Fan Says "Where's Izzy" Sign Was Removed By Security

15 minutes ago, Kmartin9928 said:

This is my opinion on what happened with this sign.. Only my opinion.. The girl had the sign up.. Axl made a comment.. I watched a YouTube video of the whole song.  If you go to YouTube and Search it you will be able to find it.  Axl goes over near Steven talks in the another microphone to alert security.  I can't believe Axl can deny he had nothing to do with it because there is video footage of him telling security about it.  He just doesn't want to look like a bad guy.  He wants Izzy look like its his fault for not being there..  I bet he was low balled a salary so the three of them make all the money.  He is a founding member and deserves and much as them.  Also I would love for Izzy to tweet out what his opinion is on this whole thing. I am really glad that slash and Axl made up and playing together.  I also think Axl is not the same person he was back in the day.   He has made a lot of improvements in his personal life.  I am really proud of him. I hate that people still criticize him for things happened so long ago.  People change.

I'm not saying he didn't - he probably did it looking at the timing of it - but how can you be sure he talked to security? He could've said anything to anyone in the band or the crew, we never know until someone can produce a snippet of his IEM to confirm it.

7 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

I'm not saying he didn't - he probably did it looking at the timing of it - but how can you be sure he talked to security? He could've said anything to anyone in the band or the crew, we never know until someone can produce a snippet of his IEM to confirm it.

Also, at this same time, Steven was having trouble with his ear piece, so Axl could have been dealing with that in the microphone.   Not saying what happened or that is what happened, but that is just as likely a possibility as this is.  

A band representative told Ultimate Guitar: "GNR would never make this request. Izzy is family."

But Campos now tells TeamRock the sign was removed by Fernando Lebeis, a member of Axl Rose's management company Team Brazil and son of the singer's longtime personal assistant Beta.

She says: "I saw that the band commented they had nothing to do with my sign being removed. While it's totally possible they had nothing to do with it directly, someone sent me a message that it was 'probably Fernando.'

"I Googled 'Fernando Lebeis' and immediately recognised him. I don't want anything out of this except to tell the story of a disappointed fan and to say I am not lying. I have no reason to."

Lebeis previously courted controversy when he was filmed pushing away a fan's phone as he tried to take a selfie with Rose at a Q&A in London last month. A video of that incident can be viewed below.

Lebeis was also forced to deny allegations that he was instructed to ban merchandise featuring then former guitarist Slash at GNR's Winnipeg show in 2010. An upset teenage fan faced a similar reprimand for his Slash t-shirt at the band's London O2 Academy show in 2012 – with a witness claiming security were "told by management" to ask gig-goers to remove offending items and eject the fans if they refused.

Campos says she's faced backlash from Guns N' Roses fans since the incident, but insists her sign was simply a tribute to her favourite GNR video, Don't Cry – and not a swipe at current rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus.

She adds: "I do want to try to convey that the sign wasn't meant to be rude or malicious to the band, especially Richard Fortus.

"Asking 'Where's Izzy' is not meant to insult Fortus any more than cheering for drummer Steven Adler would convey anything negative about Frank Ferrer. I made the sign as a tribute to the Don't Cry video, where the 'Where's Izzy' sign is featured for a split second.

"It's my favourite GNR video and I tried to recreate the sign exactly. I'm not sure how anyone could take it to mean anything negative about the band.

"My husband and I paid a lot of money and drove a long way to see the band. I'm just so disappointed it happened. But I thought they all put on a great show, including Fortus."

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-13/guns-n-roses-where-s-izzy-fan-responds-after-band-deny-sign-claims

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Meh. It's been picked up by other outlets and it's still relevant to the discussion.

Sorry, no laughing at you....laughing at this whole story and "someone sent her a message saying, it was probably Fernando" and low and behold sure as shit IT WAS FERNANDO.   This whole episode is just comical to me, not directed at you at all, sorry :)

This most interesting thing to me about this, bar it being rather petty, is the picture of the lady holding the 'Where's Izzy?' sign shows that venues continue to use those folding seat chairs. Is that serious? Is this standard in arenas in America? I thought that got stopped decades ago? Seen heaps of ppl get injured during crowd rushes to the stage and shit in the past, due to those chairs being setup as if everyone will be seated calmly. 

Weird.

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Sorry, no laughing at you....laughing at this whole story and "someone sent her a message saying, it was probably Fernando" and low and behold sure as shit IT WAS FERNANDO.   This whole episode is just comical to me, not directed at you at all, sorry :)

No worries mate. Sorry for any miscommunication there. I have to admit that i laughed when i read about someone sending her a message about Fernando too. I think he's become a running joke with regards to controversy and the band. It wouldn't surprise me if someone just mentioned him because they thought it would be funny. 

Who knows the real story though. I think it's been blown out of proportion anyway. At the end of the day, it was only a sign, and she was lucky to bring it in considering many venues have not allowed signs. One member here said he was not allowed to bring one of the official lithographs into a venue. This whole incident probably has more to do with the fact that the individual kept waving a sign, rather than what was actually on the sign itself.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I will always appreciate a chair. How can anyone stand for 3+ hours, among the body odour of smelly metallers? How do you remain continent? Seems hideous to me.

I did it for five in Vegas, it was no problem at all, not that your comment or  my reply has anything to do with this thread :)

Just now, tsinindy said:

I did it for five in Vegas, it was no problem at all, not that your comment or  my reply has anything to do with this thread :)

I just do not know how anyone can do it. If I stand for too long I start doing that thing that consists of shuffling on the balls of my heel.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I just do not know how anyone can do it. If I stand for too long I start doing that thing that consists of shuffling on the balls of my heel.

Yah, actually I know exactly what you mean...I will admit I did lean on the rail some so I guess I cheated :)

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Yah, actually I know exactly what you mean...I will admit I did lean on the rail some so I guess I cheated :)

As I said, I'm incredibly lazy and just want an easy life. You have a seat and you do not have to push against sweaty people. You want a beer or to go to the toilet then your seat still stands? I'm not a very obstreperous person: I do not realise how headbanging or jumping like a pogo can aid my enjoyment of the music I am witnessing! It is all a bit alien to me in truth?

But then I agree I seem to be in the minority here. Standing is certainly the 'cool' thing.

Why does this chick continue to make such a big deal about someone taking her fuckin sign? Now if they shoved it up her ass, where it actually belonged, I might see a reason for the drama....

Just the look on her face pisses me off. "Look at me, I'm so clever." If Izzy not being there bothers you, stay the fuck home. With your sign.

• Like 2

• downzy locked this topic