Fan Says "Where's Izzy" Sign Was Removed By Security

FROM = http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/guns-n-roses-fan-says-axl-rose-ordered-security-seize-destroy-sign/#McIHORQpIGB3Zmbg.99

GUNS N’ ROSES FAN SAYS AXL ROSE ORDERED SECURITY TO SEIZE & DESTROY HER SIGN

Written by Mike Hohnen on July 12, 2016

Feared and respected Guns N’ Roses autocrat Axl Rose cares not for your free speech it seems, with the rock legend employing the use of his band’s personal muscle to silence one fan who simply asked the question we’ve all been asking: “Where’s Izzy?”

13620188_10100445666313106_6502708999210

During a Guns N’ Roses show in Nashville, diehard fan Caroline Campos brought with her a super DIY sign sporting the question, holding it up for all to see. The sign is a reference to original member Izzy Stradlin who is absent from the band’s recent reformation.

Other original member Steven Adler recently joined the band on a tour date, something which inspired Campos’ next move.

“When the original drummer Steven Adler came out to play his set, I held up my sign with cheers from most of the people in my section,” explained  Campos in a Facebook post. “Axl looked at my sign and started laughing and said ‘That’s a good question!’ He seemed to appreciate the sign.”

She put the sign away once the performance began, however, it was now that things got very Gestapo-y.

“About 10 to 15 minutes later, while GnFnR was playing ‘November Rain,’ our section got swarmed by security AND stage crew (with headsets on). They went row by row asking ‘Who has the sign?? Who has the ‘Where’s Izzy sign’?’ Most everyone in my section acted like they had no idea. Eventually, they made it to the row behind me and saw the sign tucked under my chair.

“A guy in jeans and a black shirt tapped my shoulder and said ‘Is that your sign? You need to give it to me.’ I said ‘Why? Who are you?’ He showed a badge and said, ‘I’m with the band and they’ve asked for the sign to be removed.”

Despite that being the most intimidating thing EVER (Badged, undercover personal Guns N Roses police?) Campos stood her ground:

“I said, ‘We aren’t allowed to have signs?? But I read that…’ and he cut me off and said, ‘You can’t have THAT sign. Give it to me.’ I gave it to him and he walked away folding and ripping it up.”

You can see the offending sign and story below.

Izzy Stadlin was a founding member of the band, filling the roll of rhythm guitarist. He eventually parted ways with the band at the height of their success in the early 1990s.

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/guns-n-roses-fan-says-axl-rose-ordered-security-seize-destroy-sign/

Why do people push Axl's buttons?  He has done so much.  Him and Slash getting along and performing together.  Bringing out Steven.  Performing at the frickin Troubadour with Duff and Slash (it sounds like Steven was intended to be there too till the back problem)

I like Izzy and support Izzy's decision to leave the band during the UYI days partly because of how Axl was at that time.  But, according to Axl, Izzy was a junkie that was more of a liability than an asset during the UYI tour.  Slash said similar things, or at least that he had to work extra hard to cover for Izzy.  Izzy ducked out of the band.  He toyed around with returning around 1995 and ended up not.  He flirted with joining VR and then again, opted out of it.  Izzy seems to have commitment issues.  Axl has his faults but I bet this rift isn't all Axl

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

19 minutes ago, default_ said:

Shit might be deeper than we tought then. Makes me sad and my hopes to see Izzy around have dropped to almost zero now. :facepalm:

It was denied by GNR management that they ordered that, they didnt order it. It was the venue

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Yeah I had a fat security guard all night pointing out signs and people would laugh and then he would get the security in the blue who were walking around with the police. He said signs were not allowed.

Edited by Tourettes2400

7 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

The GNR management saying "Izzy's family" is the appropiate thing to say, even if there's bad blood at the moment but I never thought Axl himself was behind the sign fiasco. Seems too childish to me.

How do you know they said that? 

6 minutes ago, oaka said:

"Izzy is family". :heart: Best way to respond to sth like that! Nicely done! 

Where did they say that?

A witness of the Izzy sign incident said it was Fernando the one who personally took the sign away and destroyed it.

3 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Well it was someone from the GNR's management, in the vegas show, the security told Fernando and he got the sign removed. 

So I don't who is this random source cause it was them who got it removed. 

1 minute ago, action said:

so the girl has been caught out in her lies.

she has had her 5 minutes of fame and has been put to shame by an official reaction from the band. she can fuck off now.

I'm out of likes...my guess has always been there's a lot of fabrication to her story anyway, and she's obviously wanting some attention.  She made sure she got a selfie with her sign.

• Like 1

So it's either TB or the venue that called for the sign to be removed; difficult to point fingers since venues typically don't allow signs like that for concerts to not obstruct views, but TB is overly protective of the integrity of the band also

15 minutes ago, grogmug said:

Yup, I was at the show and mine lasted all of two songs. I figured I would post it in here as well..

image.jpeg

That is fucking cool. It's not blocking anyone's view so taking it down is a lame move by security. Also it was creative,not generic.