Public Transport

Snake-Pit

I'm not going to start this thread talking about TFL, a huge component of my public transport, rather, I'm going to talk about a more national service; Southern.

I believe they own the franchise for my local station; Thornton Heath Railway Station; and... Pretty much, I could, if I wanted to; go to Victoria and join this protest rally going on at London Victoria for 'Southern Customers pissed off at Southern'..

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/southern-rail-passengers-to-withhold-fares-at-protest-at-victoria-station-a3292571.html

I wonder if this'll create delays though???

Public Transport

Edited by Snake-Pit

My husband doesn't yet know that our holiday plans only return is as far north as Peterborough.

It was cheaper to avoid London and leave Stansted Airport for the north. But trains from Peterborough to York are tickling £50 each. And we can't be having that! 

39 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

My husband doesn't yet know that our holiday plans only return is as far north as Peterborough.

It was cheaper to avoid London and leave Stansted Airport for the north. But trains from Peterborough to York are tickling £50 each. And we can't be having that! 

I paid £60 for a return from Newcastle to Leeds recently. There was a morbidly obese girl with a burger king meal; she kept pulling chips out the bag and dipping them into an open sachet of tomato sauce. It made me quite nauseous.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I paid £60 for a return from Newcastle to Leeds recently. There was a morbidly obese girl with a burger king meal; she kept pulling chips out the bag and dipping them into an open sachet of tomato sauce. It made me quite nauseous.

Okay, once, I paid like £4.50 for a return ticket from London to Leeds... (by coach/MegaBus).

5 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

You've been north of Camden? ? 

Haha, I remember a time when I was 19 and thought people in Wood Green had a northern accent; since then luckily I've seen all over England (and that's how I deduced that London was so great). :)

• Like 1

It's not meant for the lowly punter, it's meant for business people on company expenses. 

The prices just swing wildly from 20 to 120 in a matter of hours. 

The bus is alright if you don't mind deep veined thrombosis. 

MegaBus are saying from London (Victoria Coach) (My local coach station).. £38 rtn London - Amsterdam if you arrive in 'dam in the evening leave UK early or £49 rtn if you leave UK/London Victoria in the evening to arrive in Amsterdam, NL before 9 in the morning... *Plus £1.50 booking fee...

https://uk.megabus.com/JourneyResults.aspx?originCode=56&destinationCode=110&outboundDepartureDate=29%2f07%2f2016&inboundDepartureDate=02%2f08%2f2016&passengerCount=1&transportType=1&concessionCount=0&nusCount=0&outboundWheelchairSeated=0&outboundOtherDisabilityCount=0&inboundWheelchairSeated=0&inboundOtherDisabilityCount=0&outboundPcaCount=0&inboundPcaCount=0&promotionCode=&withReturn=1 - example - if direct link is dead due to cookies, I hope it's not but if it is... then, MegaBus. - https://uk.megabus.com/

£60.00 Rtn from Newcastle to Leeds my foot!.. :lol: Nah. National Express'll even pick up you at the airport with their coaches besides, all good airports should have shuttle services; right?

Edited by Snake-Pit

27 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Having walked passed a group of people in Wood Green with a Northern accent? :lol:

No.

Having feared for my ears popping due to the pressure change at Finsbury Park :lol:

Edited by Snake-Pit

1 hour ago, Snake-Pit said:

No.

Having feared for my ears popping due to the pressure change at Finsbury Park :lol:

How dare you slag off Arsenal country, you South London ponce, you take that back!

My favourite one was when you went to Stoke for a pilgrammige to Slashs birthplace...and just found yourself in Stoke :lol:  I can just imagine you standing in the pissing rain in some grim high street surrounded by knuckle-dragging north country apes in Shawcross shirts going 'so this is where the magic happened!' :lol:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

How dare you slag off Arsenal country, you South London ponce, you take that back!

My favourite one was when you went to Stoke for a pilgrammige to Slashs birthplace...and just found yourself in Stoke :lol:  

It's especially bone headed since Slash was born in fuckin' Hampstead! :lol:

27 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

At least I've left the fuckin' country Len..

I've been to Kashmir mate, try shitting in a field (don't, it's horrible :lol: )and hanging off the backs of Suzuki vans for public transport, thats sampling different cultures properly, nevermind poncing about Amsterdam, popping in the brasshouse and walking around goin 'this looks like England' :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2