of their own material

Couldn't agree more.lald and kohd have stuck around way too long imo.Even though their discography is limited theres plenty of songs off uyi that it I would prefer to here instead 

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

So... Kind of like Patience. There's an idea - stop all this rotating Patience in and out nonsense and replace The Seeker!

^This

i know my girl will be very disappointed if they play this and dont play her favorite song Don't Cry at MetLife on 7/23. I may never hear the end of it 

Funny, but the ONLY show that they haven't performed The Seeker thus far was the 1st VEGAS show I attended in April. I was spared from it :)

In all seriousness, there's a very notable difference between LALD, KOHD, Attitude, etc. and The Seeker. All those songs were recorded and included on GN'R albums. Furthermore, while covers, there's a large faction of music fans that only know the GN'R versions of those songs. The GNR versions are played on radio and streaming apps much more frequently. In that sense, they are almost like originals in that the songs are widely identified with GNR. Like it or not, they have to perform those songs.

The Seeker is different. It's not identified with the band and it was never released on an album. I get that AXL likes to perform it. I just don't understand why it has to be performed at each and every show (sans 1 thus far) or, worse yet, included in the encore set. AXL likes to perform Whole Lot of Rosie too as a way of inspiring himself, however even that's not even performed all that often.

• Like 1

The Seeker is a great example what a twisted man Axl actually is...a guy who destroyed his band for NuMetal shit...joined ACDC...and is still covering The Who...

Guns n Roses had too many covers in their career...the list of their covers are huge...

Edited by maxpax

On July 11, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Perfect spot for Think About You

I can think of plenty of songs it'd be the perfect spot for to add to yours lol

On July 18, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Hopefully the don't play it Tuesday..

Oh boy.. Well this is awkward :P 

• Like 1

On July 11, 2016 at 9:57 AM, Gackt said:

There's always been way too many covers in GnR's setlist, I wouldn't miss any of them if they were dropped in favor of their own material

worked out well.  i used lald and kohd as my piss breaks last night.

Edited by Asdiz
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2016 at 3:00 AM, wasted said:

They should do a Thin Lizzy song. Dancin' in the Moonlight. 

Loooooove Lizzy. Moonlight is a.great song. 

The Rocker and Are You Ready  has GN'R written all over it. For something a little more interesting it would be awesome to hear them try Genocide or maybe something like Got To Give It Up. 

35 minutes ago, Tiffani said:

The Rocker and Are You Ready  has GN'R written all over it. For something a little more interesting it would be awesome to hear them try Genocide or maybe something like Got To Give It Up. 

Here is Ace and Slash doing thin Lizzy on Ace's last album if you haven't heard it. Ace's vocals are what they are but the guitars are pretty sick!

Edited by Tom-Ass

45 minutes ago, Tiffani said:

I always thought Parisienne Walkways would be an epic intro to Sweet Child. Cold Sweat would sound awesome by GNR too.